Nate myles signs with...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
T
Myles off to Melbourne sooner than expected

Nate Myles has signed with the Storm for next season - and the Queensland State of Origin prop could be out of Manly before the June 30 transfer deadline.

Myles’ wife, actress Tessa James, has already moved to Victoria to do some filming work and the veteran forward wants to join her as soon as possible.

But the clock is ticking and Myles has less than three weeks to get the deal done before the deadline comes into effect.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has an amazing knack of getting the best out of ageing props and Myles should thrive in his new environment after a couple of indifferent seasons at Manly.

Although 31, Myles is in good shape and still has plenty to offer and should fit well into the Storm system.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...storm-union/e9770gaypzwq1pwtt04auerq3/slide/2

This will be very interesting to see what happens if Myles heads down before June 30. There is no way we would let him go without a replacement ready.
At the moment at full strength with Myles in the team we have Perrett and Lussick in reserve grade. Both should be playing NRL so we are ok in front row stocks. I wonder if we are looking for a winger to replace Jorge before June 30....? Even though i think Write is ok plus he is a great goal kicker which we really need. Marika Koroibete perhaps? If we sign a winger the kicking goes back to 59% Walker which i would be too happy about.
But this will be very interesting to see what comes of the Myles move if it happens.

Last edited:
I think the club is very confident in Perrett for the future, i agree with them he's been great and has provided plenty of offloads in his games. Perhaps we will just save the money and spend wisely next year

Whilst happy that this will free up a chunck of salary cap for next year I am sorry to hear this.

I believe we will need ALL our props if we are to give the comp a shake this year.

And come the tough end of the comp Nate's large and hard head, plus defence up the middle would prove to be invaluable.

T

This will be very interesting to see what happens if Myles heads down before June 30. There is no way we would let him go without a replacement ready.
At the moment at full strength with Myles in the team we have Perrett and Lussick in reserve grade. Both should be playing NRL so we are ok in front row stocks. I wonder if we are looking for a winger to replace Jorge before June 30....? Even though i think Write is ok plus he is a great goal kicker which we really need. Marika Koroibete perhaps? If we sign a winger the kicking goes back to 59% Walker which i would be too happy about.
But this will be very interesting to see what comes of the Myles move if it happens.
Maybe it's to free up a spot in the 25 for one of the younger guys like that big unit we got from the Tigers...

Will Myles and BJ leaving mean a move to the front row for Jake or will they keep him and his 80 minute motor out of the front row?

I'd be leaving him at lock really and looking at getting AFB, Perrett, Lane or even Paseka fit and mobile enough to start at prop. Jake is our defensive kingpin in the middle of the park and losing him for 30+ minutes a game in the prop rotation wouldn't be the smartest move.

Last edited:
grapevine has the young warriors monster that has been linked coming straight across this / next week, and manly clearing myles off the books completely, Melbourne taking him on full amount for remainder of this this year, but a reduced amount for future seasons as it was at Myles request. So that appears to free us up a tidy sum (moreso for next seasons cap - but can probably pay a bit forward on some with 4-5 months of whatever Myles was taking up).

Hopefully the grapes on that vine are ripe and not rotten.

Bozo has something up his sleeve. No way we would let Myles the 2017 version go mid year, for no reason. I Can't imagine the Storm paying 500k plus for the final year of Myles contract either. Something big is going down.

Clay Casius ? Curl Curl ? When is the climax coming ? Also who will be paying Nate"s salary then , if he leaves soon, and yes - he could still be handy for important future matches for Manly .

Yes I'm cool with this as long as as was mentioned above we aren't subsidising it in any way. His legs are shot BUT no doubt the Storm will find a role for him where he doesn't have to run much as a 100% defender and he'll be good for them.

Winger/centre backup though for remainder this year would also help us - Wright showed his dummy half runs are way short of the mark (albeit his goal kicking and all around player is solid enough to have some use )

Will Myles and BJ leaving mean a move to the front row for Jake or will they keep him and his 80 minute motor out of the front row?

I'd be leaving him at lock really and looking at getting AFB, Perrett, Lane or even Paseka fit and mobile enough to start at prop. Jake is our defensive kingpin in the middle of the park and losing him for 30+ minutes a game in the prop rotation wouldn't be the smartest move.

Well Bainbridge does play a lot of lock in the lower grades so certainly an option of moving Jake if need be but surely that would not be the preference.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8