MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 26: Sharks v Sea Eagles 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JSL didn't think he was up to 1st grade standard. Now convinced
Horo great all round display even though he was offside for the intercept
Hodges gutsy display they ran at him all day and only noticed a couple of misses

Ironic Quote of the year by Chris Heighington on ABC Grandstand after the game,"THEY MADE THE GAME REAL UGLY TODAY",that'll do me
Yeah Flanagan said the same thing in his press conference maybe the drugs they take down there is causing them to live in an alternate reality

Think today showed Lyon needs to be 5/8 (so Hiku can play centre - much more effective there)
JSL - all heart. Hope he stays.
Hodges... more maligned than he deserves!

Hodges made a Ballin-like 46 tackles today. Not a bad effort really. But where was his running game? I can't remember him running from dummy half all game.

After today, if anyone here still thinks that Snake is the quickest player at the club......call me, the NSW Government have authorised me to sell both the Anzac and Harbour bridges. Never looked like catching Holmes, in fact he lost ground. Luckily though Holmes had already knocked on.

I don't want to bag Snake because his defence was again first class today, but according to the NRL stats page he made only 4 runs all game.....for a grand total of 8 metres. Is that a record low for a fullback?

Voting for Rd 26, and the year, closed.

3 Horo
2 JSL
1 Jake T

So it's official, Jake Trbojevic is the 2015 Silvertails MVP. He won it pretty comfortably in the end from Brett Stewart with Daly Cherry-Evans third.

Thanks everyone for supporting this with your votes through the year and a big thanks to @Dan for integrating the voting into the site this year. It worked really well.

Cheers

On the injured list with an AC problem (shoulder). He's been good since his return, less sideways running and more direct.

one of our players not to finish the Penrith game in Penrith when they came home on the back of 5 penalties in the last 30 minutes.

JSL was back at work that night though still happily chatting to Manly fans. The guy is as nice as Matty B, top bloke

Voting for Rd 26, and the year, closed.

3 Horo
2 JSL
1 Jake T

So it's official, Jake Trbojevic is the 2015 Silvertails MVP. He won it pretty comfortably in the end from Brett Stewart with Daly Cherry-Evans third.

Thanks everyone for supporting this with your votes through the year and a big thanks to @Dan for integrating the voting into the site this year. It worked really well.

Cheers

And a big thanks to @mosto for running it, sorry I didn't vote more often but just couldn't bring myself to doing so when our boys didn't bother turning up!

Hodges made a Ballin-like 46 tackles today. Not a bad effort really. But where was his running game? I can't remember him running from dummy half all game.

After today, if anyone here still thinks that Snake is the quickest player at the club......call me, the NSW Government have authorised me to sell both the Anzac and Harbour bridges. Never looked like catching Holmes, in fact he lost ground. Luckily though Holmes had already knocked on.

I don't want to bag Snake because his defence was again first class today, but according to the NRL stats page he made only 4 runs all game.....for a grand total of 8 metres. Is that a record low for a fullback?
We all know Snake is not as quick as he used to be (post two serious knee injuries), not to mention he is 30 years old. Holmes is ten years his junior, and very quick.

I can't recall Snake ever being run down from behind; he seems to always make the line when given an opportunity.

We all know Snake is not as quick as he used to be (post two serious knee injuries), not to mention he is 30 years old. Holmes is ten years his junior, and very quick.

I can't recall Snake ever being run down from behind; he seems to always make the line when given an opportunity.

My post was more in response to someone on here who has been going on in the past few weeks that Snake is still easily the fastest player at the club despite obvious on-field evidence to the contrary. He used to be, no doubt. Watch the highlights of us vs Cronulla in 2004 when Snake scored his 2nd, 3rd and 4th tries in first grade (his first 3 at Brookie). We had Scott Donald back then who was bloody quick and Snake was quicker still.

But his age, plus knee, hamstring and back injuries have slowed him down unfortunately. Even the clubs website says as much in its player profile "The once lightning-quick fullback has redefined his game, now proving dynamic with ball in hand".

Agreed though that when he is in full flight Snake still rarely gets run down from behind. They might make ground on him, but he usually gets to the line first or is able to pop a pass to someone in support. And he's still the best support player at the club and one of the best in the game.

My post was more in response to someone on here who has been going on in the past few weeks that Snake is still easily the fastest player at the club despite obvious on-field evidence to the contrary. He used to be, no doubt. Watch the highlights of us vs Cronulla in 2004 when Snake scored his 2nd, 3rd and 4th tries in first grade (his first 3 at Brookie). We had Scott Donald back then who was bloody quick and Snake was quicker still.

But his age, plus knee, hamstring and back injuries have slowed him down unfortunately. Even the clubs website says as much in its player profile "The once lightning-quick fullback has redefined his game, now proving dynamic with ball in hand".

Agreed though that when he is in full flight Snake still rarely gets run down from behind. They might make ground on him, but he usually gets to the line first or is able to pop a pass to someone in support. And he's still the best support player at the club and one of the best in the game.
yeah, I think Tom T is the quickest of the FG players, followed by Snake. The guy he was chasing the other day is lightening which made Snake look slower.

I wouldn't say Valentine Holmes is lightning. He's quick, but the Snake of 2004-2008 would have eaten him for dinner on that chase.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4