Negativity!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@madmax
Since when is blind faith and happy clapping an intelligent way to live your life?
There has to be critical analysis and that means sometimes the answer will come back as a negative.

So if the owners are ripping apart the history of the club for results that are below what's expected and don't meet up to their own throwaway lines like "results driven business" where is the positivity coming from, in a logical sense?

I'd expect that type of thought pattern from the clubs who have less capable supporter bases, but we're supposed to be a bit better than that. Which is another reason why Zorba and his like treating us as uneducated swine is so unacceptable. I'd dare say that many a supporter of this club would have a prop forward from Wollongong covered when it came to understanding ways of the universe. Yet that doesn't seem to enter into their thoughts.

giphy.gif

It's disappointing to read so many negative comments since the 2016 season started. Prior to kick off everyone was content & excited at the clubs new signings & prospects for 2016, albeit there were negative comments about Trent Barrett taking over from Geoff Toovey etc. With the boys not playing to their potential & losing winnable games due to either injury, suspension & new combinations, many posts appear to have targeted certain people's abilities &/or pride in wearing the Maroon & White! If it's not bagging DCE then it's Myles, if not Myles then Barrett, if not Barrett then Mateo or Walker or Stewart or Lyon or Williame.......the list goes on & on. Why is this happening? Now with the prospect of T Rex returning to Manly the bagging & negativity continues. Can we not be a little more understanding & realize with a new coach & new players it will take time to gel & perform to our potential! Everyone wants this player & that player at Manly..........well it ain't gonna happen! We have what we have! Do you honestly think these 'other' players will / would make a difference? Maybe, maybe not but why can't we just get behind the coach & players we have. Back them, support them, encourage them..........that's what real Sea Eagle supporters do! We should bag other teams & NOT our own!

Unfortunately with poor management, poor communication with fans and members, player turnover and axing of the coach, our team resembled one of those "other teams", not Manly.

I actually think as a whole the forum has been rather positive overall considering, and it still lingers.
There's been a whole lot of people hurt over the last fews of years with the goings on.

I don't know if its Killer realising he is no longer capable of playing centre. I have a feeling someone (maybe even Bozo) has had a word to him and convinced him that moving to 5/8 is what's best for the team, not just what's best for Killer.
He could have played next year had he embraced the 6 this year. I feel Jamie is a confidence player-he had a bad run and retired during this, which is sad.

" Manly is built on traditions of loyalty and endeavour as players officials and supporters unite to make the club a success"
The above is a quote from Ray Chestertons great book Manly Sea Eagles the team they love to beat. I edited the word New from the sentence because it was referring to when Manly was a new club.
Since September 2014 when I 1st read an article that Tooves job was under pressure I haven't seen many of those aforementioned qualities.
But it's not the 1st time the club has shafted a legend. For those of us old enough to remember 1989 when 2 legends namely Alan Thompson and Paul Vautin, coach and captain were shown the door. Difference being the coach to be bought in Graham Lowe had a fairly impressive record. The difference this time is bringing in An untried coach with zero record and an assistant with a 30 odd % record. Tooves was nearly 60% overall.
When I 1st read about Tooves being under pressure we were fighting for the minor premiership. He was sacked for purely petty political reasons with some very grubby people involved.
I don't think you can blame some negativity filtering down to supporters.
I still love my Sea Eagles. Have for 44 years.
But you don't sack coaches with Toovey's record.
You hire them.

I remember the dreaded Northern Eagles and post NE, back to Manly days.
We were terrible for quite a few years. One thing I learned to do as a fan back then was to remain positive and really enjoy a win. Even enjoying great tackles and tries when the game was beyond us. A solid body on the line effort made me proud of our team as we rebuilt.
We're used to success now. We've been a bit spoilt as fans and expect it, always.
I'm guilty of being negative this year. Part of it is adjusting to all the changes at Manly and the NRL being driven by tv ratings which results in an unfair competition.
But I can't turn away from these Sea Eagles. From almost dissolving to 40-nil, we've had highs and lows before. I'm positive Manly is right team for me.

Optimists and pessimists have co inhabited the earth since the beginning of time. They balance out to make a realistic supporter base. The best in the land. And Tuesday to Thursday I can accept their views dispassionately and consider their opinion.

The only time negativity pisses me off is when I am all set in my special undies lying on the couch, all excited to watch Manly rip in and .........they start, We will get flogged by 30..... It will be 26 nil by half time etc etc.

Then I'm like .... GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!!!

It's disappointing to read so many negative comments since the 2016 season started. Prior to kick off everyone was content & excited at the clubs new signings & prospects for 2016, albeit there were negative comments about Trent Barrett taking over from Geoff Toovey etc. With the boys not playing to their potential & losing winnable games due to either injury, suspension & new combinations, many posts appear to have targeted certain people's abilities &/or pride in wearing the Maroon & White! If it's not bagging DCE then it's Myles, if not Myles then Barrett, if not Barrett then Mateo or Walker or Stewart or Lyon or Williame.......the list goes on & on. Why is this happening? Now with the prospect of T Rex returning to Manly the bagging & negativity continues. Can we not be a little more understanding & realize with a new coach & new players it will take time to gel & perform to our potential! Everyone wants this player & that player at Manly..........well it ain't gonna happen! We have what we have! Do you honestly think these 'other' players will / would make a difference? Maybe, maybe not but why can't we just get behind the coach & players we have. Back them, support them, encourage them..........that's what real Sea Eagle supporters do! We should bag other teams & NOT our own!
Great post and I agree with everything you said. Some choose to bag everyone within the club from the ball boys to the ground announcer which is counter productive, I choose to support and be positive that we will build this great club back to the lofty heights that we are accustomed to.

Did anyone else find it funny when they reported M'Bye and Klemmer's 4 year extensions were heavily back ended..?
I guess that means Des will be ringing around the other clubs in about three years, he left us in the sh!t and he's setting up the scumdogs for the same scenario it seems.l

images (4).jpg

Optimists and pessimists have co inhabited the earth since the beginning of time. They balance out to make a realistic supporter base. The best in the land. And Tuesday to Thursday I can accept their views dispassionately and consider their opinion.

The only time negativity pisses me off is when I am all set in my special undies lying on the couch, all excited to watch Manly rip in and .........they start, We will get flogged by 30..... It will be 26 nil by half time etc etc.

Then I'm like .... GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!!!
Special undies....hmmmmm.:eek:

I'm very excited. It's cow sales week where I live in obscurity in Qld. They're mooing in protest but I'm happy because I'm going to Manly v St George at Brookie, Round 17.
We will win!

It's an interesting going re: the negativity, and I would say on the whole I'm a positive poster, probably 95 percent of my posts are positive.

Early on when I started posting I actually started a thread along similar lines, and some of the feedback I got was things like 'this is a forum and we can say what we please, it's all about people with different opinions'. And it actually made me think and realise the truth to that. I love getting on here and posting what I do, and finding positives out of negatives, others need to vent and get frustration, it's just differing opinions and attitudes. But as others have said it all comes down to passion for Manly. And we all show it in different ways.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6