Most Hated teams....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie Brawler said:
It seems fans of other teams can hate Manly more than any other team for generations because they bought some good players (who did not break any contracts at the time) and some don't even know their own reasons.

In contrast, many on here seem to find a deeper hate for a different team every year.

I agree with many that the roosters got ridiculous amount of bad calls go their way in the GF which probably was enough to change the result in their favour.

I also agree that the Souths pride of the league bs is sickening as is the consistent "rub of the green" they got from the ref's this season in particular, which will no doubt continue until they at least get to a GF.

But this is not enough to overide my absolute hatred for the cheating purple scum after what they did the game by ruining the integrity of the premiership and the grand final, not to mention what they did to Manly (financially) given we were directly cheated out of 200K in minor premiership prizemoney. If someone from that organisation had ever showed some regret or remorse I might feel differently but all we have heard rom them is "we didn't do anything wrong", everyone else is doing the same thing", "it's not fair having to play for no points" and "we still know we won those grand finals".

While Smith, Slater, Cronk and Bellamy are still there they will probably keep my most hated tag.

2012 was tricky as the dogs have always had so much to hate and without Des there after his tactically getting himself fired from Manly trick, they would never have got near a GF so I honestly couldn't stomach either grand finalist and couldn't watch it.

Different teams will b more hated from year to year but cheating purple scum are number one for mine.

I do think the arrogance coming out of the Storm after the Salary cap rorts was very hard to take. The whole 'poor us' mentality was very hard to swallow. If they had've shown some kind of remorse I think the rugby league community in general would have been a lot more sympathetic.

[/quote]

I do think the arrogance coming out of the Storm after the Salary cap rorts was very hard to take. The whole 'poor us' mentality was very hard to swallow. If they had've shown some kind of remorse I think the rugby league community in general would have been a lot more sympathetic.
[/quote]

not so much the 'poor us' mentality but the 'we still believe we have won all those titles/premierships etc'. as you say, until they start to show some sort of remorse they deserve being despised.

1. The Scumdogs.........Bomb throwing kebab munching supporters and the event of 2011 mean they will probably top the list as long as I'm still breathing.

2. Wusties Wabbits.......sick of the sight of these Koalas. Has anyone not had a gutful of that "pride of the league" crap ?

3. Slime........because that's just how life is. 27 years and counting.

But I don't really like any other side either. These 3 just top my list.

1. Souths

Why? It dates back to the days on Aaron Markie's OneEyedEagle forum during the last year of the Northern Eagles when Manly stood on it's own but had to be called the Northern Eagles. There was a Souths supporter poster on there called Cassie who used to continuously vitriolically bag Manly and blame them for the death of the Bears. That was enough for me and I have hated them ever since.

2. Dogs

Why? Greenturd mainly (even though he is no longer a part of them). His underhanded techniques to get Des etc and his cover up of Barba's antics and now his work with as an official with the NRL, fines Toovs for telling the truth (there needs to be an investigation incident) yet doesn't fine others for saying a lot worse not long after.

3. Storm

Why? A number of reasons. To name a few, the 2007 Grand Final with Smith's grinning comments after the game about Brett being knocked out. Slater for his sliding in with the boots to prevent tries. Slater with his Kung-Fu kicks to prevent himself from being tackled when he catches the ball. They are proven cheats and are unable to admit to it. Also, similar to what Brookie Brawler wrote, whilst Smith, Slater, Cronk and Bellamy are still there, I will always despise them.

North Queensland - Bunch of whinging sooks that look for any other reason for their clubs lack of success, rather than accept that the one-man team just aren't that good.

Brisbane - Fickle supporters that refuse to believe the leg-up they enjoy. Started SL rolling and killed the momentum of the 1995 expansion that would have seen League well and truly dominate the AFL by this time.

Gold Coast - Came up with a bid plan that replicated the area; all shiny and modern on the outside, full of no-hopers and shifty cons. Unravelled spectacularly once the gloss wore off and their attention-deficit fans have walked from Skilled, effectively handing the Titans 24 away games a year.

Newcastle - Stupid club and fans that were saved by two blokes from selling themselves like cheap whores, to Tinkler and likely oblivion.

Roosters - One good season and the press they enjoyed is like nothing we've enjoyed after almost of decade of sustained success, on a far more modest budget (and less influence on Ch9).

Souths - Lazy, unfocused club that failed to make the most of their return to the League and thought past histories alone deserved them a place.

Dragons - A 'V'irus that infected the Illawarra area and soon saw a true League area paid lip-service at the highest level, with even the NRL all-but treating them as the same pre-1999 entity, while resetting past histories of other JVs.

Cronulla - Benefitted from rash decision to add them in '67 despite their proximity to the Dragons, proven with an empty trophy cabinet and a genuine sense that they are the only Sydney club without a soul.

Canterbury - Run their club like some criminal syndicate, and attract the players to boot. Cover-ups and corruption dominate their last couple of decades and their fans fit the profile for such an entity.

Parramatta - Ding Dong, the witch is back!!! More wooden spoons from a club that has failed to work out the need for a front office to let a football club just do it's job. Rabble, despite one of the best junior areas in the country.

Penrith - Gould may be able to de-Parra the place and let the football side get on with it, but the lack of interest by their fans would suggest that unless they win a premiership, crowd numbers will still remain the lowest in Sydney. Disgusting numbers for such a strong junior league.

Wests Tigers - Glamour club that fluked one premiership then proceeded to fail again and again, despite the media's attempts to talk up chances again and again. What did you expect from smashing together two clubs with limited success in the modern era.

Canberra - A soul-less city full of soul-less public servants and professional welfare dependents, creates a soul-less football club that has failed when left to fend without some of Queensland's best footballers. Nepotism ingrained and players lining up to leave once there is interest elsewhere. Pathetic.

Melbourne - A blemish on League that nobody wants to talk about, despite the significant rorting that ruined two seasons and the chance of many clubs over a five year period. That the NRL handed off responsibility to find scapegoats speaks volumes of the cover run to keep them going, when any other club would have been hung out to dry.

New Zealand - It's not healthy to hate on everything, so it's at this point that I cede to a genuine 'like' of the Warriors. It may not win them many premierships, but their style is a joy to watch and they really are treating their role as League's flagship for NZ seriously. If we don't win it, I hope these guys do.

Hamster Huey said:
North Queensland - Bunch of whinging sooks that look for any other reason for their clubs lack of success, rather than accept that the one-man team just aren't that good.

Brisbane - Fickle supporters that refuse to believe the leg-up they enjoy. Started SL rolling and killed the momentum of the 1995 expansion that would have seen League well and truly dominate the AFL by this time.

Gold Coast - Came up with a bid plan that replicated the area; all shiny and modern on the outside, full of no-hopers and shifty cons. Unravelled spectacularly once the gloss wore off and their attention-deficit fans have walked from Skilled, effectively handing the Titans 24 away games a year.

Newcastle - Stupid club and fans that were saved by two blokes from selling themselves like cheap whores, to Tinkler and likely oblivion.

Roosters - One good season and the press they enjoyed is like nothing we've enjoyed after almost of decade of sustained success, on a far more modest budget (and less influence on Ch9).

Souths - Lazy, unfocused club that failed to make the most of their return to the League and thought past histories alone deserved them a place.

Dragons - A 'V'irus that infected the Illawarra area and soon saw a true League area paid lip-service at the highest level, with even the NRL all-but treating them as the same pre-1999 entity, while resetting past histories of other JVs.

Cronulla - Benefitted from rash decision to add them in '67 despite their proximity to the Dragons, proven with an empty trophy cabinet and a genuine sense that they are the only Sydney club without a soul.

Canterbury - Run their club like some criminal syndicate, and attract the players to boot. Cover-ups and corruption dominate their last couple of decades and their fans fit the profile for such an entity.

Parramatta - Ding Dong, the witch is back!!! More wooden spoons from a club that has failed to work out the need for a front office to let a football club just do it's job. Rabble, despite one of the best junior areas in the country.

Penrith - Gould may be able to de-Parra the place and let the football side get on with it, but the lack of interest by their fans would suggest that unless they win a premiership, crowd numbers will still remain the lowest in Sydney. Disgusting numbers for such a strong junior league.

Wests Tigers - Glamour club that fluked one premiership then proceeded to fail again and again, despite the media's attempts to talk up chances again and again. What did you expect from smashing together two clubs with limited success in the modern era.

Canberra - A soul-less city full of soul-less public servants and professional welfare dependents, creates a soul-less football club that has failed when left to fend without some of Queensland's best footballers. Nepotism ingrained and players lining up to leave once there is interest elsewhere. Pathetic.

Melbourne - A blemish on League that nobody wants to talk about, despite the significant rorting that ruined two seasons and the chance of many clubs over a five year period. That the NRL handed off responsibility to find scapegoats speaks volumes of the cover run to keep them going, when any other club would have been hung out to dry.

New Zealand - It's not healthy to hate on everything, so it's at this point that I cede to a genuine 'like' of the Warriors. It may not win them many premierships, but their style is a joy to watch and they really are treating their role as League's flagship for NZ seriously. If we don't win it, I hope these guys do.

Probably the most sense filled post I have read in a while.

Jethro said:
1. Souths

Why? It dates back to the days on Aaron Markie's OneEyedEagle forum during the last year of the Northern Eagles when Manly stood on it's own but had to be called the Northern Eagles. There was a Souths supporter poster on there called Cassie who used to continuously vitriolically bag Manly and blame them for the death of the Bears. That was enough for me and I have hated them ever since.

2. Dogs

Why? Greenturd mainly (even though he is no longer a part of them). His underhanded techniques to get Des etc and his cover up of Barba's antics and now his work with as an official with the NRL, fines Toovs for telling the truth (there needs to be an investigation incident) yet doesn't fine others for saying a lot worse not long after.

3. Storm

Why? A number of reasons. To name a few, the 2007 Grand Final with Smith's grinning comments after the game about Brett being knocked out. Slater for his sliding in with the boots to prevent tries. Slater with his Kung-Fu kicks to prevent himself from being tackled when he catches the ball. They are proven cheats and are unable to admit to it. Also, similar to what Brookie Brawler wrote, whilst Smith, Slater, Cronk and Bellamy are still there, I will always despise them.

Well said Jethro and I can't stand St George either. When my son was six years old we were at Kogarah and he went up to buy a pie and returned with it all over him. He told me a man said "Manly supporter cop thar". I called out for the coward to front me but of course he wasn't game. Hated them ever since.

TWO DOGS said:
Jethro said:
1. Souths

2. Dogs

3. Storm

Well said Jethro and I can't stand St George either. When my son was six years old we were at Kogarah and he went up to buy a pie and returned with it all over him. He told me a man said "Manly supporter cop thar". I called out for the coward to front me but of course he wasn't game. Hated them ever since.

I would have hit you with a pie for letting your 6 year old go and get a pie on his own. My boys are 10 and 12 and they stay with me when we're at the footy. Too many idiots around these days. I don't trust anyone to do the right thing anymore. Common sense, chivalry and good manners are becoming a thing of the past sadly.

Me hitting you with a pie would prove that. LOL

I would be astonished if any 6 year old was hit by a pie at Brookvale. I have been going to Brookvale forever, and I've never seen kids mistreated. adults perhaps, but kids? never. I would suggest however, that anyone buying a pie at any football field needs to take a good look at themselves.

Souths because they're arrogant and still blame Manly for their troubles, Bulldogs because they contain the grubbiest fans and players in the NRL and Melbourne, which really doesn't need explaining.

Jethro said:
1. Souths

2. Dogs

3. Storm

Bless you Jethro :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8