Most memorable Manly game in your lifetime

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
too many games to recall, but ones that stick out in my mind is the 52-20 win against Saints at SCG in 1986...being a young lad just 14 and seeing these guys on the most amazing ground ever. It was an unexpected smashing and Saints got a couple of tries at the very end to make the score respectable.

Another is losing to Souths in 84 final i think...leading something like 18-2 at half time...in total control...then.... :(

I thought you could buy any old games on DVD through the MWSE website, don't they do that anymore ?

Besides the Grand Finals, two really stick out for me:

(Sorry if these have already been mentioned)

1. 1995, Round 10, v Canberra @ Bruce Stadium (Won 16-8), and
2. 2011, Round 2, v Sydney Roosters @ The SFS (Won 27-16).

Just both great, heroic games, will worth tracking down on DVD or tape if you have the means.

And both away games, funnily enough.

Oh well.

Does anyone remember a game against the Broncos at the SFS in the late 80s or early 90s (I think) where Geoff Toovey got flattened by Gene Miles and I was sure he wouldn't get up. At the time I thought he was dead. They carried Tooves off. He returned later in the game to return the favour and flatten Miles or one of their other forwards. I was there and remember this incident well but not the actual game. Did we win?

Chip and Chase said:
I thought you could buy any old games on DVD through the MWSE website, don't they do that anymore ?
Don't know mate, but the following link might help you:

http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/OrderDvd.aspx

Cheers,
Pat.

Boozo said:
Does anyone remember a game against the Broncos at the SFS in the late 80s or early 90s (I think) where Geoff Toovey got flattened by Gene Miles and I was sure he wouldn't get up. At the time I thought he was dead. They carried Tooves off. He returned later in the game to return the favour and flatten Miles or one of their other forwards. I was there and remember this incident well but not the actual game. Did we win?
It's probably September 8, 1990.

No, we got beat, if this is the game you're referring to:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NSWRL_1990/Minor_Semi/Brisbane-vs-Manly_Warringah/summary.html

patorick2010 said:
Chip and Chase said:
Don't know mate, but the following link might help you:

http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/OrderDvd.aspx

Cheers,
Pat.

Boozo said:
It's probably September 8, 1990.

No, we got beat, if this is the game you're referring to:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NSWRL_1990/Minor_Semi/Brisbane-vs-Manly_Warringah/summary.html

Thanks Patorick2010.I appreciate it. That seems right especially the bit about Harrigan flogging us 14-6 in the penalties.Typical, still can't cop that bloke. Losing was probably why I remember the Toovey incident but not the game.

Beafa - i remember that game. One of Cliffy's best ever. The Saturday arvo game on the ABC were the best. Thanks for posting this game - great memories. I recall some of my mates were at this game and were copping it all day, as we had lost the lower grades. Cliffy's magic soon put a halt to that.

Cheers.

First time at Brookie.My dad took me and my brother to a Manly v Souths game in 1978.From memory the score was 30-5 loss by Manly.(Branighan try and Eadie goal for us).Remember it well because at dinner at the bistro at the club that night got to meet Wombat and Igor.Not much for some,but for a young kid from Orange to meet 2 of his heroes....unbelievable.

I think another that stands out,apart from 40-0,etc,was the game that has been mentioned here a bit.08 v slime at parra.That win proved to me that we would and could win that year.We had GUTS.The 13 that ran out for the 2nd half,were the 13 that played the 2nd half.They were like Custer's troops after the indians got hold of them,but they held on!!

bones said:
Manly 61 St George 0 from 1994 @ Brookie

Also the two years in a row (05 and 06) Vs Penrith at Brookie where Manly were behind by around 20 points in the second half and came back to win, on the back of BK, both times.

The thrashing of the Balmain Tigers in the top of the table clash at Brookie in 1987.

Those Penrith games were my favourites. I went to both and the atmosphere afterwards was electric, absolutely incredible. Monaghan was woeful in the first half of both games, I remember he went to pass the ball and dropped the ball in the first five minutes of one of them but I thought he was the reason it turned around in the second half. I think one or both were record comeback.

The other memorable one was away to St George in 05 or 06. We were 20 up with 20 to go and I left the pub to go to work and when I got there I told everyone we'd won and how ****ed they were in the tipping comp, then they helpfully pointed out that we'd lost and Manly suck balls.

Cletus said:
bones said:
Manly 61 St George 0 from 1994 @ Brookie

Also the two years in a row (05 and 06) Vs Penrith at Brookie where Manly were behind by around 20 points in the second half and came back to win, on the back of BK, both times.

The thrashing of the Balmain Tigers in the top of the table clash at Brookie in 1987.

Those Penrith games were my favourites. I went to both and the atmosphere afterwards was electric, absolutely incredible. Monaghan was woeful in the first half of both games, I remember he went to pass the ball and dropped the ball in the first five minutes of one of them but I thought he was the reason it turned around in the second half. I think one or both were record comeback.

The other memorable one was away to St George in 05 or 06. We were 20 up with 20 to go and I left the pub to go to work and when I got there I told everyone we'd won and how f***ed they were in the tipping comp, then they helpfully pointed out that we'd lost and Manly suck balls.

Rd 25, 2004.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2004/Round_25/St_George_Illawarra-vs-Manly_Warringah/summary.html

:(

bones said:

2006 was amazing! 26-6 down at half time. Terry Hill and BK were inspiring. If I remember, Witt scored a brilliant try..

bones said:
brookie for ever said:
TERRY HILL TRY AGANIST BRISBANE TO WIN GAME LATE 90S
REMEMBER IT EVERY DAY LOVE TO GET A COPY
I think that game finished in a draw.

It did. Actually I watched the highlights on YouTube only a couple of months ago. Have a quick search for it if you like. It was reeves who slotted the sideline conversation

Chip and Chase said:
Memorable for another reason was a game we played against raiders at brookie first season back after the beagles disaster. They had a player sent off and still managed to pump us by 50. That wasn't a nice feeling that day as I realized our team was truly sh!thouse and we might never return to the glory days. We've come a long way in 10 years from those dismal days. Never want to have that feeling again.

I was also there that afternoon mate. 2003 or 4. It got embarrassing towards the end. We also got done by Penrith around that time. They put 70 on us that night. It doesnt seem that long ago..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4