Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for the compliment KA. Look, my beef with Matai is about his defensive errors which lost us the corresponding game last year and don't seem to be going away. The game was won when the backs (minus Matai) did not rush out of the line but marked in a line the Tigers ball carrier. No panic. And truly, you're right, I'm not a great fan of Saint Monas. His game was ordinary, meaning, like most of his efforts last year and the year before. Charge downs shouldn't happen in a tight game like it was at those stages and I expect much better from a 240K a year player. Ballin was better than him as was Burns, plain and simple. Matai should be in PL to work, once more, on his defense. Some posters put Monas up there with the OX. Just how many games has the OX won for us as against St Monas? I have no agenda against Monas...yet. I do have one against Matai and his mate, Dunley.

monas has won more games than ox.

12 in 05 and half a dozen in 04, more than ox has won in the maroon and white

maybe you call it a vendetta

ROFL, Burns better last night than Monaghan, ROFL. That says it all really, a bloody woeful call. I would challenge you to even name 1 area of the game where Burns was better last night. You might try to say kicking game, due to the 2 charge downs, well, as you only see the negatives with certain players, i will jog your memory to the point where we scored a beautiful try off Monaghans boot, and it should have been 3 from it.

Thanx for admitting the vendetta on Matai, as it renders most of your thoughts of him irrelevant. Well it may or may not have cost us a game against the Tigers, do you recall the 1 point win v the Dogs at Brookie, when he smashed the Dogs player 1 on 1 with a massive overlap, saving the try, or the game v the Warriors last year, where he saved our arse about 6 times in an 18-8 win

Dunley, i have no problem with, we shouldnt see him again

Thats the thing with agendas, only 1 side is seen and continually portrayed

Monaghan was ordinary? some people will never be pleased. He set up pretty much all the tries.. His kicking was good and he organised the side well. His defence was great as usual. Burns kicks all went dead (which was the reason Monas was **** last time he was at half and got criticised). Defence was good but he did nothing in attack as usual.. just take his normal hit up.

A top game from Monas. When I found out he was playing at 7 I knew we were certainties to win that game.

Ballin also played a top game.

And I should add,

Sucko Matabele :) Joe Williams better pfffft ;)

All the media is saying that Monas had a superb game, but I don't agree. He did some very good things - that kick for Robbo, and generally steering the team around in tough conditions. But he did some crap things too - he kicked every bloody kick down Hodgson's throat! The guy next to me was yelling 'Ron Jeremy' every time he did that - coz it was straight down the throat!

Yes, if Orford doesn't play we need to rely on Burns and Ballin to do the kicking.

Monas' timing is out - his kicks are short floaters straight to the man. Burns and Ballin were finding grass.

He seems able to kick from dummy half. Not sure why his halfback kicking would be any different. Perhaps because he is selective when kicking from hooker. Instead of having to look every set for the best place he can't just pick and choose the best time.

practise would be my guess, in 05 he lead the league for finding grass and his long kicking was never a problem, it was always his short kicking that was ****e

monas has won more games than ox.

12 in 05 and half a dozen in 04, more than ox has won in the maroon and white

maybe you call it a vendetta

What are you saying Fluffy - who would your prefer at 1/2 back?
Monaghan or Orford?

what i am saying is monas has won more games for manly than orford has, is it that difficult to understand? I know monas has played twice the number of games but it doesnt stop it being a fact (something you seem to prefer to stay well clear of)

At half back i would prefer Orford, but that doesnt automatically mean i have to write rubbish lies about monas like some.

What did monas do to piss you off so much - oh ive got it, in his second year he took manly into the finals series - which is norths highest achievement for the last 50 years of their existance.

Are you serious Fluffy? That's like saying Dunley has won more games than Robbie Farrah. Who TF cares dude? It's a stat an imbecile would raise.

Monaghan could win 5,000,000 games in a team, and still be Orford's shadow.

Geez, there's 2 foot of rusted iron, and one foot of platinum...I'll have to go for the iron because it looks bigger. You have bedroom eyes Fluffy !

No ryan an inbecile (playing the man not the ball again) would raise a stat something like hmmmm monas lost us the last 13 - 15 straight games in 2005.

mata i can but cant be bothered, put simply all of 05 wasnt Witt/beaver/harris winning games in the halves.

I just don't get the aggro Fluffster and KE. Monas played good on Saturday, not exceptionally brilliant like you say. GOOD not brilliant. Monas kicking was good, not exceptional. Yes, he kicked to get a try for Robbo, but that's to be expected from a playmaker. His other kicks were all down the throat of there back two and this shouldn't be expected from a playmaker. Minichello will eat them up but Hodgson was hurt early in the game and was rat****. Unlike you two I refuse to deliver sainthood on one game alone.

No ryan an inbecile (playing the man not the ball again) would raise a stat something like hmmmm monas lost us the last 13 - 15 straight games in 2005.

mata i can but cant be bothered, put simply all of 05 wasnt Witt/beaver/harris winning games in the halves.

iii-rrrrrrrrr.....wrong. Monaghan NEVER lost us 13 from 15 - the team did Flufster. In fact, Monaghan was one of the BETTER players throghout that terrible period.

Also - playing the man I would consider as coming on here after a night on the grog, and a Manly loss, and directly outright abusing someone (which I felt the need to apologise for the night after). Ring any bells...Your a stickler for hashing up the past? :lol: :lol:

I KNOW your not an imbecile Fluffy, quite the contrary in fact IMO. I just think saying Monaghan has won more games for Manly because he has played more isn't anything to go by. If we are looking at apples vs. apples, you'd need to look at the number of games won per how many games played...and I think your stat would look very silly. Orford personally won at least 3 games off his own boot last year...(Bulldogs at Brooky), (Parra @ SCG), (Tigers @ Brooky - with Stewart help of coarse), and I'm pretty sure he kicked another one to win??? But not quite sure.

PS: If you took offence to that - I want to say it was more generalising than direct, and apologise.

DSM5 - i never said he went brilliant, what ive said is he isnt the hapless loser that many have painted him to be, i simply reply to the opposite level based on the of exageration in the original post.

Ryan - monas or the team never lost 13 from 15 - this is my big annoyance with this fabricated rubbish. they entire season saw 12 losses before the finals, the last 15 games we had 10 losses, however the quote from one poster whom you backed up was 13 straight losses to finish the season. Which was a piss poor exageration.

Orford is very obviously a better player, however his season last year did not warrent his paycheck and he only started playing some good consistant footy from the parra game.

Has Monaghs ever warranted his paycheck ?

Im not having a go at him, he had a solid game last week under more pressure than most, however you did mention Orford and his Paycheck.

I do recall Orford being in the discussions re Origen last year. Cant remember Monaghs in those discussions, so if we start talking paychecks $$ V consistent performance Monaghs is one of the most expensive players in the game!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2