Memberships soaring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are trying to use scarcity as a driver to increase demand - basically get in now otherwise you might miss out as memberships are selling out. It is an interesting tactic as, apart from reserved seating, there is almost limitless supply.

The fact that there is little mention of how these numbers track against the same period last year (rather than speculation over the total number of memberships) suggests to me there is little credibility here

Exactly, the only ones renewing (give or take) are those with reserved seats, in all honesty if I was able to attend 10 games, had a great seat in the stand I'd renew as well.

Its however people such as me, in the past looking at the memberships as a "donation" to the cause that I think they will have an issue with.

Lets see how they are tracking in early 2016

They are trying to use scarcity as a driver to increase demand - basically get in now otherwise you might miss out as memberships are selling out. It is an interesting tactic as, apart from reserved seating, there is almost limitless supply.

The fact that there is little mention of how these numbers track against the same period last year (rather than speculation over the total number of memberships) suggests to me there is little credibility here

They also want to reduce the capacity of Brookie with their latest stand idea.

The pace will slow now that the auto renew numbers are done and dusted. Now it comes down to the club to entice new and existing members to volunteer their hard-earned, and I doubt we'll read up on how that goes if we again struggle to 12,000 for 2016.

I also wonder what the percentage of renewals have opted for same or a lesser membership value. Have many of the 4000 downgraded there support.

I also wonder what the percentage of renewals have opted for same or a lesser membership value. Have many of the 4000 downgraded there support.
I wonder what the percentage of renewals have opted for a higher membership ,
How many 4000 upgraded their support
53f171739078f48d3174ce5cc22f1aec.jpg

The poll in another thread suggest 25% wont be renewing and another 25% are not sure. So id say we will be lucky to get 11000 members this year.
I wrote the club but never heard back so i havnt renewed, sad because i love the club. I will be renewing my FC membership though.

I understand everyone has different views on this, let's make sure we don't lose friends or slag off against people who do or don't renew.

I understand everyone has different views on this, let's make sure we don't lose friends or slag off against people who do or don't renew.
I think that's a very perceptive observation about this situation. And to be honest I'm still umming and ahhing. Last year I renewed myself and my kids straight away. This year I got the letter and just wasn't sure. My kids are a bit on and off about rugby league so I'm not sure about bothering with them, and me....I'm still deciding.

I can see both sides and I think it's important what @Mark from Brisbane said. We need to respect people's decisions here and not go off the deep end at people.

By the way my comment wasn't aimed at anyone or about anyone's comments but I can just see that this could get ugly, and that's not necessary , everyone is entitled to join or not, protest or not and not be ridiculed for joining or choosing not to!!

Just wasn't that excited at the prospect of another membership for next season, as I have been previously. But I have renewed mine and the boys, though mine has been downgraded from the 2015 option.

I have always considered it a donation, but at the very least I expect decent communication and a sense of professionalism within the organisation. They have failed on both accounts this year and while Zorba remains in place, I can't see myself looking beyond basic m'ship options into the future. I fully understand that new owners means a change of direction, and Bozo obviously has a lot of input to that, but to ****can all those staff and players yet leave Peters in his roles, says volumes about the poison politics in place.

FC membership locked in and will make that the priority, if money gets tight.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8