My take on the game and player rankings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
I thought Manly were just unlucky and Parra were just too good. I honestly think we can make the 8. Will get it right next week against the Bunnies. But overall i'm not that unhappy with the way we played. Uate was dangerous, Taufua's effort and speed were awesome, Sironen is solid with a good offload, Winterstein did nothing wrong, Walker tried his heart out.. I'm a bit sick of reading some fans unloading on the team after just 1 game. Boys all tried their hearts out imo.

BUT i do have my concerns..
Myles died after 5 mins and ran for 32 metres, Api can't pass and Green isn't our saviour!
I think we need some spark so would be keen to give Hastings a crack next week against the Bunnies.

Player rankings out of ten:

Turbo 6.5/10 (Got bullied and went missing at times)
Taufua 7.5/10 (Good speed and energy. Didn't drop any high balls)
Walker 7/10 (Solid but over played it a little)
Kelly 7.5/10 (Solid debut. Good tackler. Young but a tough young kid)
Uate 8/10 (Looked dangerous and made a few semi breaks)
Green 6/10 (Can't slide defend and didn't direct the attack)
DCE 6.5/10 (Again didn't do enough. But liked his approach with the refs)
Lawrennce 6/10 (Did nothing wrong but lacked impact
Api 6/10 (Can't pass!)
Taupau 7.5/10 (Terrible ball security! Really gave the Eels the momentum when he dropped those balls. Will prob get a week for blatant shoulder charge)
Jake 8.5/10 (Great commitment. Great defence. Super solid)
Sironen 8/10 (Great game. Great offload)
Winterstein 7/10 (Hard toiler and did nothing wrong. Solid defender)

AFB 8/10 (Good runs and no mistakes)
Myles 4/10 (Too old)
Brown 5/10 (Misguided aggression and no spark. Hastings or Cullen please!!!)
Perrett 6/10 (Good signing. Huge. Like him)

Anyway guys just pumped the season is back on. Keen to get your feedback on my ratings but keep it civil please.

Green will improve took loads of pressure off DCE, agree with Api needs to be replaced IMO, Cullen 1st choice, Hastings id also be happy with, just anyone really. Myles needs to be shipped to North Korea, needs some bloody toughening up he does

I thought Manly were just unlucky and Parra were just too good. I honestly think we can make the 8. Will get it right next week against the Bunnies. But overall i'm not that unhappy with the way we played. Uate was dangerous, Taufua's effort and speed were awesome, Sironen is solid with a good offload, Winterstein did nothing wrong, Walker tried his heart out.. I'm a bit sick of reading some fans unloading on the team after just 1 game. Boys all tried their hearts out imo.

BUT i do have my concerns..
Myles died after 5 mins and ran for 32 metres, Api can't pass and Green isn't our saviour!
I think we need some spark so would be keen to give Hastings a crack next week against the Bunnies.

Player rankings out of ten:

Turbo 6.5/10 (Got bullied and went missing at times)
Taufua 7.5/10 (Good speed and energy. Didn't drop any high balls)
Walker 7/10 (Solid but over played it a little)
Kelly 7.5/10 (Solid debut. Good tackler. Young but a tough young kid)
Uate 8/10 (Looked dangerous and made a few semi breaks)
Green 6/10 (Can't slide defend and didn't direct the attack)
DCE 6.5/10 (Again didn't do enough. But liked his approach with the refs)
Lawrennce 6/10 (Did nothing wrong but lacked impact
Api 6/10 (Can't pass!)
Taupau 7.5/10 (Terrible ball security! Really gave the Eels the momentum when he dropped those balls. Will prob get a week for blatant shoulder charge)
Jake 8.5/10 (Great commitment. Great defence. Super solid)
Sironen 8/10 (Great game. Great offload)
Winterstein 7/10 (Hard toiler and did nothing wrong. Solid defender)

AFB 8/10 (Good runs and no mistakes)
Myles 4/10 (Too old)
Brown 5/10 (Misguided aggression and no spark. Hastings or Cullen please!!!)
Perrett 6/10 (Good signing. Huge. Like him)

Anyway guys just pumped the season is back on. Keen to get your feedback on my ratings but keep it civil please.
Solid analysis dankseagles, well done. I enjoyed the read, keep it up @:):clap:

Thanks Pal. So pumped the footy is on. Turbo had a target on his back all day. Wish Manly bullied French the same way.
Yeah, and from memory, they did exactly the same thing to DCE in our last game against them last year. I remember defenders all over DCE all game and stifling him, which went a long way to them winning. I guess it worked well then, so they used the same approach today. We need to learn to expect that sort of ploy and have a counter-attack for it. I.E; if defenders are moving up early and looking to smother Tom, then hit a hard running back rower with a flat pass on a different line early in the game to place those defenders in two minds.

Well done @Dankseagles and, give or take half a point here and there, I mostly agree with your rankings. I certainly agree Myles is useless (hurry back Darcy!), as well as Brown, and the addition of Hastings and Cullen would help our attack.

Pink Hoops 12 : Blue Caps 20

The following views were confirmed by a fat Greek man hovering around the cold pie stand. However, he did have 6 pies in his mouth, so it is possible I may have misheard some of his replies.

With a new name for the Brookie Bog Bowl and a stunning new uniform design, optimism was high that this was the beginning of a new glorious era for the Pink Hoops. And when The Fastest Player On Earth stepped and muscled his way over the line early you could hear the trumpets heralding… However, players were obviously uncomfortable playing with any sense of discipline and ball control and decided that going back to the 2016 approach in these areas was a better way to proceed.

Do As I Think And Not As I Say, along with his fellow ref, 10 meters equals 2, played their part as perfect villains to help distract all from the shortcomings of the Meadow Lea x Rebel Without a Cause approach from the players.

Sleepy T never got out of bed, let alone, turn on the turbos today. Was chuffed with his front row tickets to the 40/20 kick show and later threw a perfectly-timed pass for the opposition to bat down and blow a certain try. 12 point turnaround in that 10 minute cameo. Provided a second half highlight tiptoeing along the dead ball line in his nightie to get himself back in the field, only to find out one of his slippers had touched the chalk and all was for nought.

Facial Brown showed his true value to the team, while also explaining that glowing youthful skin, 20 sports at each press conference.

I Would Walk 100 Myles would, because he certainly couldn’t run them. Pink Hoops fans just wish he would walk 100 miles in any direction and stay there. Credit though, for some very genuine heart-felt bonding with opposition players after the game. It takes guts to show your gentler feminine side in such a testosterone driven arena.

Killer Reincarnated showed why so many here were upset by his recruitment when he played a very decent game and refused to mire himself in the self-destructing bog. However, to his credit, he did make an effort to fit in and acted out a dropped ball very admirably in the second half.

The Fastest Player On Earth had a solid debut with glimpses of excitement for things to come. He was tested when run down by an opposition player who actually chased, which is probably quite different to what he is used to in lower grades and at training. To his credit he moved on quickly, accepting his new title as The Fastest Kid On Earth and Second Fastest Player.

Million Dollars earned his check by speaking eloquently and politely at the press conference. Cream on top came from a line break, and a beautifully timed pass into the breadbasket of a player not expecting it. Never over-played his hand in captaincy, allowing his players to fall into a coherent shambolic mess together on their own terms.

The Million Dollar’s Sidekick swapped his arms for his legs in the sheds at half-time, which explains his flailing effort at a tackle on the scoring Flock Of Seagulls and everything that came off his boot in that second half. It makes his second half try impressive when you consider he was running on his hands.

Unlike his brother, Jenny Craig obviously did set his alarm and had his usual workhorse game, continually attacking the waistlines of opposition players. His most impressive waistline attack happened on the Flock of Seagulls as he folded over the line, arms free to score.

Jetstar
continued his stellar service from dummy half, ensuring runners didn’t fall into any sense of complacency with catching the ball. The ball arrived above, behind and even occasionally at the feet of runners, keeping each runner sharp and alert. We all know the dangers of players’ concentration lapsing at crucial periods during the game. We have a genius at dummy half ensuring we are half a cup of calf’s blood ahead of the pack.

The Pink Hoops showed incredible tenacity while their goal line came under an extended period of on-going attack in the second half. Whether that was due to great gritty defence or the fact the enemy was dropping propaganda leaflets instead of bombs, remains debatable. Whatever was written on those propaganda leaflets it was enough to get under the Pink Hoops' skin and keep them in the game until the end.

If passing is the only thing that a hooker is judged on these days, then why isn't the position now called Parser?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8