Minor Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We've won 4 in a row and we haven't been playing very well. Defending well yes, but overall performances have been below what we would normally expect.

There is a pattern this season.

Won round 2,3 & 4 then flogged by Tigpies because we were flat.
Won round 6,7,8 & 10 then flogged by Donkeys because we were flat.
Won round 13,15 & 16 then lost to Dishlickers because we were flat.
Won round 18,19,20 & 21 then...........

I suspect we will be flat for this game and get flogged.

Only thing flat will be the Rabbid caught in the Manly Headlights :exclamation:

Spring is Manly's season - you can sense the acceleration of anticipation of Finals Footy on the Peninsular :)

Whilst I'd REALLY love to see us wrap up the Minor Premiership come the end of round 26, now it's gonna be tough unless Souffs drop at least a couple of the last few games.

And we need to win these Titans, Eels and Panthers games in teh coming weeks.

In any case, it's the Grand Final Premiership that's all-important and the focus for Maroon and White.
Still, in addition to that, the Minor Premiership en route would be sweet.

Ralphie said:
We've won 4 in a row and we haven't been playing very well. Defending well yes, but overall performances have been below what we would normally expect.

So I assume on that pattern we should win 23, 24,25 get flogged in rd 26 then win 1st Qualifying final, prelim final, Grand final & WCC. Simples

Souths have won 5 in a row. For them to win it they would have to make that streak at least 7 maybe 8 which really is unlikely. Even if they finish the season without losing another game the likely hood of them winning 11 in a row including the GF is almost zero.

They will either drop one in the next couple of weeks or lose a semi. They are peaking now and we will be peaking in about 3-4 weeks time

mickqld said:
Ralphie said:

So I assume on that pattern we should win 23, 24,25 get flogged in rd 26 then win 1st Qualifying final, prelim final, Grand final & WCC. Simples

That's very possible, but I was pretty close to the mark. Whilst we weren't flogged on the paddock, we were on the scoreline and we were as flat as a sh1t carters hat.

It doesn't really matter if we win the minor premiership or not.

It is only important that we finish in the top 4.

We won't get a home playoff game anyway with the NRL's rule changes a few years ago.

Will the NRL have the shield present at townsville in case we win? or will it be another origin like anti-climax presentation?

EagleHaus said:
Will the NRL have the shield present at townsville in case we win? or will it be another origin like anti-climax presentation?

If Manly loses, the chance to present it to the winner of the chooks v lol@souffs has already passed as they play Thursday night. If it gets presented to the winner at fulltime on Thursday night, then I'm going to get more than a little suspicious when we get rorted by the refs on The Saturday :p

bones said:
EagleHaus said:

If Manly loses, the chance to present it to the winner of the chooks v lol@souffs has already passed as they play Thursday night. If it gets presented to the winner at fulltime on Thursday night, then I'm going to get more than a little suspicious when we get robbed on The Saturday :p

Relax, the cowboys haven't been robbed for a couple of weeks, and are now overdue.

It's clear to anyone that has been following the narrative of the nrl story, nq will be "robbed" this coming week against manly. Most probably off something kieran does. JT will implode for the media on cue.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4