Membership devalued

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is not devalued, you pay for 10 games you get 10 games. Yes some of the bigger games might be moved away. Not ideal but if that means we earn more cash and it helps the bottom line of our club that is financially struggling I will suck it up and not whinge. At the end of the day I want a club to support, do you?

Ryan said:
1. You can $200- odd return tickets to Perth
2. You will get preferred ground seating as a mamber
3. Mark will organise a trip if you want a group
4. Non peak season is REALLY cheap over there

Give it a shot guys. You may create some great memories to treasure going forward.

If you can get return flights to Perth for 200 bucks I'll bend over for the bull dogs and fans

If we knew for sure RIGHT now what day/time the game was-Virgin's best price is $198 one way.Pity we can't get the damn draw out now.Those cheap flights will be gone as soon as it's announced.

Clint said:
Garts said:
At the end of the day I want a club to support, do you?

Absolutely. And this is the bottom line.. Literally.

There is big bucks on offer here. W A only want the melb game from us.
The money will be to big to say no to.
I am hearing that the club will brake even this year if we do the deal. If we win the comp we will make a profit.
That will be a first in a long time. (good work David Perry )
The owners wont have to put in at the end of the year and
that is why they will sell this game and good luck to them.
The members still get there 10 games at brooky,that wont change.

The thing is that to make money, we should try to offload the games that we lose money on. Whatever the profit is, i'm sure it is a profit when we play Melb at Brooky.
Perth is a League starved town. When they do a can drive for the hungry, how many people chuck in a can of caviar?

Manly v Melbs aint broke, it don't need fixin'. Manly v Gold Coast is broke, let's look at ways to make that profitable.

The argument that Perth wanted Melbourne or nothing means we should've told Perth to **** off. Suncorp would always take us v a Qld team. We could just use that and keep the good games at Brooky.

Duff said:
The thing is that to make money, we should try to offload the games that we lose money on. Whatever the profit is, i'm sure it is a profit when we play Melb at Brooky.
Perth is a League starved town. When they do a can drive for the hungry, how many people chuck in a can of caviar?

Manly v Melbs aint broke, it don't need fixin'. Manly v Gold Coast is broke, let's look at ways to make that profitable.

The argument that Perth wanted Melbourne or nothing means we should've told Perth to f**k off. Suncorp would always take us v a Qld team. We could just use that and keep the good games at Brooky.

The thing is if it rains at brooky no mater who is playing (melb,bris, nz ) the gate is halfed. No under cover seats. (They are working on that.)
No other state or ground will pay good money for games they may lose money on. Mlb v Manly is a set fee. It does not mater to the clubs bank if it rains or not. They pay up front.
The club needs to have a year of good $ in the bank.

Take the Penn's out of the club and we will have every home game at Brookie or Rat park (more likely) Big games against Bears, Jets, Wenthworthville (distant NRL teams I think) even Ryde Eastwood! Big crowds of 300-500 so top chance of great seat, no line ups for beer, plenty of parking, meet the players and chat with them. :dodgy:

1. Leagues club: no grant this year: Let's hope the pokies tax goes in to stuff the Dogs (rich pokie club)
2 Brookie: (hear we go again) Want us to stay and pay big rent and small corporates) No guaranteed game day payout like Homebush
3. Lack of big sponsors: Last year we couldn't even get a major sponsor for half the season.
4. Crap tv deal: enough said
5. The likes of players on 400 grand and small income strains.

Darren said:
Take the Penn's out of the club and we will have every home game at Brookie or Rat park (more likely) Big games against Bears, Jets, Wenthworthville (distant NRL teams I think) even Ryde Eastwood! Big crowds of 300-500 so top chance of great seat, no line ups for beer, plenty of parking, meet the players and chat with them. :dodgy:

1. Leagues club: no grant this year: Let's hope the pokies tax goes in to stuff the Dogs (rich pokie club)
2 Brookie: (hear we go again) Want us to stay and pay big rent and small corporates) No guaranteed game day payout like Homebush
3. Lack of big sponsors: Last year we couldn't even get a major sponsor for half the season.

The penns are not the only ones that put money in the club.

1 L/C is putting in over $150,000 this year. ( note that it is down on other years)
2 Agree
3 We have now good sponsors and a good Cheif to run the place. We also have a new marketing team in place who are doing good things.
4 Agree
5 Players income agree, income getting better for the club day by day .

At the end of the day the club is looking a lot better with the changes that were made last year in managment . just wait and see.

lovefooty said:
Darren said:

The penns are not the only ones that put money in the club.

1 L/C is putting in over $150,000 this year. ( note that it is down on other years)
2 Agree
3 We have now good sponsors and a good Cheif to run the place. We also have a new marketing team in place who are doing good things.
4 Agree
5 Players income agree, income getting better for the club day by day .

At the end of the day the club is looking a lot better with the changes that were made last year in managment . just wait and see.
3 agree the poor bastard had the baptism of fire last year kudos to him he didnt pack up and leave.
I think he's on the right track and saying all the right things.

I hope your right LF, at least the board might have got soemthing right last year.

Talking about Brookie drove past this morning and had a look at the renos, there doesnt seem to be much progress - I am getting concerned that it would be ready by Round 6 - not sure what this would mean - another match away from Brookie?

Cambo said:
what time will the supporters bus leave the leagues club for the Perth home game ;)

What a great road trip that would make!
The driving distance is 3,938 km (about 40 hrs )

I think it was a great choice (Perry) He didn't buy into the sniping. I can tell you down here in Wollongong he had a big rating with the Dragoons. He really got the place making big dough (obviously why Penn got him in) His team sounds excellent with lots of corporate experience.
I'm sure I read the Leagies isn't putting anything in this year. I thought 150k was last year? Did anyone else read that?

Duff said:

The argument that Perth wanted Melbourne or nothing means we should've told Perth to f**k off. Suncorp would always take us v a Qld team. We could just use that and keep the good games at Brooky.

Love it, particularly the caviar analogy!

WAMF said:
Cambo said:
what time will the supporters bus leave the leagues club for the Perth home game ;)

What a great road trip that would make!
The driving distance is 3,938 km (about 40 hrs )
No road trip supporters bus lol.
Im gonna try to come across I love sw Wa

Darren said:
I think it was a great choice (Perry) He didn't buy into the sniping. I can tell you down here in Wollongong he had a big rating with the Dragoons. He really got the place making big dough (obviously why Penn got him in) His team sounds excellent with lots of corporate experience.
I'm sure I read the Leagies isn't putting anything in this year. I thought 150k was last year? Did anyone else read that?

Your right he is good but is wasnt the penns.

Last year lowie new he needed help in the marketing department so the feelers went out and Perry put his hat in the ring for comercial director. Perry and tinka williams are mates. Tinka used to coach him in the A grade.
Lowies wrap on perry was big . he said he was the joey johns of footy admin.

Perry took the job because there was a quicker path to a C E O job than at the Dragons.
The rest is history, Lowie got really sick and all of the board backed Perry on Lowies word.

Melbourne game takings would be 20K at brooky @ $25 per head = 500K

Perth better be chucking in a cool million for this one

Fluffy said:
Melbourne game takings would be 20K at brooky @ $25 per head = 500K

Perth better be chucking in a cool million for this one

It does not work like that.
5k are kids who play jnr footy and get in for nothing. N R L pass holders another 2k season ticket holders and sponsors already paid. kids and seniors $10.00

If you ceck with club C F O he will tell you the best gate at brooky in the last 10 years is $220,000 (full house ). If it rains half that.
Mlb V manly in WA could be 1/2 a mil plus all cost for both teams.
I has to be done.

Arrgghhhh! OK, I said I would accept mistakes but someone in this thread must have grown up in a demountable in outer Kalgoorlie. Please Lord, take me now. There is a butcher and they ain't playing with meat.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8