Minor Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We haven't got a hope. Pulling the spirit of mickqld into this and we have less than half a hope. Lucky to finish in the top 8. My personal guess is that we are goooorne for the year. I'm already planning for Mad Monday.

Was of a lot more significance when there was just a final five, the minor premier woud get the week off and then play the winner of 2 v 3 for the rightto go stright to the grand final.

joeboy said:
This comment isn't really about manly winning it, as I hate the thought of jinxing it.. But dies anyone else think the prize money fir minor premiership, aswell as premiership is absurdly low?

You would think it would be enough to give each player in the squad a slice and pump some into the club.. 100 000 does not do that!

Definitely too low.

The winner of the Aussie open tennis match gets over 1 million dollars, and the runner up gets something like 700,000 dollars as well!!!?!?!?!

Yet the top team who gets bashed week in week out for 26 rounds gets a measly 100k? It's rubbish. A player who plays in all 3 SOO matches gets 90k!

I'm not sure what the premiers get but I think it should be at least 500k to the minor premiers (though it's a pity the MP is not as prestigious as it should be) and at least a million for the GF winners.

The amounts currently are a joke.

This may have already been mentioned, but souffs have been travelling along quietly under the radar more than any other team. Even their fans have been quiet.

If you have any doubts about how delicate our situation is, if we don't beat the donkeys this Friday and souffs do beat Newcastle (Likely for them) then they can go to the top of the ladder by beating us the following Friday because their for & against is better than ours by 18 points as we stand today.

So in simple terms we could easily lose top spot by Friday week.

Reading this and other threads I can't help but think we are getting ahead of ourselves. In fact I can't help but think we sound a little like souffs fans in the past.

Pretty sad that Sutton and San Burgess look to be out for a while....

The commentators seem to agree Manly is clearly the best team in the comp but the problem is, it is still July right now, not September. It's all in the timing of the run, when your eyes are on the big prize.

I think we are up there but no way we should be favourites.

And yes it's July not October.

How can we not be favourites? We're 4 clear at the top of the table.

Eagles2nv said:
Im not counting my chickens till I know its safe. Yeah we are in the box seat but the strangest things have happened.

We dont have the easiest run into the finals

But our run home compared to other top 6 rivals is not too bad.

Souths play 5 top 8 sides in the last 6 games.

Stevo said:
How can we not be favourites? We're 4 clear at the top of the table.

Eagles2nv said:
Im not counting my chickens till I know its safe. Yeah we are in the box seat but the strangest things have happened.

We dont have the easiest run into the finals
But our run home compared to other top 6 rivals is not too bad.

Souths play 5 top 8 sides in the last 6 games.

and will have to play at least some of these without Teo, Burgess, Sutton.
Souffs cannot prepare properly with these kinds of gaps. They NEED a fit 'n firing Gifty NOW,!
Big big win for MWSE @ the SCG! :)

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the most important benefit of taking out the minor p/ship.

If Manly then keeps winning through the finals they get to wear their Maroon jersey every week! As we all know, this is crucial to assuring success.

Bradza said:
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the most important benefit of taking out the minor p/ship.

If Manly then keeps winning through the finals they get to wear their Maroon jersey every week! As we all know, this is crucial to assuring success.

I'm hoping they wear their wolverine jerseys throughout the final series!

woot!

globaleagle said:
Bradza said:

woot!

Bite your tongue GE!

Wearin' yellow this week at Brookie is more than enough thanks mate.

If we can beat the Bronx well and South's soon, that will go a long way toward us getting the minor P.

Serious for a moment... when we win the comp this year, will it be with the most inexperienced pack of forwards we have ever had in a premiership team?

You mean young or those without GF experience?

It would have to be close in both counts. Especially if Gifty doesn't return.

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:
Bradza said:

woot!

Bite your tongue GE!

Wearin' yellow this week at Brookie is more than enough thanks mate.

If we can beat the Bronx well and South's soon, that will go a long way toward us getting the minor P.

I'm with you RE, once is more than enough for me too. Manly isn't manly without the maroon and white!

HappilyManly said:
You mean young or those without GF experience?

It would have to be close in both counts. Especially if Gifty doesn't return.

If we're left with only Choc, Matty B and Kingdog (in the finals etc.) we're definitely going in with youth and inexperience.

But you make your own luck; forge your own destiny; and in the end are the creator of your own experiences (with a lotta help from your friends!)

And 2V and co. of course.

Guys like BJ, Horo, TRed and even Hasson and JSL would have the fresh trauma of losing a GF from last year.

We're on track to avenge that now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4