Membership Numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I'm a member - just a 3 game member and view it primarily as a donation - and usually attend 1 or 2 Brookie games a year max. May have used the whole 3 games only once in about 5 or 6 years as I live near Newcastle. This year I haven't been to any at Brookie ( but have at Central Coast which I had to pay for anyway ) due to scheduling & other commitments.

I reckon a small donation is a reasonable price to pay as a club supporter whether you can make it or not - given that attending just 1 game individually on a free members entry costs me at least as much in petrol and food etc as the annual 3 game subscription does anyway.

How about this idea as an added incentive for membership:
Providing there are corporate boxes going unused at various times why doesn't the club conduct a random draw of members and invite the 12 or so members to the corporate box?
I've been going to Brookie for 50+ years and either sitting or standing on the Hill. I'd like to experience a game-on-the-posh-side.

It comes down to what you can afford or what you prioritize.

Despite living pretty close to the ground I just can not get too many games...I try to make up for it buying any merch from the shop etc

What i would like to see is the club to offer more in their digital presence which is something that I would be more than happy to pay for. I understand the limitations they have re the site and staffing but it is an area which i feel is massively undervalued (is our membership site down? i could not get it to load).

It is not like they do not have enough content to draw on..imagine what you could do

- At the start of the year choose a player from each game and follow them each week i.e. JSL , a Turbo
- Interviews with support staff on a weekly basis

Endless opportunities which (and to be fair maybe members get this already) does not appear to be utlisied

Silver Eagle said:
Id like to see manly have a 6 game membership added for next year as well as the 3 and 12 games.

I asked the membership team about bringing back the 6 game membership (I remember having this back in 2010) & was told just buy 2 x 3 game memberships. Hardly an ideal solution!!

I know a lot of people can't afford it. I was wondering how much people know you can pay it off monthly? I have my wife and 3 kids signed up and pay all our membership monthly. Very cheap option. Wife doesn't even like league but will use her 3 pass membership to come and cheer the eagles on for her 3 games.

I even have my 2 year old girl cheering go Manly already lol

dowdz said:
Earlier this year when I caught the bus down Pittwater Road on the way to the sharkies game at Brookie (in the pouring rain), a young dad got on carrying an 18-month-old toddler girl who was yelling out, "Manly!, Manly!"
Cracked the bus up. Very cute. Team them kiddies young.

niccipops said:
dowdz said:
Earlier this year when I caught the bus down Pittwater Road on the way to the sharkies game at Brookie (in the pouring rain), a young dad got on carrying an 18-month-old toddler girl who was yelling out, "Manly!, Manly!"
Cracked the bus up. Very cute. Team them kiddies young.

It's great to see. My little one knows the logo and colours now. She just has to see them anywhere and the chant starts. Love it

Mals said:
lsz said:
I will out myself as a non member

These days I just do not get to the games enough to justify it. As much as I would like to make a charitable donation to the club, I just do not see the value

An example of what the club could do (and might but I am unaware) is make the non attending member benefits more tangible I.e exclusive content etc

Will we get a confession from Darren ;)

@Darren

Yes, not a member this year as can't get there anymore. Found the hill too hard to stand up all day and sitting in the stand and fuel, food etc makes it $100 and long drive after a long week. Been going there for nearly 30 years. Started getting bus and ferry from the Gong in the 80's. Fingers crossed the young ones (next generation) will join up and get along.

I've only been a member for 3 years and my wife actually got it for me for Christmas. Now I couldn't imagine not being a member.

The 3 game pass is perfect as I'm out Parramatta way and some games I just can't make with work etc. I normally get to 5.

I go on my own and love catching up with the regulars on the hill.

I really hope the club can come up with some options to help boost the membership that don't necessarily revolve around attendance at matches as has been mentioned. It's the digital age. Surely we can come up with something. Access to a season in review DVD ? Member only sections on the website with exclusive video content like EPL teams do ?

That added to the member cap and other goodies should sway some.

shawn.b said:
Maybe the NRL could offer live streaming of the members teams games as part of the package.

Great idea but that would make way too much sense for the muppets we have running the commission. What exactly are they doing for the thousands of supporters/members that live in country areas & find it very difficult to get to games?!?

I'm a member of both Manly Sea Eagles and the Wanderers.. in fairness they have a massive base to draw supporters, on top of the massive price difference in merchandise, tickets etc new Jersey for NRL $160, New Jersey for Wsw $90... Family membership for Sea Eagles costs me around $800 odd, wsw family costs me $400. I get a guranteed seat with wsw at Parramatta stadium, and every home game, Nrl I'm not guranteed every game at brooky. But same goes for other teams... Nrl has become all about the corporates, I'm sure a league will follow suit once they actually catch up

Add to that Gf tickets for ALeague last year cost me 50 bucks... You can't go wrong with that. Nrl Gf ticket last year cost me 125

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2