New Forum Feature: YOU can choose to Ignore another users posts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: New Forum Feature: Ignore another user

A few points here.
Tge idea is to stop trolls and the over the top exchanges.

The Glenn Stewart post is a prime example. Sorry to use you as an example cambo. But if you had read that guys first post then thought "screw this" and ignored him I wouldn't have had to warn you.

It's a trial and I want it to cut through the **** rather than add to it. If it starts stifling conversation I will remove it. But innovation cones through trying things. So let's try it

Dude, that energetic little fella looks like he's being propelled into the air from farting so hard.  I like it

Dan link said:
You are unable to ignore Admins and mods.
It's a pity as I can't ignore Byso - on his politics threads. It might also save my smite level too!!! :) (I do like seeing his photos so I can't have it both ways I suppose!!!)

Just BBQ fumes.

I might look into doing a topic by topic ignore rather than a blanket ignore.

Personally I just want to see a lot of manly fans talking and debating manly topics.

I hate having to pay too much attention and close  topics etc and really interrupt the flow of things.

The great thing about this site is that by and large the members all moderate each other and their selves without my interaction. It would be ashame for us to have. Too much of a heavy hand in things as such this is a measure that largely allows the members to moderate the site and control things to their comfort zone

Dan link said:
A few points here.
Tge idea is to stop trolls and the over the top exchanges.

The Glenn Stewart post is a prime example. Sorry to use you as an example cambo. But if you had read that guys first post then thought \"screw this\" and ignored him I wouldn't have had to warn you.

It's a trial and I want it to cut through the s**t rather than add to it. If it starts stifling conversation I will remove it. But innovation cones through trying things. So let's try it
Im so sick of how you always single me out and victimism me dan

seriously it borderlines on cyber bullying.

Anyone would think you own this site the way you go on ;)

and thats why we'd never ignore you Cam....

You are kidding right? Childish behavour deserves an adult response.I am,though,a little dissapointed at some of the narrow minded posts that are meant to inflame responses and the general attitude of some members of the Sea Eagles travelling supporters.You know who you are and why.

Rambofan link said:
You are kidding right? Childish behavour deserves an adult response.I am,though,a little dissapointed at some of the narrow minded posts that are meant to inflame responses and the general attitude of some members of the Sea Eagles travelling supporters.You know who you are and why.

yes and no.

An adult response is to ignore it, this just makes that easier.

I am privy to a lot of complaints etc that you guys aren't which is why I have implemented this for a while.

If the feedback is that it isn't helping we simply remove it. The option is also there to not use it too.

Dan

Good god with this feature i might not have to read about pens, penns, lowe and conga lines.

This site could just be about to return to its former glory.

Now if only there is a mass ignore button around here where you can ignore anyone who joined after a certain date...

another example of over governing
is anywhere on this planet immune from this crap?
why does even a league fans site like this get infected with the dreaded "lets implement ANOTHER rule bollocks"
ignore, hide, delete = whatever
why don't we all just top ourselves and be done with it

As with everything it's a personal choice.....but I won't ignore anyone as I believe (as in life) you take the good with the bad. I learnt pretty quickly on here that many comments are just "throw away lines", and at times I took them too seriously......I have since "lightened up"....or as I was told once "Mark time you lightened the **** up". So I can now take a good old fashioned dig and not go gaga....but I do agree at times it does become more "personal" and that's a pity.

BAZ link said:
why does even a league fans site like this get infected with the dreaded \"lets implement ANOTHER rule bollocks\"

How is this over governing

I dont control who ignores who, you the user makes that choice.

Over governing would be me banning people. This gives you the user the opportunity to choose what content you see, and don't see. It puts the power in YOUR hands, not mine.

BAZ link said:
why does even a league fans site like this get infected with the dreaded \"lets implement ANOTHER rule bollocks\"

Good idea Baz, you go first.

If you dont like it there is an easy solution, **** off.

How about we make it community governed - you get -50 karma you get auto banned! Come on guys we've got a few people nice and close.........

(joking - I think the ignore feature is a good idea)

BAZ link said:

LOL

good work flo and clontaago
thats the spirit
of what Dan's talking about
but you know what?
I don't know you and I don't care what you think or say here
at all

Question Baz - why do you have random new lines in your posts? It makes them much more difficult to read.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6