mitchell pearce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Normie said:
Pearce and Farrah should both be stamped never to play Origin again..........

I'll admit Pearce now needs to go. (I'll openly say I have a soft spot for Pearce and hoped beyond hope he would lead us to a win tonight....however I think his Origin career is now over.

As for Farrah.....what did he do wrong? And more importantly who replaces him?? Pearce goes for Adam Reynolds, fair enough. But Farrah? Ennis....he's not up to it.....who else?

Maloney deserved his spot, pearce didnt.

He had a couple of great opportunities tonight to put on that big play which could have made him an instant hero but he bluffed it on each occassion. Took it to the line and tried to grubber for himself and the other time had a huge overlap and threw a pass which hit the ball runner on the shoulder. Good halves don't make those mistakes, or more importantly fail to constantly make an impact with those opportunities.

Farah deserves to stay but I thought he was reasonably poor tonight. Had a bad last 10 minutes going for hero plays that didn't come off but just his general dummy half work was off a bit tonight. Thought he ran at really strange times and just seemed to stunt the blues go forward more than helping it.

Last year lose series by a field goal - Drop Carney.
This year lose by a conversion drop Pearce?

I just went to Buzz's blog and asked how Jarrod Mullen gets one chance yet Pearce has been given over 10. It's good to be a son of a NSW SOO hero.

Pearce was pathetic and should never be picked again.

Pearce Off 1

Pearce Off 2

Pearce Off 3

Attachments

• Pearceoff1.jpg
    Pearceoff1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Pearceoff2.jpg
    Pearceoff2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Pearceoff3.jpg
    Pearceoff3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 31
Sometimes its unfair to knock a half behind a beaten pack but the way Fifita & Choc played, paving a platform, the excuse bin is closed.
There were several key moments that showed he is simply not up to SOO, the standout when he had a 4 on 2 overlap to the right & elected to grubber for himself. The worst part was the fact his kick did not break the Qld line to the ingoal & though on my 12th Wild Turkey at the time, I think Qld scooped up the ball & turned that NSW momentum around getting out of trouble, with Reynolds or Carney that was 4-6 points to NSW.

Remember a few years ago (2009 or 2010 I think) when the rumour was going around that Pearce was seeking a release from Easts to join Manly? What a bullet we dodged there.

Don't get all the Maloney hate, I thought he had a solid series. Pearce was the weak link, Maloney did enough to prove he belonged. Wouldn't mind seeing Carney at half with Maloney staying on at 5/8th. Obviously you'd like a player with a bit more mental toughness than Farrah playing dummy half but there just isn't anyone else there at the moment.

Impressed with Dugan, he's done well since being rushed into the team. I know it'll never happen but I'd like to see him & Hayne on the wings with Snake at fullback.

Choc showed again why he should be starting at lock every game for NSW. Does the roving forward role better than Gallen (& that's no slight on Gal) & offers do much in both attack & defense. He just looked like he cared more about that game than anyone else in the stadium. Absolute champion.

MK Eagle said:
Sometimes its unfair to knock a half behind a beaten pack but the way Fifita & Choc played, paving a platform, the excuse bin is closed.
There were several key moments that showed he is simply not up to SOO, the standout when he had a 4 on 2 overlap to the right & elected to grubber for himself. The worst part was the fact his kick did not break the Qld line to the ingoal & though on my 12th Wild Turkey JIM BEAM at the time, I think Qld scooped up the ball & turned that NSW momentum around getting out of trouble, with Reynolds or Carney that was 4-6 points to NSW.

Sponsor alert!!

CAMBO said:
Pearce wasn't on his own. How many chances is Jennings gonna get in origin. At least the Morris brothers and Dugan stood up tonight. Jennings was butterfingers.

I'm not going to bag Daley he did a good job but I don't understand why he like Ricky before him start choc from the bench. He's as good as bird.

I think you're being harsh on Jennings. He did spill the pill a couple of times but they were tough balls to take with the attention he was receiving each time. I think he did enough to hold on to his spot.

Pearce should never have been picked and proved it last night. The ball he spilled in the opening minutes of the game was a telling moment. Worse than that his last tackle options were awful, and terribly executed. This meant very few repeat sets on their line and an absence of sustained pressure. Why else was he there? I'd stick with the team sans Pearce. Reynolds is the obvious replacement.

The modern incarnation of Craig Field

Just like Craig Field was destined never to win a premiership, Mitchell Pierce will never win an origin series.

Surely after 8 series losses the NSWRL and media should be up in arms crying that origin is dead and letting NSW recruit players from all over the world. Isn't that what happened after 2004. **** me this is bulls**t. Queensland killed the origin concept when they resorted to cheating back then picking players from NSW to Kazahkstan while everyone took pity on them. Origin is garbage and doesn't rate in my book anywhere near winning the NRL grand final. It doesn't even rate anywhere near manly winning a competition round game. They can gloat all they want with their garbage headlines up here it just papers over the cracks in their 3 s***house NRL teams.

mickqld said:
Surely after 8 series losses the NSWRL and media should be up in arms crying that origin is dead and letting NSW recruit players from all over the world. Isn't that what happened after 2004. f**k me this is bulls**t. Queensland killed the origin concept when they resorted to cheating back then picking players from NSW to Kazahkstan while everyone took pity on them. Origin is garbage and doesn't rate in my book anywhere near winning the NRL grand final. It doesn't even rate anywhere near manly winning a competition round game. They can gloat all they want with their garbage headlines up here it just papers over the cracks in their 3 s***house NRL teams.

waaaah, waaaaaaah!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4