Maxta "Cinema Reviews"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Thought I'd start a thread on Movie ratings and the best movies as they come to the Big screen....and judged by none other than us Silvertail critics ! :wait:
I have been dissappointed many times the past 10 plus years going to movies and being let down - Big Time.
But after a couple of Great recent Movie Experiences - I want to recommend them and would like to see other peoples views on Cinema movies as they hit the screen....obviously opinions will vary, but that's cool....

Black Phone - Went last night and if you like a good Thriller/Horror that is not Cliche and has many great idea's - this is the 1.
Set in the 80's the movie is shot brilliantly from the opening.
After a heap of local Child obductions in a smaller country town in the USA (near Denver I think), the main character Finney is taken by "The Grabber" who dreses up in a Devilish mask.
Stuck in a basement Finney starts getting calls on "The Black Phone" that has been out of order for a long time and the calls are from past victims who want to help Finney esacape the dungeon and inevitable doom.
No more spoilers except - A Must see movie !!

Maverick - Part 2 of 'Top Gun" I was worried of too much exaggeration, but pleasantly suprised though a few Americanised scenes (as to be expected), the movie is maybe the best sequel ever.
Tom Cruise love or hate him is a gun actor and personally been a fan since the 80's, but this may just be his best role yet as he is believable as an inspirational older trainer at the Top Gun facility teaching the new rookies how to push the limits as fighter pilots and they basically need to in order to survive.
The movie is well set out from the opening whistle and the flying scenes alone are enough to go view this on the Big screen and I recommend the Biggest, loudest cinema experience possible !

Also my wife went to "Elvis" and reckons it is a Super movie also, but I take no responsibility if it falls short, as I have not seen it personally and we know the woman all love Elvis :emo: :inlove:

Thought I'd start a thread on Movie ratings and the best movies as they come to the Big screen....and judged by none other than us Silvertail critics ! :wait:
I have been dissappointed many times the past 10 plus years going to movies and being let down - Big Time.
But after a couple of Great recent Movie Experiences - I want to recommend them and would like to see other peoples views on Cinema movies as they hit the screen....obviously opinions will vary, but that's cool....

Black Phone - Went last night and if you like a good Thriller/Horror that is not Cliche and has many great idea's - this is the 1.
Set in the 80's the movie is shot brilliantly from the opening.
After a heap of local Child obductions in a smaller country town in the USA (near Denver I think), the main character Finney is taken by "The Grabber" who dreses up in a Devilish mask.
Stuck in a basement Finney starts getting calls on "The Black Phone" that has been out of order for a long time and the calls are from past victims who want to help Finney esacape the dungeon and inevitable doom.
No more spoilers except - A Must see movie !!

Maverick - Part 2 of 'Top Gun" I was worried of too much exaggeration, but pleasantly suprised though a few Americanised scenes (as to be expected), the movie is maybe the best sequel ever.
Tom Cruise love or hate him is a gun actor and personally been a fan since the 80's, but this may just be his best role yet as he is believable as an inspirational older trainer at the Top Gun facility teaching the new rookies how to push the limits as fighter pilots and they basically need to in order to survive.
The movie is well set out from the opening whistle and the flying scenes alone are enough to go view this on the Big screen and I recommend the Biggest, loudest cinema experience possible !

Also my wife went to "Elvis" and reckons it is a Super movie also, but I take no responsibility if it falls short, as I have not seen it personally and we know the woman all love Elvis :emo: :inlove:

Went and saw Maverick on the extreme screen on cheap arse Tuesday this week. It was outstanding one of the best movies I have seen. Saw the preview of Black Phone looks like my kind of movie 👏🏻

Went and saw Maverick on the extreme screen on cheap arse Tuesday this week. It was outstanding one of the best movies I have seen. Saw the preview of Black Phone looks like my kind of movie 👏🏻
Mate u wil love it if that's your lane - so well shot as a simple yet effective Thriller - get in mate 🤙

Jurassic world dominion blows chunks

And I'm disappointed and angry about it.

Saw Elvis ( the movie ) a few days ago.

It’s excellent , typical Baz Luhrmann but still very very good.

Also very very long

I've not seen the movie yet but I've heard the song "don't fly away" from it. What a great mash up of two Elvis songs
They do an excellent job of the movie , paints Col Tom Parker in a very very bad light ( which he was guilty of ) but the young fella who plays Elvis does an incredible job.

I think it would have to be Col Tom himself making the movie for him to be painted in anything but a bad light. For some reason I've put off watching the movie but have only heard good things about it so reckon I'll have to get my arse to the cinema

The dichotomy of civilisation and savagery
Sorry about not commenting about this outstanding film earlier CM. My brother in law had this film playing for his 50th on a big screen he had set up at ANL Terry Hills. He bought an old Vietnam era American chopper which he flew in with his 2 sons, oh what a night. One guest commented, why are we watching such a violent film, only to be met with silence from everyone. She promptly left the party quick smart..lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2