News: France-bound Farrar hoping to be back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p><strong> </strong>DEPARTING Manly utility back Ben Farrar is hopeful he will one day return to the Sea Eagles, after confirming he has joined French club Catalans for the next 12 months.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5158-france-bound-farrar-hoping-to-be-back.html">Read the full article</a>

Moondog link said:
Farrar was a great signing for us. He's still young, I'd love to see him back in Manly colours!
well said. He was very good for us. Sad to see him leave but clearly we couldn't table a satisfactory enough offer. Good luck to the kid. He gave his all.

Deserves the paid holiday, I'd imagine he's been busting his gut at minimum wage.

Good on him, hope he's back soon

I am still struggling to understand why he was let go ?

To see him busting a**e trying to catch Gasnier with the game all but over and no chance of winning, showed his committment to the club.

Too many players are leaving , it's just not right.

When he comes back he will take Robbo's job, expect 2011 to be his final year with us.

He said to us at the leagues club after the Dogs game at Brookie that the plan was for him to go over there just for the year then come back. Hope that is the case.

dceagle link said:
I am still struggling to understand why he was let go ?

To see him busting a**e trying to catch Gasnier with the game all but over and no chance of winning, showed his committment to the club.

Too many players are leaving , it's just not right.

That says it all really. He always put in 100% every match.

I was clinging to a tiny hope he'd be staying as he told me last week there was still a small chance of that.  Now I'm shattered........

Guys i mean this in the nicest way possible, but assuming Brett gets off his case, where would Ben fit in anyway?
Imo our best backline is
Stewart, Robbo, Lyon, Matai, Williams with Oldfield and Hoppa covering any injuries.

Sad to see him go. I hope he is making lots of $$$$ in France and comes back to finish out his career with the sea eagles.

Cambo link said:
Can he stay and we send Chris failey to France

Couldn't agree more. There are half a dozen players at least that I would sacrifice for Farrar. At least he gave all he had for us - which for the most part was fantastic!

Innes link said:
Guys i mean this in the nicest way possible, but assuming Brett gets off his case, where would Ben fit in anyway?
Imo our best backline is
Stewart, Robbo, Lyon, Matai, Williams with Oldfield and Hoppa covering any injuries.

Maybe that is our strongest backline but have a look at it, only one of those players has consistently stayed on the field over the last couple of years, Robbo. Stewart's knees have both gone and he has played a few matches in 2 years, Wolfman had chronic injuries before he came to us and then in his 3rd year with us couldn’t get on the field, Lyon has had plenty of ankle and shoulder injuries which have seen him miss several weeks each year, and Matai has chronic neck/shoulder problems not to mention his issues with suspensions. Hoppa also seems to be rather injury prone in his short stint in the under 20s and 1st grade. If we run into a few injuries in the backs next year, which given their histories is highly likely, we'll be in real strife.

Farrar could slot into any position in the backline and gave it his all. I also think he could have been used as a backup hooker/half off the bench if we had a full strength backline. It’s a real shame that he is going. It would be good to see him come back after next year.

mcatt link said:
[quote author=Innes link=topic=185365.msg295208#msg295208 date=1284547103]
Imo our best backline is

If we run into a few injuries in the backs next year, which given their histories is highly likely, we'll be in real strife.

Farrar could slot into any position in the backline and gave it his all. 
[/quote]

That's exactly why I didn't want him to go.  Hope he's back sooner rather than later.

Maybe Robbo is due for a stint in the old dart  after this next coming season, and Matai to the backrow to make it more aggressive and mobile? That way, Oldfield / Whare can slot in.

Hoppe at fullback if Brett is unable to play due to injury.

Farrar was tested by opponents early in the season under the high ball. An obvious weakness in his game at that time. Not only he did he overcome this he became a more assured player all round.

Hi time OS should broaden his skills as well. All the best to him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8