Mobile App

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

After using the latest iteration of the mobile app I am just not seeing enough traction with it. There are only a small few people using it and it leaves a fair bit to be desired, I am paying USD 20 for the app every month and at the moment I just am not seeing it as adding that in value to the site.

I'd gladly hear your thoughts for anyone that does use ut and want it but ultimately I think its better that we discontinue its use.

Dan

giphy.gif

Android format isn't for me.
Can only like or dislike posts and totally different to the web version.

I don't like it Dan.

It kept crashing last time I used it, it is Still crashing on both my iPad and iPhone.

Maybe that's why there is no use of it?

Bin it Dan. I have stopped using it. Crashes, limited functionality and trying to scroll through threads that have plenty of posts to get to the newest comments is impossible!

Liked it at first and saw there to be some potential but agree with the others above that there are some major limitations e.g. opening threads from page 1 instead of where you left off with no navigation in a thread either is the biggest one.

Can I ask a few just give it another quick try. There is a new pagination navigation in there which should make long threads more readable

Can I ask a few just give it another quick try. There is a new pagination navigation in there which should make long threads more readable
I'll keep it and keep trying it, that's no problem.
Or do you want me to re install it?
No drama either way.

I think that "pagination navigation" thing whatever you call it, is probably the best thing about the app. Well that and notifications. Besides that I rarely use it on my phone. I usually just access the site through a browser.

That's much better. I'll give it another go now.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10