Merry Christmas Silvertailers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year for 2024 @Mark from Brisbane to you and your family

glad you are back this forum is not the same without you.

the best gift we can all get for 2024 is our club become united again from owners right down and go deep into finals footy and become a team again not relying on one player.

2024 is sure going to be an interesting year.

enjoy your travels

Merry Christmas and a happy new year for 2024 @Mark from Brisbane to you and your family

glad you are back this forum is not the same without you.

the best gift we can all get for 2024 is our club become united again from owners right down and go deep into finals footy and become a team again not relying on one player.

2024 is sure going to be an interesting year.

enjoy your travels
I’ll return mate , just needed a break from the constant negativity.

Thank you for your nice words !!

I’ll return mate , just needed a break from the constant negativity.

Thank you for your nice words !!
G'day all,Wonderful news to hear all's well Mark,and best wishes and compliments of the season to you and the family.Have enjoyed and respected your contributons on this site over the years and it is great to see you back.
Just as an aside,I am packing the bride and the dog and hitting the road too at the end of March,she wants to do a helicopter ride over Uluru, so we're heading there,then no fixed itinerary just see where we end up(one of the privileges of being a retired bludger),so might see you about somewhere.
Finally to all Silvertailers hope you all have a happy,safe Christmas and happy,healthy and prosperous New Year.
cheers mike

Thanks for your post, Mark. Glad to see you back here and you're "still kicking"!

Wishing you - as well as all Silvertailers - a Merry Christmas and all the best for a happy, healthy & safe 2024.

Just thought I’d pop to say I’m still kicking and to wish everyone a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year and please if travelling on the roads take good care as jeez it can be a bloody dangerous time for driving ( the nutters out in force ).

An interesting 3 months since I took a break , no big name recruiting ( Brooks was announced a while ago ) but I guess I didn’t expect that given the money invested in DCE/ Jurbo / Turbo & to a lesser extent Schuster.

I must say I like what I’m seeing in terms of Seibolds second year , there’s going to be plenty of competition for spots & that can’t be a bad thing, and I really do wonder how Schuster is going to go , hopefully better as a forward because he was never a 5/8.

Of course much depends on Tom and his ability to play more than about 3/4 games a year and let’s face it that remains to be seen.

The good news ( for those that know ) is I’m going to be away in the caravan next year for a very very long time , 7-8 months in fact with most of 24 being spent in WA.

I’ll be around for March and most of April, the gone until just before Christmas 24.

I have recently added a Starlink system to our van , so my months at a time off grid will be a thing of the past ( not sure if that’s a good or bad thing as it was peaceful when we were off grid).

And yes fishing will play a part in next year , hoping to catch some Barra in the Kimberley and we are having a few weeks at 80 mile beach so the surf rod can get a workout , plus I hope to do some fishing charters down around Exmouth. I never worry about photos ( I reckon that’s all bull**** ) so don’t expect to be bombarded with massive fish photos as that’s not my go.

And yes I’ll be back for the 24 season and sincerely hope we have a better year as we are certainly due, I however have decided I’ll give the game day threads a miss as they are far too hectic for my poor old heart !!

So until then , all the best for Christmas and Go Manly !!!

Oh and PS: the fatman comes #NextWeek so be careful about how much you eat and drink as it’ll come back to haunt you.
Merry Christmas to you and your family Mark, I hope your health is holding up mate👍

Who needs AFB when we have MFB!

Are you off the whiskey? Disappointed it didn’t get a mention along with the fishing and caravan.

Great to hear you are well and have a great Christmas.

Just bought a an LC300 & kitting it out. Done the lift & GVM upgrades. Bullbar winch etc. Initially going to put a rooftop tent on it to do fraser but will be looking for a good off road van in the next year or so. Then I'll be joining the nomads for a while. The wife wants to go to Esperance for a looksee.
IMG_2802.JPG

Just bought a an LC300 & kitting it out. Done the lift & GVM upgrades. Bullbar winch etc. Initially going to put a rooftop tent on it to do fraser but will be looking for a good off road van in the next year or so. Then I'll be joining the nomads for a while. The wife wants to go to Esperance for a looksee.
View attachment 25735
Congratulations feathered friend @Jerry 1 . I hope you have lots of fun with your toy
I am more of a Jeep Manly Man my self
20200116_085515.jpg

Merry Christmas to all. Hoping that you all receive some Manly merchandise in your stockings this day.

Just thought I’d pop to say I’m still kicking and to wish everyone a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year and please if travelling on the roads take good care as jeez it can be a bloody dangerous time for driving ( the nutters out in force ).

An interesting 3 months since I took a break , no big name recruiting ( Brooks was announced a while ago ) but I guess I didn’t expect that given the money invested in DCE/ Jurbo / Turbo & to a lesser extent Schuster.

I must say I like what I’m seeing in terms of Seibolds second year , there’s going to be plenty of competition for spots & that can’t be a bad thing, and I really do wonder how Schuster is going to go , hopefully better as a forward because he was never a 5/8.

Of course much depends on Tom and his ability to play more than about 3/4 games a year and let’s face it that remains to be seen.

The good news ( for those that know ) is I’m going to be away in the caravan next year for a very very long time , 7-8 months in fact with most of 24 being spent in WA.

I’ll be around for March and most of April, the gone until just before Christmas 24.

I have recently added a Starlink system to our van , so my months at a time off grid will be a thing of the past ( not sure if that’s a good or bad thing as it was peaceful when we were off grid).

And yes fishing will play a part in next year , hoping to catch some Barra in the Kimberley and we are having a few weeks at 80 mile beach so the surf rod can get a workout , plus I hope to do some fishing charters down around Exmouth. I never worry about photos ( I reckon that’s all bull**** ) so don’t expect to be bombarded with massive fish photos as that’s not my go.

And yes I’ll be back for the 24 season and sincerely hope we have a better year as we are certainly due, I however have decided I’ll give the game day threads a miss as they are far too hectic for my poor old heart !!

So until then , all the best for Christmas and Go Manly !!!

Oh and PS: the fatman comes #NextWeek so be careful about how much you eat and drink as it’ll come back to haunt you.
Safe travels MFB and all the best to all Silvertails and the team for 2024
Go Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8