New Coaching Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wonder how the Fulton boys are feeling at the moment? was some speculating that they had an agenda against Des towards the end (Instigated by upper management?)
What's the opinion on Coach Fulton, would love to see him be successfull and see a Fulton coach the NRL one day.
Or maybe i'm just a nostalgic old fool!

I wonder how the Fulton boys are feeling at the moment? was some speculating that they had an agenda against Des towards the end (Instigated by upper management?)
What's the opinion on Coach Fulton, would love to see him be successfull and see a Fulton coach the NRL one day.
Or maybe i'm just a nostalgic old fool!
Zac did have a post on Instagram about how proud he was making his debut for the club but he's removed that. Not sure how long ago though.

How would the press know about the call even if it were true? Logically can only come from Mona himself or someone within the club he allegedly told. That sort of leak is just white anting coming from within. I wonder who it was?

Seibold is going to need a thick skin. Hasn't even officially got the job yet and the white-anting in the media ("What sort of a dickhead would ring up a bloke to sack him before he's even got the coaching gig?") has already begun.
Well I reckon he's had the job for a while now, the club may not have announced it but it's a safe bet that Penn and Mestrov have given him the nod to do whatever he sees as necessary, peculiar I know but what if anything is normal about our club?

From what's the buzz

It’s a positive and says a lot about Anthony Seibold that he wants to hire old premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan at the Manly Sea Eagles next year.

Flanagan was the first person Seibold rang when he got the job.

A lot of NRL coaches would never employ anyone who was a threat to their job.

From what's the buzz

It’s a positive and says a lot about Anthony Seibold that he wants to hire old premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan at the Manly Sea Eagles next year.

Flanagan was the first person Seibold rang when he got the job.

A lot of NRL coaches would never employ anyone who was a threat to their job.

“Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.”

Interesting statement by Donny in the comments under this post..a little dig at the Barrett changeover, and positive thoughts re the players working with the next coaching team.
Love his attitude to his work and the club, despite everything that has happened over the past week or two.

Last edited:

Shane Flanagan to join Manly Sea Eagles as assistant coach on 3 year deal​

Shane Flanagan is back coaching again.

Flanagan has agreed to join the Manly Sea Eagles, pending a release from St George-Illawarra in the next 24 hours.
It is a three-year deal that will include a clause that will allow Flanagan to leave after 12 months to take on a head coaching role at another club.
Manly CEO Tony Mestrov has reached an agreement for both Flanagan and former Titans assistant coach Jim Dymock to be Anthony Seibold’s assistants.
The Flanagan deal, first revealed by News Corp, will start from next month when he returns from the World Cup.

Flanagan, 56, is working through final exit details with his existing club, St George Illawarra. The Daily Telegraph understands the Dragons will not stand in his way.

It ends another painstaking wait to coach for Flanagan, who was deregistered by the NRL back in 2018.

Flanagan, who masterminded Cronulla’s famous 2016 grand final win, will help oversee off-season training with Manly, starting in mid-November.

The Sea Eagles will shortly announce Seibold as new head coach for the next three seasons.

Manly see the experienced and successful Flanagan as an ideal foil for Seibold, who is currently in Britain as an assistant to English rugby union coach, Eddie Jones.

Flanagan coached Cronulla for a total of eight seasons but was banned from coaching in 2014 due to the club’s supplements scandal.

He returned in 2015 but was deregistered indefinitely in 2018 after failing to adhere to the conditions of his 2014 ban.

The NRL announced in 2019 that Flanagan could return as an assistant coach but under strict conditions.

He became Paul McGregor’s assistant at St George Illawarra, focusing on defence, in 2020.

Flanagan was moved on the following year when Saints appointed Anthony Griffin as head coach. Earlier this year, Flanagan returned to St George Illawarra as a list manager consultant.

With Flanagan signed, Manly can now look at signing a second assistant, possibly former Test forward Jim Dymock.

Flanagan has agreed to join the Manly Sea Eagles, pending a release from St George-Illawarra in the next 24 hours.
It is a three-year deal that will include a clause that will allow Flanagan to leave after 12 months to take on a head coaching role at another club.
Manly CEO Tony Mestrov has reached an agreement for both Flanagan and former Titans assistant coach Jim Dymock to be Anthony Seibold’s assistants.
The Flanagan deal, first revealed by News Corp, will start from next month when he returns from the World Cup.

Flanagan, 56, is working through final exit details with his existing club, St George Illawarra. The Daily Telegraph understands the Dragons will not stand in his way.

It ends another painstaking wait to coach for Flanagan, who was deregistered by the NRL back in 2018.

Flanagan, who masterminded Cronulla’s famous 2016 grand final win, will help oversee off-season training with Manly, starting in mid-November.

The Sea Eagles will shortly announce Seibold as new head coach for the next three seasons.

Manly see the experienced and successful Flanagan as an ideal foil for Seibold, who is currently in Britain as an assistant to English rugby union coach, Eddie Jones.

Flanagan coached Cronulla for a total of eight seasons but was banned from coaching in 2014 due to the club’s supplements scandal.

He returned in 2015 but was deregistered indefinitely in 2018 after failing to adhere to the conditions of his 2014 ban.

The NRL announced in 2019 that Flanagan could return as an assistant coach but under strict conditions.

He became Paul McGregor’s assistant at St George Illawarra, focusing on defence, in 2020.

Flanagan was moved on the following year when Saints appointed Anthony Griffin as head coach. Earlier this year, Flanagan returned to St George Illawarra as a list manager consultant.

With Flanagan signed, Manly can now look at signing a second assistant, possibly former Test forward Jim Dymock.
New beginnings!!

Rothfield will give manly a saloon ride now, he loves Flanagan to bits

Exciting times ahead!
Well I must say I’m excited to see what change will do.

My expectations with the team we have will be minimal, but I’m well aware of the mantra “ a team of champions will never beat a champion team “.

So if Seibold / Flanagan and whomever can mould these guys into a United front you just never know !!

i think we can only improve, these guys wont stick with the same old, if a player isn't performing they will try someone else. dont know what flanagans role will be but our attack and defence should improve as a result if he's given either

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10