New Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just had my daughter run her eagle eye over the stuff.  She's a tax accountant with on of the big four.  Her view is that the company seems sound.  She's huge Eagle supporter, so it's all good. 

As nothing in life is ever a guarantee, we might just enjoy this wonderful ride, and see what arises.  Loving all its flavours.

There are just so many areas where alarm bells go off, and I won't go in to details on a public forum. All I would say is there is no way I would invest. But that's just me.

DSM5 link said:
Just had my daughter run her eagle eye over the stuff.  She's a tax accountant with on of the big four.  Her view is that the company seems sound.  She's huge Eagle supporter, so it's all good. 

What, didn't you believe me?

Ryan, it's not that I didn't believe you, it's just that I am in need of reassurance.  By the way, do you think we're worth more than 900K per year? 

DSM5 link said:
Ryan, it's not that I didn't believe you, it's just that I am in need of reassurance.  By the way, do you think we're worth more than 900K per year? 

No team in the nrl is worth more than $1M per season in sponsorship.

Primarily because the people who count at the network that currently owns the TV rights to the game have their heads stuck so far up their arse holes that its just not worth investing in.

Example 617 for 2008 - World Cup semi final tonight, Kiwis v's Poms.

9 wont allow Foxtel to show the game live in Melbourne, and 9 wont show it until Midnight. Exposure is in 1 state (primarily) only, NSW. There is no national coverage of the National Rugby League. It's an absolute disgrace and sponsorship dollars wont increase until that changes.

Out of interest, did Channel 9 actually bid for the World Cup or was it just handed it by default because it has the NRL deal??

I don't know but we don't get it live tonight because of some dumb arse American show that looks like It's a Knockout.

Ludicrous.

DSM5 link said:

Totally. Look at how much additional cashflow Brisbanes sponsor received due to their exposure. How many people had heard of Quantum prior to this sponsorship.

I bet it's a heck of a lot different in 12 months time.

And I'm disgusted that we can't watch these games live.
Someone at 9 should hang their heads in shame !

I've screamed it for years, Gallop, and all those who support that schmuck, are the problem.  I've been slowly reading my way through the 100 Years of League (an excellent Xmas present by the way) and there's been some very progressive forward thinkers in past years involved in this game.  It's perplexing to think, where are they now?    Ch 9 are going broke under the weight of debt, so hopefully their grip on the NRL might just be loosening. 

to adds my 2 cents worth, they are looking at changing the structure of the next t.v rights deal eg selling the games in structures other than a whole. What this means is that instead of selling the whole game in one tv deal what they would do is break this up and sell off the origin, international games, the nrl games, the finals series ect on different tv deals.

but the funny thing is i think the tv rights dela doesnt expire till 2012....... idiot Gallop

On another note i would love to see a PNG side in the nrl in 5 to 10 years time, i could see a COwboys v PNG match being a very interesting game to watch.

A team from PNG should be included in the Qld Cup competition soon to give those guys more action at a good standard.  Somare is willing to fund it so get it on now.  What seems to be the problem? 

an appropriate stadium and infrastructure especially in PNG. the proposal is half the games in Darwin the othrer half in PNG.

DSM5 link said:
A team from PNG should be included in the Qld Cup competition soon to give those guys more action at a good standard.   Somare is willing to fund it so get it on now.  What seems to be the problem?  

Even if they were successful in getting a team into  the NRL where would the players come from? Whilst never having been to PNG it does not strike me as the sought of place that any NRL player would want to live for 9 months a year.

And again tonight I cant watch Australia, in a supposedly international sport, live on any Channel. Both Nine and Foxtel are showing it at 10:30pm.

An absolute ****ing disgrace. I am about ready to give it away fro good and follow Union. At least you get to see EVERY game live.

clontaago link said:
And again tonight I cant watch Australia, in a supposedly international sport, live on any Channel. Both Nine and Foxtel are showing it at 10:30pm.

An absolute F**king disgrace. I am about ready to give it away fro good and follow Union. At least you get to see EVERY game live.
One sport is owned by media and the other isn't. Which one does best in its negotiations with the media? Also compare AFL.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7