Mick Gordon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
From all reports cant find a new club for next year and is looking at an early retirement.

We need a goal kicker. Sign him up now!!!

Give him either wing and use him as a back up fullback. Imagine having him in the team now. Turbo likes an injury or 2 every year.

Also, similar to the souths game (i think) at the start of the year, we ran out to a 3 try lead and went to the break up 14 nil. I reckon if we led 18 nil we would have went on an won the game. It those little things that can give or take away the confidence to carry on with a game.

Hed be a good pickup but people are blowing this goal kicking problem way out of the water. Sure our kickers aren't great (they are pretty **** tbh) but it's not losing us games, that's a stupid way to put it. What loses games is letting them score the tries in the first place. If we had a good goal kicker we would still have the exact same results.

I like Gordon and I'd sign him on a 2 year deal but he isn't going to give you any attack, he's speedy but small wingers are pretty rare these days. Plus let's be honest we wouldnt be having this conversation if he wasn't a goal kicker. And if you are buying players based on an extra 4 points a game for just one attribute it's pretty poor recruitment. Our Backline is perfect atm, it's best in the league and is well balanced. No need to change it.

Just sign him right this week, the Chooks will probably have Tedesco by Friday and be looking to unload some spares.

I like Gordon and I'd sign him on a 2 year deal but he isn't going to give you any attack, he's speedy but small wingers are pretty rare these days. Plus let's be honest we wouldnt be having this conversation if he wasn't a goal kicker. And if you are buying players based on an extra 4 points a game for just one attribute it's pretty poor recruitment. Our Backline is perfect atm, it's best in the league and is well balanced. No need to change it.

Goal kicking could prevent us missing the 8. For and Against will decide the bottom 4 spots of the 8 this year and poor goal kicking could well be the difference. if we were up 18 nil last week and against Souths earlier in the year I don't believe we lose those games.

Goal kicking could prevent us missing the 8. For and Against will decide the bottom 4 spots of the 8 this year and poor goal kicking could well be the difference. if we were up 18 nil last week and against Souths earlier in the year I don't believe we lose those games.
Haha, lol so we kick 2 goals and we automatically win? Hmmm? We lost to both those teams due to 2nd half performances, those missed do not impact the final result. We lose by what 4 less points? That's all that would happen. Goal kicking is not what lost those games or would have won them.

so my first contribution for this forum and as a very dedicated and proud many sea eagles supporter for nearly fifty years now i hope that i can add even a little more interest and perspective - past and present and to the already very or quite impressive input already provided and so specifically in regard to this thread there should be the two regular byes to take into account for tom turbos recovery so these suggested options are surely short term and not necessary considerations and also as wright at least is generally reliable anyway importantly of coarse and always - go the mighty sea eagles and may all of their genuine and passionate supporters- on here and everywhere maintain this good cause

so my first contribution for this forum and as a very dedicated and proud many sea eagles supporter for nearly fifty years now i hope that i can add even a little more interest and perspective - past and present and to the already very or quite impressive input already provided and so specifically in regard to this thread there should be the two regular byes to take into account for tom turbos recovery so these suggested options are surely short term and not necessary considerations and also as wright at least is generally reliable anyway importantly of coarse and always - go the mighty sea eagles and may all of their genuine and passionate supporters- on here and everywhere maintain this good cause

Welcome Al, and may I be the first to say, punctuation is good sometimes :)

He was speedy about 5 years ago and even then he was more Darius Boyd than Billy Slater. He should retire. He is doing the same things Snake was doing last year; their brain is somewhere their body can't be. You can see what they want to do but their body just doesn't get them there in time. He is a wholehearted campaigner but I really think the Roosters have messed with Latrell Mitchell something fierce. He is a fullback every day of the week and a good one...they moved him to centre and then got the ****s when he couldn't learn the subtleties of the defence overnight.

Now they've signed Teddy and Latrell will end walking elsewhere to get the money he knows he can get playing 1. Teddy is an overrated broken field runner; Latrell has a higher ceiling than Tedesco.

He was speedy about 5 years ago and even then he was more Darius Boyd than Billy Slater. He should retire. He is doing the same things Snake was doing last year; their brain is somewhere their body can't be. You can see what they want to do but their body just doesn't get them there in time. He is a wholehearted campaigner but I really think the Roosters have messed with Latrell Mitchell something fierce. He is a fullback every day of the week and a good one...they moved him to centre and then got the ****s when he couldn't learn the subtleties of the defence overnight.

Now they've signed Teddy and Latrell will end walking elsewhere to get the money he knows he can get playing 1. Teddy is an overrated broken field runner; Latrell has a higher ceiling than Tedesco.
Mitchell is something special. I hope he goes to knights, he won't but he'd be awesome than Ponga can play 6.

Mitchell is something special. I hope he goes to knights, he won't but he'd be awesome than Ponga can play 6.
I really feel for the Knights...can't believe I would say that after 97 but if it was the Dogs or Eels I wouldn't mind a bit!

Tedesco is a great runner of the ball but these days fullbacks need to be a lot more. Passing, positional play and defence are all a part of the job. Having 1 out of 4 of those attributes doesn't make him worth the $1 mill + that he's getting. Turbo has all 4 of those in spades. That's why he's a damn special player.

I really feel for the Knights...can't believe I would say that after 97 but if it was the Dogs or Eels I wouldn't mind a bit!
I like Watching Knights, I can't wait to see them 2nd (Manly 1st) They in my opinion have the best young forward pack coming through. Mata'utia is playing great at 11 and is a great skipper, Barnett is good, Stone is a great running back rower junior aus 20s rep, Saifiti twins are amazing. Good pack just need some superstars to clean it up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8