New Regime Botched Halves Negotiations Says Phil Sidney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I notice the decline of Quantum continues. Last year sales down by 9% and profit reduced by 84%. Reminds me of the old adage about people in glass houses, particularly when their house can't generate the funds required to guarantee the long term success of Manly. Sour grapes from a loser 'Tis all.

The article was stating the new management offered 800k < over the 4 years, so 800k a season as opposed to 1M.

I'm fine with Manly doing that. And if they only offered Foz 800kand he took 1.2M a year then I am even finer with that. We didn't lose the halves so much as they chased more dollars elsewhere. Might be splitting hairs but to me that is a significant difference. We should never sign people at any cost.

The article was stating the new management offered 800k < over the 4 years, so 800k a season as opposed to 1M.

I'm fine with Manly doing that. And if they only offered Foz 800kand he took 1.2M a year then I am even finer with that. We didn't lose the halves so much as they chased more dollars elsewhere. Might be splitting hairs but to me that is a significant difference. We should never sign people at any cost.
As Tooves would reply "yes and no" we should of signed at least one of them "at any cost" to reduce the ongoing rebuild costs into the future.

The first casualty of war is the truth. This boardroom battle has been going on for a decade now and the spin from both sides has been constant.

Hopefully the one owner model will be a success, but they haven't exactly got off to a flying start. However we all have to give them a chance, let's see what this year brings before we pass full judgement.

Tooves and the football dept now have an enormous job next year to re build this team after losing both their halves.

It's a huge change when all the plays and structure have been based around dce and foran for the past 5 years.

Absolutely not impossible but it will be a lot of work to find halves which will fit into our game plan and then gel with our current players. I am sure tooves will be up for the challenge.

While I do believe that Buhrer was re-signed in an attempt to influence DCE's decision, I don't believe that it was the reason Glenn was let go. Dave Perry made the decision to let Glenn Stewart go. I believe he was let go because he is close to Zorba. Brett and Matai would also be gone if Sidney and Perry were still at Manly. Manly are in the crap they are in now because people from both sides wouldn't put the club before their ego.

While I do believe that Buhrer was re-signed in an attempt to influence DCE's decision, I don't believe that it was the reason Glenn was let go. Dave Perry made the decision to let Glenn Stewart go. I believe he was let go because he is close to Zorba. Brett and Matai would also be gone if Sidney and Perry were still at Manly. Manly are in the crap they are in now because people from both sides wouldn't put the club before their ego.
Nailed it Bones. Well said.

I'll tell you what I certainly DO NOT believe, and that's the idea that Glenn Stewart somehow couldn't be retained by the club (as mentioned by Sidney in the above article). What he really should have said, was there was no way to keep Glenn, and keep the others that we deemed more important.

I don't believe the Penns, or Zorba, wanted Glenn released. This was a decision made by the Quantum/Perry side of the board, and it resulted in Foran and Watmough leaving the club. IMO opinion this was error in judgement. I think they underestimated the effect it would have on the playing group, and thought the players were bluffing. I know others disagree (and that's totally OK), but i'd prefer we still have Choc, Foz, and Glenn, as I never really cared for DCE. I rate Buhrer and Hiku, but they are not as important to the clubs fortunes as the others, and I would have understood if they had to be moved elsewhere.

No one the equivalent of the talent of and Andrew luck is coming to us or has even been linked to us. Stick your head in the sand all you like I look forward to your views when we have the equivalent of Adam Brown and Adam Hayden or Jye Mullane playing in the halves for us next year.

To suggest the Colts would have got rid of Manning without Luck being the plan B is ridiculous. What is Joke Kelly's plan B?
Oh goodie...the mental giant is back to regale us with his immense intellect. Why don't you slip into something more comfortable - like a coma.

Upgrading and keeping Buhrer was a no brainer. To think that we wouldn't have tried to keep him if we thought DCE was going anyway is ridiculous.
Exactly, Buhrer is the future and was always going to be re-signed.
He was the Captain of the NYC whilst Chez and Foz were there.
Buzz is an idiot and obsessed with Manly :cool:

It's insulting to his talents to label him as bait:mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4