Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree to disagree on this one mate, I'd happily be proven wrong over the next couple of weeks if Aloiai has an impact on the games... I think Lodge when fully fit plays 10 leaving Aloiai fighting for a bench spot dependent on form.
No probs mate......yes of course when Lodge is fully fit then I'd like to see:
Paseka
Croker
Lodge
Olakau'atu
Waddell / Schuster
Jrbo
Res: Humphries / GKCT, Sipley, Brown, Aloiai

One thing that did seem noticeable about Shu on the weekend was what a big , natural build that he has these days .
Not to suggest any excess weight but again he is a big boy by any footy standards.
Most likely has some good natural strength as well and hopefully or most likely still some reasonable degree of mobility .
Could be a handful again in the general ruck area and as a middle perhaps these days , then his above average ball playing skills at his best again .
Anyway just get the impression again that he could be hard to contain if he used his full array of attacking ability and general fitness is up to scratch .
Agree.....watched the game & he seemed pretty lively. Tackled loads & didn't seem to lose puff.

Agree.....watched the game & he seemed pretty lively. Tackled loads & didn't seem to lose puff.
Already mentioned that i did not see all of the game so he , Shu may have gone not too bad for the overall game duration .
Just thought not that prominent the time i saw him on the field but the nature of the game with the terrible or limited Blacktown possession , probably did not help his cause at all

One thing that did seem noticeable about Shu on the weekend was what a big , natural build that he has these days .
Not to suggest any excess weight but again he is a big boy by any footy standards.
Most likely has some good natural strength as well and hopefully or most likely still some reasonable degree of mobility .
Could be a handful again in the general ruck area and as a middle perhaps these days , then his above average ball playing skills at his best again .
Anyway just get the impression again that he could be hard to contain if he used his full array of attacking ability and general fitness is up to scratch .
Sounds like Tony Williams

Just sayin’

No probs mate......yes of course when Lodge is fully fit then I'd like to see:
Paseka
Croker
Lodge
Olakau'atu
Waddell / Schuster
Jrbo
Res: Humphries / GKCT, Sipley, Brown, Aloiai

Good pack. However, I reckon you start either lodge or paseka on the bench so at least one of them is on the paddock for the bulk of the game. When Aloia and paseka both went off against parra we got belted in the forwards.

Good pack. However, I reckon you start either lodge or paseka on the bench so at least one of them is on the paddock for the bulk of the game. When Aloia and paseka both went off against parra we got belted in the forwards.
Exactly right @Sheikheagle We need to have one of our dominant props on the field at all times. Jake is not and will never be a dominant prop. Lodge needs to come on for Paseka, and preferably we have Sipley or Bullemore coming on at the same time.

Its hard to see how we can manage this when we bring Brown on to replace Jake at lock. Brown loses his impact when we try and use him a de-facto prop. Jake has next to no impact when he goes to prop, in terms of bending the defensive line or post contact metres.

Against Parra once Paseka and Aloiai went off we had Jake, Bullemore and Brown as our middles. We know what happened to our momentum when we made those changes. Unfortunately there is no real answer to resolve this situation. We can play around with the bench i.e Seibold dropping Bullemore for Sipley last week. However, in my opinion it doesn't change our main issue in the middle which is Jake and Brown playing too many minutes together, and the team losing its way in the forwards because of this.

Paseka was also also unstoppable first 2 games!! Was quiet against Eels & Dragons also. Both gave it their all first 2 games & maybe just a little time to reload?

Parra game maybe slightly quieter but still very solid.

V the Dragons
18 hit ups for 186m, 86 of which was post contact. Along with 27 tackles, 2 tackle busts and an offload.

In addition...

Paseka is averaging the 4 most metres per game from props in the NRL, only slightly behind AFB, Barnett and Haas.

Obviously 3rd in total metres with Haas out injured.

Regardless what you think off the team overall Paseka has been fantastic this year, though he consistently seems to be underrated on here as he isn't a "firebrand"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_091609_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_091609_Chrome.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 17
Agree, tent ran for 186mts with 86 post contact mts.
Yep, he put in a good shift l thought.
He ran hard and poked his nose through the line a few times without quite getting through it and he didn't undo the good work by trying any stupid offloads.

Already mentioned that i did not see all of the game so he , Shu may have gone not too bad for the overall game duration .
Just thought not that prominent the time i saw him on the field but the nature of the game with the terrible or limited Blacktown possession , probably did not help his cause at all
Looking forward to getting out to Brookie early to see what he can produce on Saturday. However, he could face the same problem of limited possession against a tough Penrith Reggie's side. I reckon it'll be more his defence efforts on show. Not that that's a bad thing.

In addition...

Paseka is averaging the 4 most metres per game from props in the NRL, only slightly behind AFB, Barnett and Haas.

Regardless what you think off the team overall Paseka has been fantastic this year, though he consistently seems to be underrated on here as he isn't a "firebrand"
I never bagged him mate just thought he was quiet in the Saints game. He & Olakau’atu are our best forwards by far. Aloiai has been strong since round one & think he will only get better. Yes quiet last week but think he’ll put in a big one against the Panthers. Aloiai & Paseka compliment each other……Lodge returning soon will ensure our forwards step it up in order to keep their spot in the 17……many say our middles are weak but a healthy Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Lodge, Jrbo are not a weakness to me. In fact I believe they’re right up there with other middles in the top teams!!! Add Olakau’atu, Brown, Waddell, Schuster, Brbo, James etc. & we have a good foundation! Our backs are as good as any….Trbo, Saab, Koula, Garrick, Talau, Brooks, DCE etc. Watch out when the team clicks!

I never bagged him mate just thought he was quiet in the Saints game. He & Olakau’atu are our best forwards by far. Aloiai has been strong since round one & think he will only get better. Yes quiet last week but think he’ll put in a big one against the Panthers. Aloiai & Paseka compliment each other……Lodge returning soon will ensure our forwards step it up in order to keep their spot in the 17……many say our middles are weak but a healthy Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Lodge, Jrbo are not a weakness to me. In fact I believe they’re right up there with other middles in the top teams!!! Add Olakau’atu, Brown, Waddell, Schuster, Brbo, James etc. & we have a good foundation! Our backs are as good as any….Trbo, Saab, Koula, Garrick, Talau, Brooks, DCE etc. Watch out when the team clicks!
All good, guess we have different thoughts on a quiet game, I though Paseka was very busy the Saints.

18 hit ups for 186m not quiet in my book.

In addition...

Hmm, interesting to see Barnett up there. He’s not one I’ve ever really noticed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8