Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keppie and Tuilagi were both on decent coin and really needed to be walk up starts each week to justify their salaries. Instead, they were both dropped at different stages throughout the year or sat on the bench. As you suggest, the logic being that we can find cheaper options to fill the same role.

I still have concerns over the Fainu move. I get that they were both on the kinda money that demands they start each week and maybe they’re not ready but maybe they are?! I recall DCE winning a comp in his debut season in the NRL (he certainly had great players around him but still, it can be done).

If we don’t have success in the next couple of years, we could be looking back at who we cut loose. I hope not!
Also revolves around having Shu in the backrow [ or intended ] on pretty decent coin naturally and in regard to trying to retain Sam Fainu .
Sure that there would have been some preference to keeping Sam as he could probably manage 13 to prop but again the restrictions with other high contract value forwards and also naturally including Jake and Haumole, even Paseka .
Personally would prefer Sam over Alioia but then the problem of being able to off lead him .
Interesting if hypothetically Sam could have still be induced to stay with sufficient cap space and better money even if Latu chose to leave separately but very unlikely realistically .

Interesting if hypothetically Sam could have still be induced to stay with sufficient cap space and better money even if Latu chose to leave separately but very unlikely realistically .
All the reports were they wanted to stay together. And be paid top dollar for potential. I don't blame them but no doubt those were factors for Manly.

I wonder if he will get the record for most money paid to a player before they play first grade.

True, and that's why Fainus were a huge story here last year. But right now it's hard to criticise the view that they'd become an expensive luxury (not to mention any other factors we may never know about).

Anyhow their devotion to family and maximum $ contracts is now a Tigers problem, even if they do eventually become real stars. Will their best years be at Wests or some other club?

By the way, DCE had a full season in Q Cup, winning Q Cup Player of the Year, before winning the NRL GF in his debut year at age 22. Not to say Latu can't dominate this year, but he only has 9 reserve grade games and is still only 18. In 2 or 3 years he may consistently be starrring at NRL but that is best case scenario for Wests.
My views are more nervous Manly fan than club criticism. I trust Seibs knows what he is doing. I like the Brooks signing and that could only happen with enough free cap space. Brooks is no DCE but he is an experienced head and will still be there to guide the next crop when our captain inevitably retires.

My views are more nervous Manly fan than club criticism. I trust Seibs knows what he is doing. I like the Brooks signing and that could only happen with enough free cap space. Brooks is no DCE but he is an experienced head and will still be there to guide the next crop when our captain inevitably retires.
Yep. And I (and probably all Manly fans) share a little apprehension about just how good the Fainus might become. In his few cameos with Manly Sam clearly looked the best forward prospect we've had since Haumole. (And he has one quality we've been a bit short on) (hint: starts with 'a' and ends with 'ggression')

If true, it couldn't have happened to a nicer dickhead.

Yep. And I (and probably all Manly fans) share a little apprehension about just how good the Fainus might become. In his few cameos with Manly Sam clearly looked the best forward prospect we've had since Haumole. (And he has one quality we've been a bit short on) (hint: starts with 'a' and ends with 'ggression')
I wasn't all that impressed with him, he was fine but he hardly set the world on fire.

I thought he looked the goods too. I remember Koula’s length of the field try against the Dolphins…Fainu picked the ball up on his bootlaces, looked around and summed up a perfectly timed pass to send Koula away. Most young forwards would have either knocked the ball on, dived on it or run until tackled…I mean Brendan Elliot would have had trouble figuring that scenario out…it showed Sam’s football smarts, that’s for sure.

It really doesn’t matter
He is not with us and with another club
Could be
Would be
Who cares now be
Situations similar will continue to occur
The game has changed
So to has being a supporter
Enjoy our successes and our best dreams
Understand that the game is more shallow and less deep than it once was
Go Manly

Nathan Brown reminds me of Greg Eastwood. His mobility, explosive play, body shape all fell off a cliff at a certain point in their career. That being said, Greg Eastwood was also a beast at one point. Eastwood also became bog average as the pace of the game well and truly moved past him at his time with Canterbury.

We are at that stage with Brown. Same goes for Woods. Schuster needs to improve his pace (his weight will help with that). I'm getting very close to that with Jake. Having a number of them at the same time will make us too slow to compete.

Seems to have gone a bit quite with Nathen Brown 's general progress in reestablishing himself as a good impact forward .
Maybe i have been missing something but did note the signing extension with young Navale and again in the same context , not much attention to Brown's likely or unlikely means to get back to top level footy .
Certainly could never question his very notable impact in many games in his Eels stint but seems some time ago now .
Anyway again a train and trial proposition , so a reasonable starting point at least initially for both himself and the club

Seems to have gone a bit quite with Nathen Brown 's general progress in reestablishing himself as a good impact forward .
Maybe i have been missing something but did note the signing extension with young Navale and again in the same context , not much attention to Brown's likely or unlikely means to get back to top level footy .
Certainly could never question his very notable impact in many games in his Eels stint but seems some time ago now .
Anyway again a train and trial proposition , so a reasonable starting point at least initially for both himself and the club
Brown is not even in the squad. Navale has been given a 3 year deal and Seibold said "We want to see him compete for a spot in our NSW Cup team this season.”
If Brown impresses during preseason he may land one of the final Top 30 spots, otherwise he is emergency use only.

I was really impressed by his contributions to the Manly Way Episode 4. Anyone who compares him to that oxygen thief Nate Myles needs to take a good look in the mirror.
He's actually impressing me with his work ethic & is looking pretty fit in the episodes. Gonna surprise i think.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8