My top 3 manly memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bit of a down memory lane, but why not...When it's full, the sight of Brookvale Oval (the Hill) looking down from Beacon Hill Road.. and the sound when Manly score coming up said hill... still see it but always made me feel good.
watching Randall in the 70's - he was the boss.
Laurie Nichols shadow boxing when Balmain came to play... not strictly Manly but characters like him added to the whole thing.
Yea they were great days.I used to love watching Terry Randall play and used to love watching Eadie chime into the back line and bust through the oppositions line of defence. Running into Eadie would of been like running into a brick wall on one of his good days at fullback.In today's game you could put Eadie in the forwards and watch him bust up the middle.Eadie was such a valuable player and I can remember seeing him play countless times at brookie.

Yea they were great days.I used to love watching Terry Randall play and used to love watching Eadie chime into the back line and bust through the oppositions line of defence. Running into Eadie would of been like running into a brick wall on one of his good days at fullback.In today's game you could put Eadie in the forwards and watch him bust up the middle.Eadie was such a valuable player and I can remember seeing him play countless times at brookie.
I remember the head on tackle Wombat did in the 78 grand final, Rogers got clear and Eadie nailed him one on one .

Top3 hmmm that's tough
aside from the obvious ones like 40-0 and beAting Souths in the semi I recall a few that I laugh and remember fondly.
beating the panthers 12-10 I think that was the score in 2004 at Brooky. There was only about 8,500 there and it was a raining soggy day but everyone went nuts and I remember the pride people around me had about beating the premiers.
I think it was 2007 and we were playing the Tigers and Ben Kennedy scored like 3 tries I think running through benji Marshall . I went berserk running up and down the Southern section. Haha
There was another game against the panthers when we were trailing like 24-6 at half time circa 2006-7 and we looked done for. At halftime I was getting interviewed by some dude with a cameraman from the nrl website at the time and he goes 'things are looking bad for u guys at the moment' and I just kept repeating ' we'll be ok , just watch' then we came out in the 2nd half and smashed them!! I was so f@$kin proud of the boys!!
But the best memory I have was from the early 80s.. I was like 5 years old and my friends parents took us to watch a game on a Sunday arvo. Have no idea who we played . All I remember was sitting in the north-west Section sitting down eating a pie when all of a sudden this gigantic brown pigskin ball landed right in front of me and my pie went flying into the crowd and the ball smashed into my face!!!! Hahahah
Have a heap more but I guess these for me are memories of manly at brooky. Geez I miss the place.
Love sharing this stuff with you guys!!!

1. 2008 Grand Final: 40-0 against Storm

2. 2013 Preliminary Final: Manly were down 14-0 in the first half but clawed back to a 30-20 win!

3. 2014 Round Four: An amazing defensive effort by Manly at Allianz Stadium. We were able to hold the Roosters (2014 defending Premiers) out to secure a slim 8-0 win. A great Grand Final rematch!

One of the best, Eadie was a second rower playing fullback, I was devastated when he hung up the boots.
I think he did his back in against balmain with Neil pringal slamming him on his back and that's what finished him I think.Correct me if I am wrong.

I remember the head on tackle Wombat did in the 78 grand final, Rogers got clear and Eadie nailed him one on one .
Yea I have that footage here at home with me to reflect on. Manly were nothing short of a statement piece in the 70's.I started going for them in 72 and have never wavered.I can't wait for next year as I think we will do awesome.

I still think we have yet to see the best of cherry Evans and have a feeling that next year he will come into his own as a player even more so than he is now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8