Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, Harper made Keppie do that spear tackle & Turbo dislocate his shoulder & the ref ping us for Tuipulotu's non-high tackle & for other indiscretions that he didn't ping the Eels for.

Morgan.Harper.is.THEE.wurst.IVVUR.

<sarcasm off>

Hehehe.

I'm the first one to call out Harper's ****eness but statistically there have been many worse (including players currently in the team). He has a very slow play-the-ball (avg >4s), but apart from that, he misses an avg of 2.5 tackles a game, 1.9 ineffective tackles (mostly accounted for in two games against Raiders and Eels), makes 1.4 errors (almost all of which came in Bulldogs game), and gives away almost no penalties or 6 agains (with the exception of Eels game) - not the worst stats.

What the stats don't show is the negative effect on our defensive line from having a centre who doesn't snuff out attacking plays quickly enough, or the indecision created in team mates for not having confidence in his defensive capabilities.

The stats do show his ineffectiveness in the collision (poor post contact metres, and slow play the ball).

He's far from the worst, but still certainly one of the weak links.

Harper's not even close.

Sure he's no Jamie Lyon but I've got no issue with him.

Would I have him in a full strength side ? No. I'd have Koula and Parker in the centres. But trying to make out he's the worst ever is a massive stretch.

Gee you people are harsh. His defence last night was pretty damn good, he did some good things in attack. He did some dumb things BUT the DUMBEST thing that cost us was when we had the Eels on the rack... Keppie comes on for his very first involvement and gets pinged for offside. That cost us MASSIVELY and the Eeels went down and scored. If not for that penalty - the Eels are going nowhere - we get the ball back and we are back hammering their line. Keppie does at least one dumb thing every week without fail. Tonight it was two super dumb things. The tackle though was one that just went wrong... being offside in your first play is simply mindblowing when the ref is back on the ten and all you have to do is get back in line with .the ref.....pretty damn easy to do when you just ran onto the field. I still wouldn't think either Harper or Keppie are in our top maybe 50 worst ever players. Both do dumb arse things - both have some upside and are not completely useless... Keppie probably less. But Harper is only holding the fort until Parker gets back.
How many times were scumatta offside and didn't get penalised.

He should have had better control of the ball when it was deemed to be dropped, even if he didn't drop it he held it in one hand and that's asking for trouble either way.
If he only had caught that forward pass from Paulo he would have been hailed a hero
thought the parra player should of been penalised for not clearing the ruck, he went directly over Harper so as to get position as marker when the ball was played.

Harper late tackle on Penisini with 7.45 to go I’m talking about. Inexcusable at that point of the game.
It wasn't late, he tackled him as he kicked it. Even Brandy said that in commentary at the time. Line ball at worst.

thought the parra player should of been penalised for not clearing the ruck, he went directly over Harper so as to get position as marker when the ball was played.
I just re-watched it, of course there were plenty of times the Eels should have been pinged. 80 minutes of hectic action and not one ruck infringement, not one off-side, not one too long on the tackle player,etc etc, how perfect were they! The only penalties we got were when the bunker overruled the ref.

Just one example, Jake dives on a loose ball near halfway (final 6 or 8 minutes or so) N Brown collects him in the head as he dives on him. As everyone knows, Jake never stays down but he was clearly stunned for a moment, got up slowly to play the ball then stayed on his haunches for a moment. Could easily have been a penalty if Cummins hadn't already decided the Eels were perfection personified.

We need to be a competent well drilled NRL side that has Turbo lurking for opportunity, not a side that barely ( can't) copes without him or with him playing injured.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6