News: Eagles set for cow paddock

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't believe the 7 figure bs.
How much can they charge (ticket wise) in PNG? the majority earn SFA over their? Should we support a govt who is ok with spending stupendous amounts of money for a football game while the majority of their population live in poor conditions?

It's a pipe dream and a distraction. The club should be more focussed on attracting a major sponsor rather then globe trotting and looking at ways to take more games from Brookvale. Why do you think 'members' was mentioned?
Oh yes, now I remember, Lowe hasn't the acumen to attract a major sponsor. Maybe the club should attract a 'major CEO' first. That oughta help with finding a new sponsor.

I remmeber Lowe was pretty influential in getting on board NZ owned Lion Nathan when he coached. This will definitely be a big task for him in gaining a 800 + sponsor. Possibly, a Papau mining company might come on board to gain PNG exposure for future NRL?? I was never comfortable with Quantum, never heard of them companies worry me eg Firepower. The LG's, Samsung's Integral energy's seem more safe.

Darren link said:
I remmeber Lowe was pretty influential in getting on board NZ owned Lion Nathan when he coached. This will definitely be a big task for him in gaining a 800 + sponsor. Possibly, a Papau mining company might come on board to gain PNG exposure for future NRL?? I was never comfortable with Quantum, never heard of them companies worry me eg Firepower. The LG's, Samsung's Integral energy's seem more safe.
.. i would love it if we got lg...  i`d get corporate box seats.. through work, we sell lg .. when they were on board with the sharks..  i had so many offers to go to shark park  & watch from corporate boxes , but i didn t .. i was in bulldogs corporate box a few times though  through mitsubishi again because of work when they sponsored the dogs..  it would be unreal if we  picked up  lg or phillips or sharp ...

Speaking of the Shark's their CEO has come out and basically said if you (CS supporter's) don't want us to move home games turn up at Shark Park. I think the same ultimatum should be used on Manly.

If we take games to any of these options
a) PNG - Good Media on the club but in reality a pipeline dream.
b) North Harbour Stadium (Auckland) - Lets the Sea Eagle brand grow more and if the Roosters can get 20,000 in CHCH we'll get more
c) Suncorp Stadium - Part of the double header. To me this would be an easy option (and I would say this even if I did live in Sydney) that Stadium would be full so that's 54,000 people there, both the home teams split the gate so that would be 27,000 worth 

Matabele link said:
LG are complete crap.  Just Goldmark re-branded.  They look good on Sharks shirts.
Mata, times have changed. I agree that Goldstar products were held together with rubber bands but it is 15 years since they were around and Korean manufacturing has improved a zillion times since then. They are seriously world class and that includes Samsung, Topfield and LG (who are now the second largest producer of TVs so they must be doing something right). I know they aren't quite in the same category as Panasonic, Sony and Sharp but probably on par with Phillips and Hitachi. More than half of all manufacture occurs in China but under very strict supervision from all the leading brands.

Get some Sunday afternoon games back at Brookvale and we might start to get some cropwds back....Monday nights is crap.

How many this year 2 only with the next two home games on a Saturday at 5.30....then only the warriors and bulldogs to go...

Frogz link said:
Get some Sunday afternoon games back at Brookvale and we might start to get some cropwds back....Monday nights is crap.

How many this year 2 only with the next two home games on a Saturday at 5.30....then only the warriors and bulldogs to go...

Don't forget in between raiders(sat 530) and scum(sat 530),we do have a 3pm Sunday afternoon home game....at Bluetongue!

It's a good idea and Lowe must be congratulated.  Spreading the game, promoting the club, and gaining some dollars is all good.  WAMF, your comment on good governance could equally apply to NSW.  Get a grip.  And I'm sure the club is out there in the marketplace looking for a major sponsor.  If Brookvale attracted 20thousand fans at each game I would agree with all the doubters, but it doesn't.  I'd rather a financially successful club to support than not one at all.  I don't want the club to end up like Cronulla.     

jjai link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183839.msg271258#msg271258 date=1278056097]
<p>A RUN-down old ground in Port Moresby is being strongly considered over Brookvale Oval as the Sea Eagles aim to cash in on moving an NRL game to Papua New Guinea next year.</p>

<a href=\"http://silvertails.net/news/4915-eagles-set-for-cow-paddock.html\">Read the full article</a>
.. with the man power over their & low wages if any, they should have a world class 1 up  in no time .. for peanuts..probably less than the monthly rent we have to give to warringah council..
[/quote]
The PNG Govt can't afford a paddle pop stick let alone a stadium.

If there was a stadium to be built it would be done by overseas contractors & paid for by Australian government aid.

You people who think you could just rock up into moresby for the weekend walk to the game & have a few beers are the kind of people who die very young.

People kill each other over there for a footy shirt let alone the two hundred bucks in your pocket.

It's the real wild west out there.

Then let the games begin!  The stadium will be built by overseas contractors and paid for by the Australian government.  Who do you think pays for all the stadiums built in Australia Jerry?  You?  Pleeeese.  I for one will take my life into my hands and go up for a game.  An armored car can take me to the game.  Stuff like your post is so full of stereotypes it's laughable.   

DSM5 link said:
It's a good idea and Lowe must be congratulated.  Spreading the game, promoting the club, and gaining some dollars is all good.  WAMF, your comment on good governance could equally apply to NSW.  Get a grip.  And I'm sure the club is out there in the marketplace looking for a major sponsor.  If Brookvale attracted 20thousand fans at each game I would agree with all the doubters, but it doesn't.  I'd rather a financially successful club to support than not one at all.  I don't want the club to end up like Cronulla.      

So far Lowe has done nothing for us.

We just lost one of our major sponsors & all he can do is dream about overseas junkets.

Lowe has to concentrate on core club business not waste time looking for gold in cow paddocks.

Are the talking seven figures in AUD$ or seven figures in PNG kina?  I cannot see how they can make seven figures out of one game.  Who is the private backer - Michael Somare?  

If they can then Manly should move every game to PNG.

DSM5 link said:
Then let the games begin!  The stadium will be built by overseas contractors and paid for by the Australian government.  Who do you think pays for all the stadiums built in Australia Jerry?  You?   Pleeeese.  I for one will take my life into my hands and go up for a game.  An armored car can take me to the game.  Stuff like your post is so full of stereotypes it's laughable.    
How many times have you been there mate - I go there every couple of years on business. I know the place well.

If you go there with that attitude you won't last long. Ask anyone who's been there.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183839.msg271416#msg271416 date=1278130871]
It's a good idea and Lowe must be congratulated.  Spreading the game, promoting the club, and gaining some dollars is all good.  WAMF, your comment on good governance could equally apply to NSW.  Get a grip.  And I'm sure the club is out there in the marketplace looking for a major sponsor.  If Brookvale attracted 20thousand fans at each game I would agree with all the doubters, but it doesn't.  I'd rather a financially successful club to support than not one at all.  I don't want the club to end up like Cronulla.     

So far Lowe has done nothing for us.

We just lost one of our major sponsors & all he can do is dream about overseas junkets.

Lowe has to concentrate on core club business not waste time looking for gold in cow paddocks.

[/quote]

Just a question

How do you know what Lowe does all week and what meetings he attends ? Unless anybody on this site is stalking him, other than possibly Vidmar none of us would have much of an idea of what he is up too during the week

Actually I lie, he was sitting in front of me at Origin 2 at Suncorp, had a big group of Manly sponsors around as well, so I can tell you what he got up too that night haha

Frogz link said:
Bluetongue....Is that our home ground?????.

According to Foxsports and NRL websites it is.They show Manly as the home team,therefore,our home ground (even if it is by default)!

Matabele link said:
LG are complete crap.  Just Goldmark re-branded.  They look good on Sharks shirts.
..lol mata  ;D.. yeah i know they were formerly goldstar  now they are lifes good lol...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6