MWSE Squad Contract Status & Top 30 List

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Updated the list with the most recent info I have. If anyone can provide a source on the future of Bainbridge, Joey Lussick, Schuster and Tanginoa it would be appreciated. They are the only ones that I don't know beyond 2017 at this stage.

Also let me know if there are any other signings that I may have missed - preferably with some sort of confirmation I can link.

It's a great thread C&C thanks, although I think you've put all their names back to front.

14 players off contract end of 18.
Another clean out.
Hopefully accompanied by some decent purchases.

1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Dylan Walker
  4. Brian Kelly
  5. Akuila Uate
  6. Lachlan Croker
  7. Daley Cherry-Evans
  8. Martin Taupau
  9. Api Koroisau
  10. Darcy Lussick
  11. Curtis Sironen
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Addin Fonua-Blake
  15. Lloyd Perrett
  16. Frank Winterstein
  17. Lewis Brown
  18. Jade Anderson
  19. Tevita Funa
  20. Tom Wright
  21. Brad Parker
  22. Jono Wright
  23. Matt Wright
  24. Jackson Hastings
  25. Toafofoa Sipley
  26. Joey Lussick
  27. Kelepi Tanginoa
  28. Shaun Lane
  29. Jack Gosiewski
  30. Taniela Paseka
  31. Haumole Olakauatu
  32. Manase Fainu
  33. Tekina Vailea
  34. Tom Amone
  35. John Folou
  36. Vai Toutai
  37. Jacob Loko

Disappointingly some of the links to signing news on the MWSE website have expired and are no longer valid - so I've tried to find some other links where possible to confirm contracts

The clubs are bound to follow the lead of the main NRL site in terms of format etc from what I was led to believe. The NRL website is next to useless these days, just full of short video grabs and instagram crap - they must post 50 inane fluffy bits of "content" a day - they must be of the opinion their target market have ADHD. You used to be able to get stats, team lists, injury updates, judiciary charges with a minimum of effort - now it is like a twitter feed

The MWSE webpage is equally as farked these days because they have to follow suite.

To clear things up this is how it works.

The club selects a top 30 roster with the minimum wage being 100k.They then select 5 development players who earn a maximum 60k a year.

The club must submit 29 names initially before March with the final one to be submitted no later than June. Due to salary cap problem we have been allowed to only submit 28 at this stage.

For a development player outside the top 30 to play we must show to the salary cap auditor that we have no one able to play in that position.

So basically to fill our final two spots we need to
1. Buy two new players from outside the club with money left under the cap as of today.
2. Promote development players if we can prove we have no one to play that position.
3. Upgrade the contract of any player within the club to NRL status with a 100k minimum contract while staying under the cap.

Finally guys who have left the club like Lussick and Myles remain as being counted in our top 30 as they are being paid( in Lussick case he has been paid enough before he left to still be counted )

Hope that helps

Mostly correct.

Minimum wage is 70k for players 30-26 of the roster and 100k for players 25-1.

There are actually 6 development players on 60k.

Therefore it’s only 10k to upgrade a development player. And it isn’t compulsory to then fill that development position.

We have the $ after releasing Lussick to make external purchases at around 100k (which given we are half way through the season is equivalent to a 200k player) so unless you are convinced a development player is streets ahead of what is available then there isn’t a great reason to upgrade.

We have been negotiating we 2 external players, although now given the injury issues and the fact that a player getting released from their current club and then registered takes time we may deviate from that plan.

When does the 2019 first grade squad get announced?

See below for key dates

Each team must confirm a top 24 roster for 2019 with the NRL as of November 1, the start of rugby league's financial calendar.

29 players to be signed on when the playing season starts in the first week of March.

Clubs then have up until the traditional June 30 deadline to sign a final player to fill their top 30 squad, with between three and six players also retained on development contracts.

Whilst it is good to know this info, it is of little value as the clubs don't publish the squad details anyway. So it remains a guessing game for the average fan. They (the NRL) were talking about making the process more transparent and making clubs publish their squads. It would be good information to know, but whether it happens is another matter.

See below for key dates

Each team must confirm a top 24 roster for 2019 with the NRL as of November 1, the start of rugby league's financial calendar.

29 players to be signed on when the playing season starts in the first week of March.

Clubs then have up until the traditional June 30 deadline to sign a final player to fill their top 30 squad, with between three and six players also retained on development contracts.

Whilst it is good to know this info, it is of little value as the clubs don't publish the squad details anyway. So it remains a guessing game for the average fan. They (the NRL) were talking about making the process more transparent and making clubs publish their squads. It would be good information to know, but whether it happens is another matter.

If you revealed the first 24 on Nov 1, you would ruin all the good speculation that happens in the media and supporter forums. We'd have nothing to talk about over summer.

If anyone has any links to confirmed articles about contract extensions or new signings they would be appreciated. I'm thinking mainly of following as per top 29 squad published here

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/31/sea-eagles-squad-for-2019/

Api
Siro
Jetski
Suli
Croker
Paseka
Elliot
Garrick
Keppie

Obviously they will be all here next year, really trying to determine lengths of contracts to update status

If anyone has any links to confirmed articles about contract extensions or new signings they would be appreciated. I'm thinking mainly of following as per top 29 squad published here

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/31/sea-eagles-squad-for-2019/

Api
Siro
Jetski
Suli
Croker
Paseka
Elliot
Garrick
Keppie

Obviously they will be all here next year, really trying to determine lengths of contracts to update status
Suli - 2 years. Refer article today API/Siro

Still haven't managed to track down any confirmation on Jetski's contract other than seeing him listed as part of the squad next year. Has he only signed a one year extension ?

Have managed to tidy up some of the other unknowns, thanks mainly to some good updates on the MWSE website. Really the only other unknowns in terms of contract length are most of the development squad guys and the youngsters

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8