News: Enough is enough, declares Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus link said:
We should all turn up to the first game at Brookie with tshirts and banners saying \"Enough is Enough... Resign Now Gallop!\".

I like the one another poster had "What a load of Gallop"

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299643851[/time]

MadMarcus link said:
We should all turn up to the first game at Brookie with tshirts and banners saying \"Enough is Enough... Resign Now Gallop!\".

I like the one another poster had "What a load of Gallop"

I have another point : Manly is not complaining about the punishment per say, they are complaining that the punishment is not consistent with the standards now being applied.

Gallop said we should have appealed 2 years ago, how do you appeal inconsistency before their is another case to compare it too? It wasn't inconsistent 2 years ago, it only became inconsistent when he failed to hold others to the 'high' standard he placed on Brett.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Who is the winner out of this.....not Gallop and certainly not Manly...whilst I understand everyone's issues (and have them myself as well) what is all this proving?? and what will all this do to our on field performance??

Will we achieve a Gallop resignation....I doubt it.

Will Gallop back down....I doubt it.

We've made our point and from here I'd just like to move on and let the football do the talking.

The winner will be the new IC and the game itself.

The new IC when they realise they need to jetison deadwood.

The games players when policies are in place that ensure the same thing doesnt happen to the next NRL player caught up in the windstorm of false accusations and the politics of NRL public relations.

Look there is more than one way to skin a cat. While gallop may have difficulty apolagising he could still send a clear meessage of support. Brett was proven innocent. While footy players play up, society can cause footy players problems as well and the NRL should do more to support victims within there own organisation rather than victims of the organisation. Maybe time is right for the NRL to anounce a players plan or strategy to help protect and defend players targetted , or even reimburse them if proven innocent. After all they are targeted due to there workplace on many occasions. and no other reason.

Both are equally important

I once had gallop as a facebook friend and when mattai and choc got a smacking from some society thugs i sent him a message. At the time i said it was the perfect opportunity for the NRL to step in and support there assests. Too send a clear message to the players that they wont tolerate any rubbish caused by players but would support them if they were targeted.

I did it very tastefully, not at all agressive and  i was then deleted for those comments. Not that i care of course but it was his reaction to an idea from a fan

On that day i knew that it was going to be hard for stewie

He is obviously trying to say lets all just forget about knowing 15 other clubs dont give a rats ass because as usual we were the team on the wrong end of it all. That crater faced monkey should come foward with a huge apology, cheque for $100,000 & maybe compensation & confess to the fans he got it wrong. This Marshall incident is probably way more common than we know but what pisses me off most is please tell us what Stewart done besides copping a false allegation & being judged guilty for no damn reason. Tell us what he supposedly done because while Gallop says it happened a whole 2 years ago it must have been worse than assault, pi#sing in public, jumping on cars -What the hell did he do????

Matt K link said:
please tell us what Stewart done besides copping a false allegation & being judged guilty for no damn reason. What the hell did he do????

MK, this is from another thread here called Does Gallop/NRL have a case to answer. Hope it explains it:

Todays events have now condensed the entire issue to one critical point. That being the MWSE report in which it states that at “18.00pm Brett Stewart was asked to leave Main Bar due to intoxication”. This, & only this, is what Gallop is now stating as the reason for Brett Stewarts suspension. Specifically not the sexual assualt allegation.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=186735.msg321197#msg321197 date=1299644334]
please tell us what Stewart done besides copping a false allegation & being judged guilty for no damn reason. What the hell did he do????

MK, this is from another thread here called Does Gallop/NRL have a case to answer. Hope it explains it:

Todays events have now condensed the entire issue to one critical point. That being the MWSE report in which it states that at “18.00pm Brett Stewart was asked to leave Main Bar due to intoxication”. This, & only this, is what Gallop is now stating as the reason for Brett Stewarts suspension. Specifically not the sexual assualt allegation.

[/quote]
Appreciate that JC but still find it puzzling it cost the club huge $$$- unsettled the team-the 4 week ban & being told to leave a bar......most players in the comp would have commited this offence & some recently proven - Much worse. Hmmmm something still dodgy at the highest level it seems.

What Manly have asked for is Gallop to stop using Stewart's name every time he stands up and discusses his decisions re genuine offenders. That was and is a fair ask. His stance is to rubbish him all over again and insist that the NRL's position was the only course open to them. Stuff that.

I love both "Enough is Enough Gallop" and "What a load of Gallop".

I haven't felt this fired up for a very long time. I won't be satisfied until he is removed. I am well past any conciliation.

It's clear that Gallop isn't going to apologise to Manly or admit to handling the situation badly. Every case is handled differently and just proves the point that the NRL needs an independent commission and not one person handing down decisions.

Stewart's name repeatedly being brought up when an off-field incident occurs with an NRL player is mainly the Australian meda's fault for comparison and a defamation case should be brought against the worse offenders for what was printed/aired during the event.

I hope the team and coach are ready for round 1 and the season ahead and they use it as motivation not a distraction.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=186735.msg321197#msg321197 date=1299644334]

[/quote]

The licensing police have already looked at the CCTV and decided that there was no breach of the RSA act.  It is not a crime to be refused service and asked to leave a bar.

If the NRL banned every player who has ever been asked to leave a bar then the refs would be very lonely on game days.  If they suspended every journalist who has been asked to leave a bar then there would be no newspapewrs.

If the NRL wishes to hide behind the intoxication claim then there would be evidence taken by the police at the scene of that other matter.

Couple that with the fact Brett didnt breach the code of conduct at any other point that night then we have the answer.

All having grown up in Manly, we know how easy it is to be asked to leave a bar down there.

I walked into the Steyne one evening, walked straight in, went to the toilet then went straight to the bar, a drink had not touched my lips that night yet at all, not even on the way there.

I was refused service and asked to leave, was quite amusing and was heading to the city that night anyway for a concert, so just laughed it off and told my mates I would meet them at the pub in the city :)

But my point is. It is not hard to be asked to leave from some of those bars down there

Bottom line, Gallop knows he's wrong but won't admit it...it's a stalemate and going no where...he won't resign and won't be sacked.

I hate it all as much as you do but it's time we talked about football instead, the last month has my head in a spin...first Lowe now Gallop.

I refer to him as 'The Undertaker' because he would be the perfect front man for a funeral home. Even when he has great news to announce he makes it sound like there has been a death in the family.

So, apart from him being incompetent he is totally the wrong image for rugby league, the most lively exciting game in the world. No point in paying big money for Bon Jovi to brighten and broaden the game's appeal when this bloke's dour mush is everywhere...
and his voice.... eeeek

Jatz Crackers link said:
Waiting for Rex to chime in with:

All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

And he'd be right in stating that but sadly for every one of us that hates his guts...there's others out there that think he's doing a great job...and he's set himself up beautifully to be the first CEO of the IC....so I fear with are stuck with him...for the time being!

Excellent article this one

Sea Eagles and star have every right to feel aggrieved Richard Hinds
March 9, 2011

The legal system is no Tour de France. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Eighteen months passed from when Manly star Brett Stewart was accused of sexual assault until the jury returned a verdict of not guilty. A standard time frame for the courts; an age for the impatient media. Inevitably, rather than providing pause for mature contemplation of the facts as they emerged, the legal process created a vacuum to be filled by scuttlebutt, character assassination and the censor-free chat-room lies, rumour and innuendo.

By the time Stewart's innocence was established, the reputation of the one-time golden boy had been dragged through the sewer. After Benji Marshall allegedly punched a man outside a city McDonald's, it took less than 24 hours for truth and fiction to start bumping heads. Why did Benji cross the road? Because he was racially vilified? Because his pride was dented by an unflattering comparison with Darren Lockyer?

Advertisement: Story continues below Given the conflicting versions, and Marshall's protestation of innocence, the NRL has wisely left the matter in the hands of the courts. Only after justice has been served will David Gallop decide if Marshall deserves a second helping. In that context, you can understand the indignation of the Manly officials whose veins popped in recent days as first Todd Carney, then Marshall, escaped suspension despite admissions (Carney), and accusations (Marshall), of criminal misconduct. Where was the comforting arm wrapped around Carney, or the wait-and-see caution afforded Marshall, when Stewart was up to his neck in it?

Manly are also justified in believing Stewart's four-week suspension, supposedly imposed by the NRL for his launch-party drunkenness - not the sexual misconduct charges - had a significant influence on public opinion. The interpretation was that Stewart was in serious trouble, and the NRL had acted swiftly to remove him from the spotlight.

Manly claim, passionately, that Stewart was not as drunk as the NRL - and the four-week ban - suggested. And that the impression created by the suspension was hugely detrimental at they tried to defend Stewart in the court of public opinion.

Yet, even allowing for that, it is staggering that on the eve of a season in which Manly can finally distance themselves from past troubles, the Sea Eagles have been drawn into the Carney and Marshall cases. Again, while Manly's anger at perceived double standards is understandable, surely the NRL and the Sea Eagles should have cleared the air in the more than five months since Stewart's acquittal.

The NRL might not be able to endure the embarrassment of a public about-face on the Stewart ban given its continuing struggle to impose disciplinary standards. It might even maintain - as David Gallop did on Monday - it was right in banning Stewart for his allegedly poor behaviour at the club launch. But, at the very least, the league should have smoked the peace pipe with Manly and tried to have the Sea Eagles understand its rationale.

Stewart, the NRL could argue, was the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not so much a victim of a knee-jerk response, but the martyr who suffered for the sins of a generation of misbehaving players. The miscreants who virtually forced the league to come down hard when its poster boy was added - unfairly, the courts decided - to the list of ''NRL bad boys''. It should be remembered the NRL endured unbearable pressure to punish Stewart. Some of that pressure was exerted by those who now wonder why he was banned and Marshall has been allowed to play. At the time, the symptom-by-symptom treatment of the game's disciplinary disease had failed.

Stewart was the victim of behavioural chemotherapy, a bombastic approach that can destroy healthy as well as diseased cells.

Despite everything, some small good seems to have came from that sad case. We now know that when the world is demanding a rush to judgment, it is not always a sign of strong leadership to head the stampede. No consolation, of course, to Stewart who became collateral damage in the battle to improve the game's reputation.

I can't believe how childish this has become.  Wouldn't it be in Gallop's best interest to sit down and discuss this privately with Brett to try and end this once and for all?  I thought he more than anyone else would want to move on from this and focus on footy.  Come on, the season starts in just over 2 days time.  Oh but maybe, just maybe Gallop's comments don't have any legs and he doesn't want to face Brett.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4