Nate Myles - Is there hope?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
With interest I was listening to media feeds this morning that have announced that Nate's wife will be coming back to Sydney to work. I think even Nate would agree that 2016 was not his best year playing/ not playing football. Personally I think the numerous family issues he had participated in, took its toll. Understandingly so! Each of us who would have lived through what he did would.

I'm saying Nate, lift your head high, enjoy the family back together, and start enjoying football again. You didn't get to play SOO football by not being a great footballer.

Looking forward to a great season from you!

I was thinking about Myles yesterday and the fact that he has probably played his last origin match.
Surely QLD will replace Parker and Myles with Josh McGuire and Dylan Napa.
So with his family and (hopefully) renewed focus on club commitments, maybe we'll get a better version of Myles as a player and leader than we have seen for the last 2 seasons.. :praying:
here's to hope!

Based on what we have seen probably no, but pride is an important thing to footballers and he will be well aware of what's been (being) said on Social Media and Silvertails (hi Nate).

I think he might have a better year than last, but I'm not expecting great things based on where I think he's at.

But there's some hope, and if he at least puts in say 2 x 25 minute stints doing not much more than tackling and at least "try" to hit it up with a little passion then he might be handy to have with a few young guns coming through as an experienced forward,

Either that or he'll be given his marching orders come November, a year early!

Based on what we have seen probably no, but pride is an important thing to footballers and he will be well aware of what's been (being) said on Social Media and Silvertails (hi Nate).

I think he might have a better year than last, but I'm not expecting great things based on where I think he's at.

But there's some hope, and if he at least puts in say 2 x 25 minute stints doing not much more than tackling and at least "try" to hit it up with a little passion then he might be handy to have with a few young guns coming through as an experienced forward,

Either that or he'll be given his marching orders come November, a year early!

I actually rate Nate Myles as a player (don't shoot me). He is a bit of a Trojan Workhorse, and sometimes, that goes unnoticed in games. I know he's feeling quite vulnerable at the moment criticism wise.

The reason I know this, is that on Twitter, I made a comment about Trent Barrett (I MAY have a bit of a man crush on him, admittedly), looking more buff than the rest of the players in a specific photo (Myles being one), which he actually did mind you. Nate took it personally, and told me I could buff his dick.

He then quickly realized that my comment related more about Trent, and he pretty much apologized, by saying something like..."I mean, we can share a buffet at Leagues Club or something".

I took it with a grain of salt, because the poor guy cops it from the bogan's on social media. There is one moron, that just carves him up, saying that he is a Manly fan, but the idiot has a picture of himself and his son as his profile picture in Gold Coast Titans jerseys !

As I said to Nate, he'll have a cracker year this year. I hope Trent uses him wisely. I think coming off the bench to absolutely tidy up the ruck defense in the middle quarters. I know 100% the players absolutely rate his leadership - I've literally been told by one.

His focus, rightly, is on his frail wife.
No matter what the prognosis, any cancer survivor is constantly fearful of a relapse @:worried:

It was dumb to sign him for 3 years as he was constantly injured prior to Manly recruiting him :cool:

Let's hope that the young guys step up and select themselves above Myles and Brown :praying:

I actually rate Nate Myles as a player (don't shoot me). He is a bit of a Trojan Workhorse, and sometimes, that goes unnoticed in games. I know he's feeling quite vulnerable at the moment criticism wise.

The reason I know this, is that on Twitter, I made a comment about Trent Barrett (I MAY have a bit of a man crush on him, admittedly), looking more buff than the rest of the players in a specific photo (Myles being one), which he actually did mind you. Nate took it personally, and told me I could buff his dick.

He then quickly realized that my comment related more about Trent, and he pretty much apologized, by saying something like..."I mean, we can share a buffet at Leagues Club or something".

I took it with a grain of salt, because the poor guy cops it from the bogan's on social media. There is one moron, that just carves him up, saying that he is a Manly fan, but the idiot has a picture of himself and his son as his profile picture in Gold Coast Titans jerseys !

As I said to Nate, he'll have a cracker year this year. I hope Trent uses him wisely. I think coming off the bench to absolutely tidy up the ruck defense in the middle quarters. I know 100% the players absolutely rate his leadership - I've literally been told by one.
Understand you're not bothered by his response but telling you to "buff his dick" is pretty poor

Look. If he regains his form and plays well for Manly then all of us who have been critical will be equally quick with the praise. We just want him to put in and make us eat our words. If he steps up then it will translate into wins for Manly, which is the ultimate goal.

On his day, he is a durable forward with good defence. The prob good old Nate has is that he has some serious miles under his belt and when you look at the typical front rower these days, they are bloody powerful and explosive. NRL needs to further reduce the interchange IMO to stop your Junior Paulo types from wreaking havic for 15-20 mins and then coming off. Then coming back on fresh as a daisy. Reduce the interchange and make it harder for the bigger boys..

It think Nates biggest problem was expectations of Manly fans

His last few years at the Titans he was a 100m, 40 tackle prop
With us he was a 80m, 35 tackle prop
So he was a bit off the pace but it seems most here were expecting a a 140m, 40 tackle, 2 tackle bust, 2 offload and 1 try assist prop.......more fool those people

Did he underperform last year, yes......was the reaction hysterical and overblown, yes

Jesus Ryan your up and down like a yo yo, you have bagged the living shyte out of Nate in the past! :lipssealed:

Pro's and Cons Wombat mate. It has been up & down, so I guess I came across the way I meant to.

I really didn't like how he was good for SOO, but couldn't lace up a boot for us in Perth, while other players made the effort around the league. I really didn't like his reaction after we got flogged by The Broncos. I really didn't like his attack at times. I really didn't like his play the ball speed. Being a cynical old prick, I thought the timing of his injuries were suss.

I did like his ruck defense. I did like when he got really angry and showed some passion, and stuck up for our players. I did feel he at times had leadership skills. I did like that he added a bit of, "you won't intimidate us" to the opposition.

I do like the fact I think he can give us a much improved performance this season.

I admit, I lost it at him after he was laughing up a storm with his Broncos mates after we got absolutely toweled by them. Just sends the wrong message passion, and Manly wise. And I ripped into him for it.

BUT, I'm over that now. Happy to cut the chord, let go and move forward. I think he can be an asset going forward.

Understand you're not bothered by his response but telling you to "buff his dick" is pretty poor

Meh....He's actually got a pretty thick skin given everything he cops, and I liked the banter. If I had thousands of people criticizing me all the time, I'd probably tee off as well. I'm actually one of his most ardent defenders on Twitter.

Sounds stupid, but I'm ok with you blokes criticizing our players, because you're all passionate fans. Even if I disagree. But if I hear or read a non Manly fan say something, I'll go right into bat in a second.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10