Message To Our Defensive Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our edge defence has been terrible for at least three years. Our outside backs - including experienced players like Lyon and Matai - often make terrible decisions in defence and we never, ever seem to have the ability to count numbers or the speed required to slide.

Our edge defence has been terrible for at least three years. Our outside backs - including experienced players like Lyon and Matai - often make terrible decisions in defence and we never, ever seem to have the ability to count numbers or the speed required to slide.
Yeah, but tonight they took it to another level.....the basement. Slater, Munster, and Will Chambers would be taking bets on who scores the most tries between them.

I've said it before and will say it again.....

For 2 or 3 years now our wingers, especially those outside of Killer, have been copping a hammering on here for bad defence, especially in our own 20-30 metre zone. Unfortunately however, more often than not its those inside of the wingers who are creating the problem.

Wolfman copped it. Hiku was a favourite target. Wiliame, even Tom copped a bit last year. All of them played outside of Killer. Is that just coincidence or is there more to it than that?

Of course, Jorge created his own problems tonight. WTF was he thinking? Twice he rushed up out of the line and left a huge hole outside. The problem there is that Skivy simply isn't fast enough to cover that and if the FB isn't in good position to at least attempt a last line shot then its going to lead to a try. And if he wasn't doing that, he was backing away from the Tigpies players when only 5 metres out.

Last edited:
haven't seen anything from DCE & Dylan Walker that give the slightest glimmer of hope DW ... just don't look like a 5/8 ... centre yes .... he scored a centres try .... we missed Foran's organisation, tackling and kicking game badly tonight ... we were just bloody terrible in the middle and yes agree with Ron E Gibbs can't count and can't slide quickly enough which is very unManly .... to end on a positive, Marty Tapou was great.

Some may not agree but most of Myles' 41 tackles were as the 2nd or 3rd tackler when the bulk of the work had already been done. The few times I saw him as a first tackler, most times they got away from him rather easily.

I can understand that attacking combinations take time to click. But defence especially the urgency in defence shouldn't. There just seems to be no urgency in either attack or defence. The Tigers made easy metres last night off every set and it was embarrasing.

Mr Sievebold better get this defence in order asap

Ferris will be away with the Qld SOO Team mid year - will be interesting to see if our D improves then :wondering:

Wonder what Carty does?
The Cowboys' defensive patterns looked good last year whilst he was up there@:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2