New Zealand (2) v Australia (5) Three test series 2019-2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As the cricketing world farewells Bob Willis the two teams from the Tasman prepare to do battle in a 3 test and 3 one day series over the Christmas - New Year period.

Second ranked powerhouse NZ take on the steadily improving Aust in a highly anticipated series that could produce some hard fought and entertaining cricket.

Fixtures:

1) 12th December, Perth. Day/Nighter
2) 26th December, MCG
3) 3rd January, Sydney.

Then 2 x ODI's over games in Sydney and 1 in Hobart.

NZ awaiting on fitness of two key players and hopeful the lack of a day/night test wont effect them too much.

New Zealand are "quietly optimistic" that Trent Boult and Colin de Grandhomme will be fit to play in Australia.

In an ideal world, New Zealand would probably have time to reflect on an excellent series victory over England - their fifth home series win in succession and their second over England in little more than 18 months - before heading into another Test campaign. But such are the schedules in modern international cricket that they will instead be obliged to go into a day-night Test in Perth without any sort of warm-up game. Instead, three training sessions - two of which are under lights - will have to suffice.

Aust leave out Bancroft, Pattinson is off suspension and the bowling merry-go-round continues.

Cameron Bancroft has been left out of Australia's 13-man squad for the Test series against New Zealand, which starts in Perth next week, in an otherwise unchanged group from the one which swept Pakistan 2-0 with a brace of innings victories.

James Pattinson, who was ruled out of the opening Test against Pakistan after his code of conduct suspension, and the uncapped Michael Neser remain the support pace-bowling options.

Rotation was a theme among Australia's pace attack in the Ashes but barring any injuries it would be a surprise if they changed the current trio for the opening Test against New Zealand. Mitchell Starc, who took 14 wickets at 17 in the two Tests, grimaced at times in Pakistan's second innings in Adelaide, but Tim Paine was confident there was no significant concern.

So heat up those meat pies and grab a can of L&P out of the chilly bin and settle in for some mighty fine cricket!

Cummo has put a target on williamsons head reminiscent of Glen McGrath.
That will be an interesting contest in itself...

Should be a good series. I think their bowlers will offer a bit more than the Paki attack, except in the spin department.

Think we may come unstuck big time heading into a pink ball test in Perth with no warm up game in australia

Think we may come unstuck big time heading into a pink ball test in Perth with no warm up game in australia

2 from 3 training sessions under lights probably wont cut it as far as preparation for NZ goes, so they were hard done by there. Going straight from Eng to Aust is not that easy either.

I feel though, that this is a very good NZ side (2nd best in the rankings) so I think they'll overcome those deficiencies and give the series a real good shake. Aust can't afford to relax for a session. I'm looking forward to it.

BJ Watling is our quiet achiever, when the teams in a hole he always digs them out and I saw a ridiculous stat the other day that in his last 4 innings he has spent over 24 hours at the crease

Pitch full of cracks apparently, might be a very important toss to win, as most pink ball matches are

Aust wins toss:

Elects to bat:

Streaked away and it's now 0-2 , second over

What was southees problem chucking the ball at Burns?
He throws quicker than he bowls...

D'oh, should have reviewed that one!

Unlike aust to stuff up the reviewing process...

noooooooooooooooooooot

Pretty happy with our effort with the ball so far on a flat track

Wagner is a lion heart, 13 overs in 40 degrees out of 40 overs bowled and hasn’t lost any pace

Oh for the days of Bill and Tony, this commentary is absolutely terrible, O’Keefe tries so hard to be the funny man all the time that it’s cringeworthy

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Fergo broken down in his debut. Calf injuries are for old guys not young bucks

Smith gone to another legside trap, but did look scratchy today,. Marnus brings up another ton - he's in good nick at the moment.

wakes up

So 4-248. I used to think that was about even-steven for a days cricket but I didn't see much play so I don't know if it is true in this case.

40 degree heat + one bowler going down meant the Kiwi's had to dig deep.

Nice century from Labuschagne.

Kiwis bowled pretty well, and really dried up Smith in particular, hence run rate a little under par. But only 4 down is the key, if we get north of 350 you don't lose too many test matches with that score in the first dig.

Head a little lucky last night, slashed at a few and could have easily been gone. Marnus looking solid so we should be able to bat around him and put on another 150 at least

Oh for the days of Bill and Tony, this commentary is absolutely terrible, O’Keefe tries so hard to be the funny man all the time that it’s cringeworthy

As an aside you can get all of the 12th Man on spotify....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4