News: Gallop goads Manly again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus said:
He has once again proven he is an A grade knob.

I didn't think it was possible but after reading that I detest the bloke even more than I did before.
Totally agree. It's getting ridiculous now. A bright yet incompetent man unable to admit that he made many errors.

either gallop has to say sorry or manly have to admit the report was rushed flawed whatever.
If gallop is to endlessly hang his hat on 2 or 3 sentences in the report Manly compiled, they need to get legal advice and prove that stewie and manly has been delt with differently to everyone else. If not there is no way this will ever improve

Its time to act, or move on i feel . I accept this will be difficult for stewie but unless he is happy to continue taking the piss, without ever expecting it to be resolved, he has not many options as far as i see

Having one person spasmodicly decide punishment with out any set agendas or guidelines seems to be unrealistic to me, and should be challenged. After all gallops reporting of the situation is how he walked the hallway at 3am deciding, cant imagine any other NRL honchos in the pyjama there with him, or can I

MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
can only hope as he crosses the street after his visit to the toolshed he gets hit by a bus

Or even better if he got hit by Todd Carney driving DUI without a licence.

and then bounces onto the other side of the road and is cleaned up by Rebecca Wilson driving the opposite direction and also DUI.

he`s a f**n dick.. he should be the one ringing up & apologising.. fool.. 2weeks after the court case it should have happened .. we should have got back our 100,000 dollars fine and an apology within 2 weeks after the court case.. & Brett should have been made the face of league this year, if not this year next year definitely..

Jethro said:
MadMarcus said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
can only hope as he crosses the street after his visit to the toolshed he gets hit by a bus

Or even better if he got hit by Todd Carney driving DUI without a licence.

and then bounces onto the other side of the road and is cleaned up by Rebecca Wilson driving the opposite direction and also DUI.

This is a terrible thing to say I am appalled at this sort of talk.......

You forgot to add that Rebecca Wilson then proceeds to slam head on into Todd Carney.

So did he instigate the meeting with Carney (and Marshall), or vice versa?
This will only be resolved when Manly wins this year's comp, Gallop is on the victory dais to make the presentations, yet the Manly players instead of shaking his hand piss on his head and then set fire to his arse. He will then realise the truth, and spontaneously announce his apology and say he now accepts that whatever Brett did was inadvertent, he's sorry for the inconvenience to Brett and Manly. And here's your hundred grand.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
This will only be resolved when Manly wins this year's comp, Gallop is on the victory dais to make the presentations, yet the Manly players instead of shaking his hand piss on his head and then set fire to his arse. He will then realise the truth, and spontaneously announce his apology and say he now accepts that whatever Brett did was inadvertent, he's sorry for the inconvenience to Brett and Manly. And here's your hundred grand.

bloody oath mate.. he should be snubbed if we make it to the last game of the season & win it..

Without starting a political bunfight, this reminds me a lot of John Howard and the stolen generations. Howard wouldn't apologise on principle as he wasn't responsible for what happened (oversimplified) and stuck to his guns and beliefs. Rudd apologised and the fire went out of the issue (with not much change or the feared legal action etc).

It was a symbolic gesture but took it off the front pages.

If Gallop could be a man, apologise to Stewart and move on, there would be no story and at least a start to mended relationships. His pride and ego, plus an inability to see that he was wrong, is the problem.

silvertail said:
A bright yet incompetent man unable to admit that he made many errors.

Two of these assertions regarding David "Call me, OK?" Gallop - "bright", "incompetent", "unable to admit he made errors" - are correct; one isn't. Guess which one.

And the answer two last week's quiz was David Gallop. The other two were straight men who are not living a lie.

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

bloody oath mate.. he should be snubbed if we make it to the last game of the season & win it..

I was the same but it lower us to a scum sucking News Lawyer standard's.

So I propose this anyone ever played UNCLE with family member's? I propose that but 25 times on one guy!

Zorba was responsible for compiling the report for the NRL, regarding the dramas at the season launch in 09.
Parts of that report were probably incorrect but it still ultimately came from the Sea Eagles. Someone at the club made a judgement call to try and quell the events of the evening and rather than putting all the focus on stupidmoughs slapping of the sponsor and degrading treatment of the sponsors daughter, they made a bad call. The club thought they could use Brett as the 'clean skin' to take the heat believing he will not be punished.
This does not excuse Gallop's non apology stance but oh how it helps to have your nephew own the joint when you're a media manager that can't submit a factual report. Zorba should have copped the bullet and the heat would have been off Brett.

WAMF said:
Zorba was responsible for compiling the report for the NRL, regarding the dramas at the season launch in 09.
Parts of that report were probably incorrect but it still ultimately came from the Sea Eagles. Someone at the club made a judgement call to try and quell the events of the evening and rather than putting all the focus on stupidmoughs slapping of the sponsor and degrading treatment of the sponsors daughter, they made a bad call. The club thought they could use Brett as the 'clean skin' to take the heat believing he will not be punished.
This does not excuse Gallop's non apology stance but oh how it helps to have your nephew own the joint when you're a media manager that can't submit a factual report. Zorba should have copped the bullet and the heat would have been off Brett.

Wow, if thats true then its extremely poor form. I've always wanted to find out more about our clubs report, the contents, the author, who signed off on it, etc. It sounds like we are as much to blame for Bretts suspension than the NRL if our internal report but Brett in the firing line. To me its a bit hypocritical of us calling for Gallop to make a public apology if we don't do the same thing.

Masked Eagle said:
WAMF said:

Wow, if thats true then its extremely poor form. I've always wanted to find out more about our clubs report, the contents, the author, who signed off on it, etc. It sounds like we are as much to blame for Bretts suspension than the NRL if our internal report but Brett in the firing line. To me its a bit hypocritical of us calling for Gallop to make a public apology if we don't do the same thing.

Maybe the club has apologised to Brett about the report but just not openly to the media. Even if they haven't, you have to remember that the club has always publicly stood by and fully supported Brett for the whole duration up until and after his court appearance and they still do. Gallop has never given Brett the time of day and still flatly refuses to make amends and won't meet with Brett unless the club or Brett contacts him to make an appointment.

WAMF said:
Source for this wamf????

I think the CEO and chairman would have been responsible for the report to the nrl.

I'm gonnA put it too you mate that you are letting your positive opinions for our CEO then and your negative opinions of our media manager cloud your judgement on this. I as stated thousands of times was a mAssive Mayer fan and would have him back in a second but I place the contents of that report at his feet.

Also re peters he is very close to the Stewart family and wouldn't do anything detrimental to Brett or Glenn

I'm sick to death of poor old Choc copping it over the season launch incident.

I have been told in great detail by someone about 5 feet from the incident what happened. Choc did not punch a sponsor and Choc didn't start anything. He did push someone away that came at him first. I suggest in future posters on here refrain from defaming a soft target.

Jethro said:
Masked Eagle said:
WAMF said:

Maybe the club has apologised to Brett about the report but just not openly to the media. Even if they haven't, you have to remember that the club has always publicly stood by and fully supported Brett for the whole duration up until and after his court appearance and they still do. Gallop has never given Brett the time of day and still flatly refuses to make amends and won't meet with Brett unless the club or Brett contacts him to make an appointment.

The club may have indeed apologised to Snake in private, but IMO if what WAMF has said is true then they need to do so publically. Its hypocritical to say they want an NRL apology in public but not admitting their own failings at the same time.

Masked Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Masked Eagle said:
WAMF said:

The club may have indeed apologised to Snake in private, but IMO if what WAMF has said is true then they need to do so publically. Its hypocritical to say they want an NRL apology in public but not admitting their own failings at the same time.
No disrespect to wamf but I see his post as pure misguided speculation

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4