Message from Warringah Mayor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff, I won't argue with you. You're right, I have never actually been to Parra or Gosford stadiums (TBH I have only been to 2 venues in Sydney. The SFS and SCG, I have never yet got to Brookvale). But for their bad points that I've heard and read about, they have exactly what the NRL wants and what Brookie doesn't have.......all seats and for the most part, up-to-date facilities.

Here is a question for the clubs that use 'suburban' grounds in Sydney....

Do the Wests Tigers have to pay a hiring fee for Leichhardt or Campbelltown?

Does St Merge have to hire Kogarah and/or WIN?

Does Cronulla have to hire Shark Park (they own that place don't they?).

Do the Panthers have to hire Penrith Park?

If, as the Mayor says, the club has not made Council an official offer then I feel used - and I expect all fans feel likewise. I have written to the Council at the urging of Kelly, in support of the club. But it seem like we only were told a one-sided view of the issue.
As one earlier poster noted: Why has the hiring of Brookvale Oval only become an issue now that the Penns have full ownership of the club? We've been playing there for almost 70 years, seemingly without such angst.

Wow, I was at Albury last year and decided that day Kelly was either a liar or a fool, probably both.

There is no way I would ever believe anything that come from him or "That Camp" again let alone support anything they advised (other than the team, of course).

It will be a great day they day the bloke is gone from our club in my opinion.

Funny, this morning we were coming home from Warriewood Square, and we saw suited men and women walking around Rat Park very deep in conversation. They were walking around the perimeter and pointing out to all different parts of the Park. Could this be the first part of Manly going to Rat Park?
Surprised you made it out of the car park alive!

But back to your comment - wouldn't surprise me at all. The council has been quite open about the possibility, has already said the rates would be very fair and they like the idea of having them and the Rats playing out of there whilst throwing a few games to the Mariners

Funny, this morning we were coming home from Warriewood Square, and we saw suited men and women walking around Rat Park very deep in conversation. They were walking around the perimeter and pointing out to all different parts of the Park. Could this be the first part of Manly going to Rat Park?
Just mormons looking for the rats

Duff, I won't argue with you. You're right, I have never actually been to Parra or Gosford stadiums (TBH I have only been to 2 venues in Sydney. The SFS and SCG, I have never yet got to Brookvale). But for their bad points that I've heard and read about, they have exactly what the NRL wants and what Brookie doesn't have.......all seats and for the most part, up-to-date facilities.
The atmosphere at brookie for the semi against the rabbits a few years ago was like nothing you could experience at any other ground

Pure magic

No one is asking the 600k
question. Why does it cost so much to maintain the ground. How competitive Is the tender for the work and how often is it renewed? This leads directly to the lease fees.

Maybe move to Rat Park and rename the team the Warriewood Wild Turkeys. Incorporate's the local fauna into the name, means we can re-use last years heritage jersey and can ditch CoCo Joy for a ready made sponsor - one more palatable to many fans...

What's wrong with the people that have put millions into the club trying to get a better deal?, if I was the Penns and paying Kelly I would expect nothing less than my CEO doing his job and that's running the joint with efficiency and business sense. If he can negotiate a better deal then that's he's goal, business is not about showing your hand, when are the "narks" on here going to realise this fact.. This is a business now, and we need the front office to operate as a profitable, viable business or we have no team. Seriously what are you crying out for.. The Penns to pull out their cash and where to then.. No team to support, because that is a very real senario. Who would invest in an Nrl club or any other Sporting team here in Australia anyway, it's more than likley a loss, so thank you to people like the Penns who are supporters of the team that also have a passion to keep our flag flying. Just remember the Super League saga and how devastating that was when Manly suddenly eroded. And it was people like Zorba that put up the fight and it was back room business dealings, that always had the goal that through the merger Manly would return, didn't hear too many people bagging the administration then. Thank god for clever people pushing their business brain in order to get a positive outcome for the sea eagles.

What's wrong with the people that have put millions into the club trying to get a better deal?, if I was the Penns and paying Kelly I would expect nothing less than my CEO doing his job and that's running the joint with efficiency and business sense. If he can negotiate a better deal then that's he's goal, business is not about showing your hand, when are the "narks" on here going to realise this fact.. This is a business now, and we need the front office to operate as a profitable, viable business or we have no team. Seriously what are you crying out for.. The Penns to pull out their cash and where to then.. No team to support, because that is a very real senario. Who would invest in an Nrl club or any other Sporting team here in Australia anyway, it's more than likley a loss, so thank you to people like the Penns who are supporters of the team that also have a passion to keep our flag flying. Just remember the Super League saga and how devastating that was when Manly suddenly eroded. And it was people like Zorba that put up the fight and it was back room business dealings, that always had the goal that through the merger Manly would return, didn't hear too many people bagging the administration then. Thank god for clever people pushing their business brain in order to get a positive outcome for the sea eagles.
Hi @BOZO

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4