My JukeBox - A weekend hobby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We also bought a crap load of ****ty old Vinyl albums, looked for the crappiest we could find, and we are going to stick them to the sides for too.

Dan

byso link said:
Make sure the Vinal is anything by \"Prince\" and mission accomplished.

oh we found some dodgy dodgy stuff dont worry

This thread has to be leading to some of the worst song titles of all time (and yes, some of these made me laugh):

1. She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger

2. There Ain’t Enough Room in my Fruit of the Looms to Hold All My Lovin’ for You

3. Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth ‘Cause I’m Kissing You Goodbye

4. If I Can’t Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You

5. I’ve Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart

6. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I’d Be Out By Now

7. Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In Bed

8. Gave Her My Heart And a Diamond And She Clubbed Me With a Spade

9. If You Can’t Live Without Me, Why Aren’t You Dead Yet?

10. Mama Get The Hammer (There’s A Fly On Papa’s Head)

11. It’s Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night that Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long

12. I’m The Only Hell Mama Ever Raised

13. She Got The Gold Mine and I Got The Shaft

14. I Wouldn’t Take Her To a Dog Fight, Cause I’m Afraid She’d Win

15. They May Put Me In Prison But They Can’t Stop My Face From Breaking Out

16. Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts Of Life

17. I Just Fell In Something and I Sure Hope It’s Love

18. I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Like Having You Here

19. If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I’d Blow It All On You

20. C’mon Down off the Stove, Granny, You’re Too Old to Ride the Range

Kevin Bloody Wilson's christmas album together with a few of his greatest hit songs would be more appropriate

1  He Only Comes Once a Year   
2  Hey Santa Claus You ****     
3  Ho Ho ****ing Ho     
4  Kristmas on the Piss     
5  Santa's ****ing Roadies     
6  Santa's Stoned at Kristmas     
7  Just a Little Kristmas Blowjob     
8  I Gave Up Wanking
9  That ****in' Cat's Back
10 The Pubic Hair Song
11  Absolute **** Of A Day
12  Me Dick (Just Dialled Your Number)

Its up and running but not yet finished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LI3ffAwHYw

tookey link said:
Spy vs Spy - nice one.

Yeah only recently started listening to them, all due to the jukebox.

I was skeptical about the lights, it was something Leanne wanted, but I am so glad I put them in now, they looks great

Hey dan , long time no speak  :)  , what  software did  you end  up using  for the jukebox ?  are you happy with it ?

Im going with Touchjams. Its ok but doesnt suit all needs.

Speak to Zep he has written his own which is pretty good.

I wouldnt mind seeing pics of yours mate

yeah  I got  Touch Trax  but its  outdated  now and a  bit buggy , looking for another  option , once  its  finished  I  will  put some pics up
cheers :)

Yeah Touchjams is pretty good to be honest. E-touch is pretty good though it stumbles on some of my music

Just had a  look at yours on you tube Dan , Very  Nice  job you  did there
lights look  excellent even though you copped  crap  about them :)
would  be interested  , what  you used  and how you constructed it , if you can  find the time

Sure mate and cheers

Materials
1 x 16mm MDF sheet
1 x 12mm MDF sheet
2 x pine timber battens
PVA Glue
screws
right angle plastic moulding (For around the lights and screen
Castors (from ebay)

1 - p4 (thanks zep)
1 - Touch screen monitor 15" $340 brand new on ebay

Basically stood the MDF on its side and held the screen there fore the best angle

Drew out the basic shape I wanted and then cut it with a circular saw with a fine blade (snoweagle has a crap load of awesome tools)

I cut as I go but now I would do the following

once I had the shape and design I had, I would cut the MDF down the middle, the height of mine is the width of MDF plus Castors.

I would then clamp the 2 halves together and cut the sides in 1 go.

Measure the width you want, so mine is 510mm wide and 510 deep.

I then cut the base out and glued batton on all of the sides

Attache the bottom 2 the sides and you have a free standing part.

I cut the part for the lights and then used a jigsaw to cut the hole for the lights. Screwed it in place and this added stability. I then had a small kick plate area that I put in place and top section. Basically all of this is strong enough to old the whole thing together.

I sanded all of the edges to make them rounded too.

I built a shelf inside and secured it for the lights to rest on another for the external hardrive as well. I also have a bar that goes in the front that has a carved out "Beat Box" sign that is lit from behind by black lights.

The speaker part I simply cut out a big enough section of MDF 16mm and then used a jigsaw to cut out the middle. I painted it white and then stapled speaker grill cloth to it. This speaker cover then simply slides into space and is cut to be slightly smaller than the hole it goes into and the cloth pads it out to hold it in firmly.

Then simply cut out checker plate with an angle grinder and glued it in place.

Painted her up and threw a back on the thing.

I just picked up a new 150w per channel Hardan Kardan amp for $10 which is going in there and I will be putting car speakers in to go with it.

Not sure what else I missed and what you want to know but if you have specific questions let me know.

The lights all came from ebay including the 30cm cold cathode black lights that are powered from the PC.

Let me know happy to give any more details

I toyed  with the Idea of using a Car amp also , but was  unsure  wiring wise , do  you have  to use an inverter ? also  how did  you wire the lights up ? , I  used an old PC home theatre system I had lying around and just connected it to the PC Audio connection  it sounds  pretty  good , but my son keeps  telling me I  need more  grunt in  it    LOL

Car amp = PC power supply that outputs enough amps. basically splice all the yellow wires together, then splice all the black wires together, you then have 12v power, however you may not have enough amps from the power supply so you will only ever run at about 50% power from the amp.

The amp i bought is a home amp, powering at 150w per channel and 4ohms min per speaker. with an output of around 100Db more than enough !

I am going to buy probably and 8inch sub with 2 6 x 9's and that should be enough.

As for lights the black lights are cold cathode that power off of the computers power supply, simply plug and play molex

The disco lights are independent and plug into a power supply and are beat reactive. Looks complicated but was a self contained unit.

If you can get a decent home amp (go to local markets and your local rubbish dumps re-use centre) and you should get one cheap.
Then you can link that with decent speakers and more grunt

Also make sure you line and iosolate the incside of the box so you are now losing sound from it reflecting inwards and bouncing around. Either mount the speakers on MDF and put them just behind the speaker cloth with no way for them to reflect inwards or mount them on the outside like "Ears"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4