Moments - The last 10 minutes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

danny-boy

Reserve Grader
These clowns do themselves no favours. There was absolutely no need for that penalty with 5 to go, there was no need for a penalty against Brown at the start of the second half, and there was no need for that penalty against Burbo getting slightly stuck in a tackle. Just let the game flow.

Last edited:

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You're right about the last 10 mins being nail-biting and it appeared Klein was doing everything he could to get a Storm win. Another example which hasn't been mentioned is Hoppa catching the ball in their in-goal area and scrambling to get the ball back into play, to avoid a line drop-out. I swear he got the ball over the line but of course Klein ruled he was tackled in the in-goal and we were forced to do a line drop-out. I was watching close by, but I stand to be corrected...

eaglebuzz

Bencher
You're right about the last 10 mins being nail-biting and it appeared Klein was doing everything he could to get a Storm win. Another example which hasn't been mentioned is Hoppa catching the ball in their in-goal area and scrambling to get the ball back into play, to avoid a line drop-out. I swear he got the ball over the line but of course Klein ruled he was tackled in the in-goal and we were forced to do a line drop-out. I was watching close by, but I stand to be corrected...
The tackle took him back into the in goal. That was a fair enough call

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The call on Lehi was a 50/50.
Reason being if a player is (on the ground), you are held soon as a hand touches you, yet he was on the ground and when first "touched" was into the field of play and it was the momentum of the tackle that pushed him back ingoal.
I was ok with it though, as find a few of these soft touch rules offer big grey area's like this.
The other officialling that last 15 or so minutes with forward passes, Storm playing the ball 2-3 metres off the mark, holding Manly players down for an eternity with hands all over the tackled player, offside especially deep inside the Manly territory where Storm players were making a tackle as the first reciever caught the ball and much more :whew:....these obvious rorts had me frothing and the NRL got lucky Manly showed resolve to overcome the filthy calls and make a stand as a team who really wanted the Win for themselves and the fans @:)

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
The Refs are mic'd up so they should have to inform the bunker of any penalty immediately. And while I'm at it, the six-again rule is utter bulls*#*. It's a free-for-all where refs now have the power to "manage" the game with almost impunity. We all want to see a free-flowing match but it's NRL, not WWE.
The 6 again is the worse rule change in the history of the game. I can’t believe there hasn’t been more opposition. Totally inconsistent and subjective / unnecessary. It has to go

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The 6 again is the worse rule change in the history of the game. I can’t believe there hasn’t been more opposition. Totally inconsistent and subjective / unnecessary. It has to go
There was a 6 again in that last minutes on the Manly line where Garrick made a tackle and seemed to get off too quickly, next second the "6 again" call and everyone was in shock....I think young Lehi copped a weird 1 like that too
I feel there would have been a Silvertails riot had we lost that game and only gutsy goal line defence saved us all 2 weeks of hell :punch:

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
If I recall, DCE has his hands all over the tackled player and Garrick pulled the leg of the tackled player as he was trying to get back into position

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Klein let Melbourne get away with slowing down the ruck all game but of course we were the ones who got penalised for it.

That last 10 minutes was him trying to even up the score so it would go into golden point, I reckon.

Good for the broadcasters & the betting agencies.

I’m so glad Manly were strong & held them out.
To be fair DCE got away with some play the ball interferences in the last few minutes ... I was yelling at him not to give away a professional foul penalty, but yes Storm as always got the rub of the green .... and a forward pass try to boot.

Eagle 1

First Grader
These clowns do themselves no favours. There was absolutely no need for that penalty with 5 to go, there was no need for a penalty against Brown at the start of the second half, and there was no need for that penalty against Burbo getting slightly stuck in a tackle. Just let the game flow.
Even Joey Johns commented on a six again that went against us, saying, "what was that for"

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
If I recall, DCE has his hands all over the tackled player and Garrick pulled the leg of the tackled player as he was trying to get back into position
Your 100% right, DCE was hands on in the tackle, but it paled in significance in comparison to majority of Storm tackles through that game in relation to time obstructing a play the ball....however like the Paulo high shot vs Brisbane, sometimes these type of actions allow the ref the latitude to blow that whistle in these big moments.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Speaking of Moments ...

Class is Manifested by Moments of Brilliance
Brett Stewarts pass 38 seconds into this Momentous clips is a Absolutely Phenomenal

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16