New Coaching Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
There are many showing support for Des mate…..Cronk, Anasta, most journos, other Manly legends. As for Pig Penn, that pasty piece of $hit can crawl back into the mud hole he came from!
Cronk and Anasta hate Manly with a passion and would use any excuse to kick us especially Cronk.
I have been a supporter of Des but to think he is some complete innocent bystander in all this is naive imo. Des is a known control freak… look how things ended for him at the dogs and with us in 2011.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Regardless of what the makeup is like it will be good to have a change.

We were stale.

We were living in the past.

We were a very ordinary football side.

Whatever happens is a least a move forward, that’s the way I look at it.
Very well put mate, the process of how it unfolded might be questionable however change was needed. Des had run his course and we weren’t going any further with him there.

Nordburg

First Grader
Jones is leaving English Rugby straight after the World Cup, wants to go to Japan so frees up Japan's off season to be in Australia.

I have serious doubts Penn will fund to much of the asking price of all theses assistants
2024 would be the earliest Jones would come to Manly

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How much of our cap money goes towards the cost of a coach and coaching assistants, or is this a separate thing funded entirely by Penn..?
Not cap related, they had a coaching cap for a bit. Not sure it is still about or scrutinised. Just looking at it from a penn spend and what we get

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
With up to 7 spots in our top 30
Available let’s hope seibold is spending his time in the UK scouting talent at the World Cup. The kiwi fullback goes ok I suppose 😲

manly al

First Grader
How much of our cap money goes towards the cost of a coach and coaching assistants, or is this a separate thing funded entirely by Penn..?
Salary cap allocation or overall N R L operating allocation . N R L combined allocation is still around 13 . 5 mil i think and would assume that coaching outlays would be utilized from this fund in the main .But different outlays after the salary cap amount would be discretionary i guess as it often mentioned that a basic cost of some 18 - 20 mil is the minimum amount for an N R L club operation . Be interesting if that 13 . 5 club contribution will be increased in conjunction with any salary cap increase . Fair point with jbb / james with Seibold and Flannagan " s combined wage quite possibly similar to Des "s official or officially current contract amount .

manly al

First Grader
Available let’s hope seibold is spending his time in the UK scouting talent at the World Cup. The kiwi fullback goes ok I suppose 😲
just don 't think that there is that much slack for any major or significant signings with quite a few upgrades apparently with the current squad . Would think that Schuster , Oloka - atu , Garrick , Saab , Paseka , Koula , even guys like Croker and Lawton , some reasonable level upgrades . Not sure of the actual amount or value factor but Tuilagi no doubt will be getting more then Davey . Maybe some slight upgrades for the likes of Tuitauake and Humphries . Maybe Roache and Matterson [ junior ] even on minimum contracts , could still be close to 300 k if both of those players are part of the main squad next season .

Eagle 1

First Grader
Now that we know what the cap increase is, should start to see some astute buys soon.

manly al

First Grader
Now that we know what the cap increase is, should start to see some astute buys soon.
But then unfortunately [ at least from any scope for some extra talent ] would be dependent on how many of the more high profiles players would have automatic trigger arrangements for any N RL cap allocation . Going to be a bit galling if for example , there could be say a 20 % increase in club salary cap and D C E then gets closer to 1. 5 mil and Turbo say 1 .3 or so [ if he could have the type of season like 2021 could be a different matter though ] . With Marty and Walker leaving , certainly has reduced the high profile or higher paid player component in the squad but then would not be surprised if someone like Oloka - atu 's contract would exceed Walker 's previous [ well almost certain ] , But a possible 20 % increase in the cap is not insignificant and could still allow some decent talent for Manly to go after with their present squad situation . Thing is though , could be numerous other N R L clubs with the same opportunity to try to bring in more talent and most probably only a limited talent pool still available anywhere .

Eagle 1

First Grader
Who are they buying though?The Dolphins are struggling to buy anyone “astute” and they have more cap space and a coach
Mainly mid value players showing potential, you are right tho, most of the better players have or are about to be snapped up.

Eagle 1

First Grader
But then unfortunately [ at least from any scope for some extra talent ] would be dependent on how many of the more high profiles players would have automatic trigger arrangements for any N RL cap allocation . Going to be a bit galling if for example , there could be say a 20 % increase in club salary cap and D C E then gets closer to 1. 5 mil and Turbo say 1 .3 or so [ if he could have the type of season like 2021 could be a different matter though ] . With Marty and Walker leaving , certainly has reduced the high profile or higher paid player component in the squad but then would not be surprised if someone like Oloka - atu 's contract would exceed Walker 's previous [ well almost certain ] , But a possible 20 % increase in the cap is not insignificant and could still allow some decent talent for Manly to go after with their present squad situation . Thing is though , could be numerous other N R L clubs with the same opportunity to try to bring in more talent and most probably only a limited talent pool still available anywhere .
Very true al, hoping we have enough coin left after the upgrades to snare a rip and tear type of forward.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
This could be wishful thinking, but I’m thinking that there’s a chance seibold was used as a smokescreen for Flanno to become head coach.

I’d be stoked with this result as I’ve said numerous times here over the past few years he’s the 1 bloke I’d replace Des with.

If it is Seibold as head coach then I also have faith in him to do a good job.

This could be wishful thinking, but I’m thinking that there’s a chance seibold was used as a smokescreen for Flanno to become head coach.

I’d be stoked with this result as I’ve said numerous times here over the past few years he’s the 1 bloke I’d replace Des with.

Funny you say that chuckee, so was I lol

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred

That is something i have heard also, i put it down as BS though as I don't think he'd be allowed back in the NRL for a couple more years.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16