News: Fans hand out a $25m war chest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually quite like the hats...great for keeping the sun out of the eyes on the Hill on a Sunday arvo game.

I was at South Curly nippers this morning and saw 3 different people wearing members hats which was great to see!!

I think the whole "red v" gimmicky thing the dragons do works really well.. I like the "red v is me" line. Creates a fun image in being a member I think.

Canteen Worker link said:
Jethro - all those things that the clubs supply with memberships are manufactured overseas and probably only cost about $10.

You are probably right about them being made overseas BUT, like I said, they should be an optional extra.  $69 - $10 - Price of packaging and posting - manhours $$$ to pack said extras for posting etc. will still end up as being less than the suggested $50. 

I am not one of the ones who are only into the "What's In It For Me".  I don't care what's in it for me. 

I'm only after a cut price membership package (with none of those added extras if I don't want them) so that I can contribute towards the club and at the very least only have membership recognition. 

What do you get when you join say an RSL club (and no, I'm not a member of one of them either but I was many years ago)?  Do they give you extra bits and pieces that you can wear or stickers to advertise their club to put on your car?  No, they just give you a badge with a member number or a member's card which allows you a few discounts inside the club. 

Everyone's financial situation is different.  Me, I've been out of work for a bit over 12 months since we moved up to Hervey Bay.  We are currently only a one wage family and finances are tight but if there was such a cut price package that I am talking about then I am sure that I could scrounge up enough to possibly pay for a low cost package of say $50 that has been suggested over the next 10 to 12 months for next year's membership.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182472.msg252270#msg252270 date=1266744100]

Jethro - all those things that the clubs supply with memberships are manufactured overseas and probably only cost about $10.

You are probably right about them being made overseas BUT, like I said, they should be an optional extra.  $69 - $10 - Price of packaging and posting - manhours $$$ to pack said extras for posting etc. will still end up as being less than the suggested $50. 

I am not one of the ones who are only into the "What's In It For Me".  I don't care what's in it for me. 

I'm only after a cut price membership package (with none of those added extras if I don't want them) so that I can contribute towards the club and at the very least only have membership recognition. 

What do you get when you join say an RSL club (and no, I'm not a member of one of them either but I was many years ago)?  Do they give you extra bits and pieces that you can wear or stickers to advertise their club to put on your car?  No, they just give you a badge with a member number or a member's card which allows you a few discounts inside the club. 

Everyone's financial situation is different.  Me, I've been out of work for a bit over 12 months since we moved up to Hervey Bay.  We are currently only a one wage family and finances are tight but if there was such a cut price package that I am talking about then I am sure that I could scrounge up enough to possibly pay for a low cost package of say $50 that has been suggested over the next 10 to 12 months for next year's membership.

[/quote]

How is this - present your season ticket or pass @ the leagues club (or club in SUnshine Coast), and get a 15% discount off each beer / drink?

Encourages people to go to The Leagues club as well.

PS: I LOOOVE Hervey Bay mate !! Recently stayed at Peppers Pier resort, and went to that resteraunt / pub out front - beautiful !!!

Good points Jethro.

The fact of having to join the Football Club and then sign up to be a Manly Sea Eagles member is also confusing. Joining the football club basically gets you membership of the Leagues Cliub without voting rights but it is all confusing - though there are historical reasons (and others) for the situation to be this way. I do note the Screaming Eagles name has been dropped.

In the end, people join for different reasons, though most relate to supporting the club. You can get cheaper gear at Peter Wynn's, though early access to Semi Tickets is the big one for me!!! (as well as wishing to support the Sea Eagles.)

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182472.msg252270#msg252270 date=1266744100]

[/quote]
G'day Jethro,
Just got off the phone from the club re membership, and they were happy to exchange the cost of postage for the extra bits and pieces that I said i didn't need, so in essence I ended up outlaying $69 for a maroon membership which is basically a membership card and the feeling that I belong, which is all that I was after.

Our marketing department is run by people with limited marketing knowledge (not their fault) and until the club invests some serious $$ into marketing resources we will never have an acceptable number of members.

manlyborn link said:
G'day Jethro,
Just got off the phone from the club re membership, and they were happy to exchange the cost of postage for the extra bits and pieces that I said i didn't need, so in essence I ended up outlaying $69 for a maroon membership which is basically a membership card and the feeling that I belong, which is all that I was after.

Hi manlyborn. I'm just a little confused by what you have just written.  Maybe I'm just reading it wrong but isn't the Maroon Membership $69 anyway with all of the extras included so how have they exchanged anything?

Hi Jethro, I just swapped the cap and the lanyard for the postage cost, I won't be attending the first free game so if anyone wants a free ticket just give me a yell.
I know it wasn't much difference monetary wise but it showed that they were flexible to take on new members.
To those who may think my behaviour is that of a cheapskate , that's not the case, I'm just a single dad and have to balance my wants and needs accordingly....cheers.

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=182472.msg252188#msg252188 date=1266538795]
I refuse to become a member until seat C23 in the Jane Try stand is painted orange. 

What about if we can organise you a date with snake?
[/quote] I'm in!

clontaago link said:
Our marketing department is run by people with limited marketing knowledge (not their fault) and until the club invests some serious $$ into marketing resources we will never have an acceptable number of members.
  Very good point.

From MWSE there appears to be change on the way in the membership dept - Aaron is moving on, not word of a replacement yet.

We should recruit his replacement out of Victoria.

On the subject of Aaron, I'm not sure how many of you remember the wasteland that was MWSE before he took it over.  Credit to the bloke for lifting the website and other associated areas to an acceptable level.  Before that he was webmaster of One Eyed Eagles which was the largest unofficial supporters site at the time and dwarfed silvertails.  I guess silvertails has inherited that mantle.

But credit where credit is due and many thanks to Aaron.

Well done to Aaron. Best wishes for the future!

Manlyborn, I would be happy to accept your ticket to the first game if it is still available.

Matabele link said:
On the subject of Aaron, I'm not sure how many of you remember the wasteland that was MWSE before he took it over.  Credit to the bloke for lifting the website and other associated areas to an acceptable level.  Before that he was webmaster of One Eyed Eagles which was the largest unofficial supporters site at the time and dwarfed silvertails.  I guess silvertails has inherited that mantle.

But credit where credit is due and many thanks to Aaron.

Totally agree with those comments. Congratulations Aaron on your achievements over at MWSE. I'm sure that they will be sorry to see you go.

(does this also mean that
OneEyedEagle.jpg
may rear it's head again?)

I concur with what Mata said Aaron if you read this. You turned that site from a dinasaur, into what I would suggest would be one of the best Rugby League sites today.

Everything aside, I look forward to seeing you on the hill, and having a beer (or a lemon squash in my case) - cheering on The ol' Eagles.

Supplementary to that, I also believe membership (and everything about it) is much better today, than it has EVER been.

And that's what life is about, right guys. Legacy. The Eagles are better for having you in their organization. You should be proud.

I have a confession to make....

I read this site once or twice a week - and i NEVER EVER go to the MWSE site.  I have never heard ONE THING about membership from this club.  I have been going to games since i was 9 years old, went to school across the road, and i get a ferry from Manly to the City EVERY DAY. 

I love my club, i love the area.  I have been a member of the leagues club. 

But there is ZERO incentive for me to join..... Other than to make a "donation".  Who the F wants to make a friggin donation????? I don't go to ,y local pub and say "here is $70, just wanted you to have it because i like you to be here...."

We live in an age where people demand value for money.  We (I), and more than happy to pay money if i get value from something.  I need to know it exists, and i need to know what i get out of it.  these are cornerstones of marketing......

I feel like i support an amateur club sometimes......

Canteen Worker link said:
Well done to Aaron. Best wishes for the future!

Manlyborn, I would be happy to accept your ticket to the first game if it is still available.
Hi Canteen, I received a prompt email yesterday saying my membership will arrive in about a week. As soon as it gets here I will pm you and send it on...cheers

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182472.msg252343#msg252343 date=1266842403]
Hi Canteen, I received a prompt email yesterday saying my membership will arrive in about a week. As soon as it gets here I will pm you and send it on...cheers
[/quote]
Just note guys that the entrance to the first game is coded into your 2010 Membership card, it doesn't come as a seperate ticket. That means manlyborn if you needed or wanted your card for any reason then CW would need to return it to you. Cheers.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6