News: Aust jersey prices "plunge" to 30-year low.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Another V'landys 'grassroots' initiative. Only Australian jerseys at this stage (Classic brand) but may flow through to State and club jerseys.

The price of Australian rugby league jerseys will plunge to an almost 30-year low after the NRL agreed to trial a pilot program that could revolutionise how much fans pay to wear team merchandise.

In a move being hailed as an important step amid the cost-of-living crisis, retailers are preparing to sell the Australian men’s and women’s jerseys for $99 when the new line hits the racks in August.

and...

The move could put pressure on merchandise partners of the remaining 11 NRL clubs to lower the cost of jerseys for their fans if Classic’s NRL clubs follow suit, while the NSW Rugby League and Queensland Rugby League also have existing deals for State of Origin jerseys away from Classic Sportswear.

Full story:

Solution to all our Feathered friends ...

All Manly Sea eagle club members get 10% of all Manly Merchandise including the Legendary Manly Jerseys

And yet there are suckers out there who will buy them.

Like those dingbats I saw at Brookvale in 2014 (just before another Penn-induced gathering storm, aka Operation Destroy Toovey), proudly wearing their Parram…err…I mean Marvel superhero jumpers, in the game vs Brisbane.

Yeah

I'm editing this thread title.

PSA: titles are not essays, thanks

Jerseys are well overpriced.

A skin tight piece of fabric stiched together by who knows by and where...and they're $160?

It's like $10 tops. And usually less from those knock off places in er, china.

I mean fine...if some of the money goes to the club of choice but...$160???

Plus the call for old style 'non skin tight' jerseys has been going on for awhile but falls on deaf ears.

they seem to be similar in price to the nhl ones which offer a lot more.

Anyway.... anything that gets the price down is a good start.

$30

$20

dhgate....

(lemme know super mods if these links are bad and should not be here)

Selling Kangaroos jerseys at reduced price won't matter much if the Kangaroos never play in NSW or QLD. There used to be after Origin every season a 3 Tests international series.

I guess they may sell more Kangaroos jerseys to tourists as a cheaper option than Wallabies, Socceroos or cricket.

Selling Kangaroos jerseys at reduced price won't matter much if the Kangaroos never play in NSW or QLD. There used to be after Origin every season a 3 Tests international series.

I guess they may sell more Kangaroos jerseys to tourists as a cheaper option than Wallabies, Socceroos or cricket.
What ever happened to the annual ANZAC test?

What ever happened to the annual ANZAC test?
The NRL clubs killed it off. Now the Kangaroos can never be seen in Australia in winter.

Gone extinct thanks to NRL clubs along with the 3-Tests (held after Origin), mid week Panasonic Cup, pre season Cup, World 7s, World 9s.

If NSW win three Origin series in a row, they will come to kill off Origin too.

NRL clubland wants to be as barren as the AFL.

Jerseys are a rare buy for me because of cost. This amazing Cliffy Lyons jersey is the last one I bought. And the one before that is the 2011 Premiers jersey

1685252784557.jpeg

Surely Manly one's aren't worth a pinch of 💩.
Probably hand it back if a player tried to give you theirs!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4