Message for Tony Mestrov re Flanagan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Roosters regretted it, hence Ryles exit. Oh and btw Fitzgibbon wasn't making a 3rd income calling games on Fox.

Might have been plausible for him to stay (just) if the club he's going to wasn't having a new implosion every three days. Between that and his Fox gig, there's no way he has any time for us other than showing up with the maroon and white outfit on.

Be gone Shady!

Might have been plausible for him to stay (just) if the club he's going to wasn't having a new implosion every three days. Between that and his Fox gig, there's no way he has any time for us other than showing up with the maroon and white outfit on.

Be gone Shady!
I originally didn’t have a problem with him staying as the club/Seibold were comfortable with the situation and his Fox duties wouldn’t have had any impact to his ability to coach at Manly.But since the Ben Hunt debacle blew up,I suspect he’s got to sort that out quite quickly.To be honest,he’s only an assistant and look at the Panthers,they just let two go and it hasn’t had an impact

I originally didn’t have a problem with him staying as the club/Seibold were comfortable with the situation and his Fox duties wouldn’t have had any impact to his ability to coach at Manly.But since the Ben Hunt debacle blew up,I suspect he’s got to sort that out quite quickly.To be honest,he’s only an assistant and look at the Panthers,they just let two go and it hasn’t had an impact

Panthers just lost to the Cowboys.
They're spiraling out of control, and this can only be attributed to the lost of their 2 assistant coaches!!

It's preposterous to think Flanagan can stay at Brookie when he's now the incoming coach of another club.

Tony Mestrov, the conflict of interest is jarringly obvious, please move on this for all parties sakes.

If it's good enough for Roosters with Ryles, why isn't it for us?
Spot on - I cannot think of any other sport in the world or business for that matter that would tolerate such a massive conflict of interest. Maybe Siebold needs him too much....

Jokes aside, I really can't see how anybody can justify Flanagan staying on?

The dragons are fuked, and he's going to be spending a lot of time cleaning up that mess. It's clear he's already focusing on that by reaching out to Ben Hunt. I think the Dragons CEO said he asked Flanagan to have a chat with Hunt, which he did.

Between that and his Fox Sports gig, I really don't see how he can be giving 100% focus to assisting Seebs in fixing whatever fuking hole we've dug ourselves into at Manly.

Flanagan must go now.

He is being paid by Manly this year to be their assistant coach.

As far as we know he is not being paid yet to work for St George.

The Ben Hunt situation is not a good look for Flanagan.

Nor for Manly, if they do nothing.

How would most businesses feel if their employees started helping out the competiton whilst still collecting their wage...

Flano or no flano do you really think it effects our performance both have bought nothing to the team.

Jokes aside, I really can't see how anybody can justify Flanagan staying on?

The dragons are fuked, and he's going to be spending a lot of time cleaning up that mess. It's clear he's already focusing on that by reaching out to Ben Hunt. I think the Dragons CEO said he asked Flanagan to have a chat with Hunt, which he did.

Between that and his Fox Sports gig, I really don't see how he can be giving 100% focus to assisting Seebs in fixing whatever fuking hole we've dug ourselves into at Manly.

Flanagan must go now.
I agree I think it wiser to part ways.

But I think the issue is waaaay overblown by some on here

Be gone Shady!
It's clear that he's spending a lot of the time we're paying him for dealing with St Merge related stuff, I'd say we're better to cut him loose and concentrate on what's left of this season without the diversions he's currently experiencing

Flano or no flano do you really think it effects our performance both have bought nothing to the team.
Did you think a rainbow jersey would end a season. This group can be pretty precious, might upset a few

Forget Flanno what is going to happen with Jim Dymock wasnt he associated with Flanno previously ?

Does he stay or Follow Flanno.

I suggest that Mestrov be the judge of whether Flanagan is doing his job at Manly, or is distracted by his incoming role at Illawarra. Mestrov is not stupid. I think, from the outside looking in, that he is doing a good job as CEO.
We sausage eaters are not informed sufficiently to know what is best for the club. What I do know from watching the team's hot-cold performances is that the reportedly no-nonsense Flanagan hasn't help toughen up the mindset of the majority of our players, which I've been led to believe was one of his strengths as a coach.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8