Membership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt replying to the original post Vid. If I was, i would have quoted the original poster.

I was putting some people's financial priorities into perspective.

Were not all redneck footy fans who take their kids to the footy and let them give the bird to other supporters.

clontaago link said:
Were not all redneck footy fans who take their kids to the footy and let them give the bird to other supporters.

Gee...I'm hoping that you are not referring to me in that statement

lmfao whats going  on guys ..  this is nothing compared to how the regulars on mwse treated newbies  in that site  fuk  you couldnt even have an opinion without being howled down when i 1st went there..  then i just gave as good as i got..    its deja vu for some mwese  forum posters their just getting back what they dishhed out  ..

I'm only new here, but from what I've read it is probably safer for the club not to run forums like this, as it indirectly means that they are supporting what we all say. The Telecrap can pick that sort of stuff up and blow it out of proportion. You can bet your bottom $ that there a MWFC people who are members of this site. We are still being listened to I'm shore. Don't let your membership slide, we are in a precarious position in the NRL, lets give them no reason to doubt whether we are worth having in the League. Personally I think that the fact that we have the 2nd lowest membership numbers is appalling considering our record over the past 4 or 5 years.

DSM5 link said:
What's the issue with giving other teams supporters the 'bird' Clon?

Have to agree DSM, this ability should be a prerequisite to getting membership/entry to Brookie on match day

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183726.msg270573#msg270573 date=1277771458]

Have to agree DSM, this ability should be a prerequisite to getting membership/entry to Brookie on match day
[/quote]

Not a good look for little kids surely. 

When I read this thread, I was of the belief it was about MWSE membership, what it means to everyone and was asking why they purchased it in the first place.

Little did I realise that asking such an apparently simple question was going to lead us all to be social outcasts for paying for memberships over donating these funds to charities – please pick your favourite from here: http://forums.vogue.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=48 Nor did I appreciate that taking your children to the football automatically made you a “redneck footy fan who take their kids to the footy and let them give the bird to other supporters”. If this is your view of children at football, there are better places to air these views, here are a few: http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/ or http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/ or even with Dr. Phil.

When Tim Costello or Fr. Chris Riley come on to Silvertails to discuss the issue of MWSE membership, I will be very happy to discuss charitable donations with them and the merits of saving children in Africa over saving the lives of children on the streets in Sydney or providing free cataract surgery in Asia. The people who make donations to these many fine charitable organizations do show spine and a whole lot of commitment. The fact is they do a whole lot more than just talk about it. And that’s the point that was missed.

As for the “Not everything revolves around rugby league” comment, I was of the belief that the Silvertails is a rugby league forum and we were discussing the Manly Sea Eagles membership issues, or have I missed something?

Don't worry about those dip****s Kiero who say "not everything revolves around rugby league".  They have no idea.  It does, it always has, and always will.  And Gronk, kids should be schooled in giving it to the opponents supporters, especially Souths supporters.  The bird, verbal abuse, told to go home and fuq their mothers is OK with me.   

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183726.msg270573#msg270573 date=1277771458]

[/quote]

I'm in contact with Mrs Wheel to place a disclaimer that young BK and Ox getting involved in that type of behaviour has nothing to do with me..Also, new sports shoes in trees are part of that disclaimer

DSM5 link said:
Don't worry about those dips***ts Kiero who say \"not everything revolves around rugby league\".  They have no idea.  It does, it always has, and always will.  And Gronk, kids should be schooled in giving it to the opponents supporters, especially Souths supporters.  The bird, verbal abuse, told to go home and fuq their mothers is OK with me.   

says it all really

DSM5 link said:
Don't worry about those dips***ts Kiero who say \"not everything revolves around rugby league\".  They have no idea.  It does, it always has, and always will.  

Our game needs more Hoppas, Johns, O'Neills, Miles and Carneys. They put RL right where it should - on the front pages of the newspapers where it belongs!

To sum it up if you are thinking of withdrawing your membership because the club closed the forum put the dummy back in and get over yourself.

The team/club is bigger than any forum and remember you support the players/club not the forum.  Dont bite off your nose to spite your face.

Membership is vital if our club is to survive and also to be able to be in a position to win premierships.

How would you feel if the club folded or ended up like Sharks/Souths etc - every year no hope, no premiership joy - remember 2008 and how good that was.

If you are not a member have a good look at yourself and stuff this charity bull**** - do you know that only 10% to 20% of your donation actually goes to what you are donating for - the rest goes in fees etc to the fund raisers.  Put your money to a great cause - Manly Membership and our next premiership.

Amen

Kiero link said:
Little did I realise that asking such an apparently simple question was going to lead us all to be social outcasts for paying for memberships over donating these funds to charities –

Thats not what I said at all. I just made the point that some people have financial priorities that differ from yours.

To make the suggestion that people without memberships have no spine is pathetic.

I'm with Fro, this place was a lot better before the herd moved in.

They'll settle down in time Doug, it's an emotional upheaval for all of them (and for the regulars here in now having a bunch more people to contend with)....but as I say I reckon it will settle down in a month or so, and in 2 months the MWSE forum issue will probably be largely forgotten. I really do hope we don't get to a 'them and us' mentality, we all have to remember at the end of the day we love footy AND Manly and that is ALL that counts!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
They'll settle down in time Doug, it's an emotional upheaval for all of them (and for the regulars here in now having a bunch more people to contend with)....but as I say I reckon it will settle down in a month or so, and in 2 months the MWSE forum issue will probably be largely forgotten. I really do hope we don't get to a 'them and us' mentality, we all have to remember at the end of the day we love footy AND Manly and that is ALL that counts!!!

If not sooner Mark, happy to have found this place. Though I do think a "them vs us" might happen around membership renewal time and I hope it doesn't happen.
People who know AFL will know that they have have one of these mentality's (this from just an observer point of view) where non member's are treated like second class citzen's from supporter's of the same team that they barrack for.

There won't be an 'us vs them' unless the forums are brought up again.

I've moved on from my experience with MWSE (although still believe that the club didn't do themselves any favours in the way events transpired) as I've found this place to be superior anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4