News: Manly boss takes swipe at sting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously is there better way to learn than by example.

Better a cop teaching them a lesson than a 16 yo school girl.

kurri eagle link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=186509.msg316965#msg316965 date=1298263374]
[quote author=kurri eagle link=topic=186509.msg316963#msg316963 date=1298263284]
Why could'nt he of complained about this to the Australian media ?

I believe he just did... how else would they have got this story.
[/quote]
From Kiwi Eagle out of the NZ Sunday Times
[/quote]

Apologies, after re-reading I now see the word Australian in your statement.

As I said in an earlier post, everyone should see the movie 'Catfish', creepy and sad at the same time.  A lesson for all those who seek relationships on the web.   

sorry I don't know how to link this article in but this pretty much explains how Manly have been singled out and stitched up

AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE TO CLARIFY MEDIA INACCURACIES ABOUT ONLINE EDUCATION SEMINARS FOR NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE CLUBS
18 February 2011
Australian Government News
HTAUGN
English
Copyright 2011. HT Media Limited. All rights reserved.
CANBERRA, ACT, Feb. 18 -- Australian Federal Police issued the following media release:

The Australian Federal Police would like to clarify inaccuracies in media reporting about the online education seminars it presents to National Rugby League clubs.

The seminars are conducted by the AFP's High Tech Crime Prevention team, which also delivers online education initiatives such as the ThinkUKnow program to Australian schools.

The initiative with the NRL is an extension of the AFP's partnership with the NRL/Rugby League Player's Association (RLPA) Education & Welfare program. The seminars focus on giving players advice about privacy on social networking sites and protecting their personal and financial information.

The program was piloted when the NRL invited the AFP to give online safety seminars to each of the Under 20 Toyota Cup squads as part of the 2010 NRL Rookie Camps. Following positive feedback from players and clubs, the NRL invited the AFP to deliver the same presentation to every NRL team.

The AFP rejects claims in an article in The Sunday Telegraph on 13 February, 2011, that an undercover AFP Federal Agent had been "flirting" and making "sexual advances" to players online, attempting to trick NRL players into releasing personal information.

Since conducting these seminars, the AFP has adhered to the strictest confidentiality to ensure the privacy of players is not compromised. The AFP has not, and will not, discuss specific content of the seminars publicly.

Additionally, the AFP member presenting these seminars is not a sworn officer and is not "hired" by the NRL as The Sunday Telegraph's article claims.

The AFP has welcomed the chance to cooperate with the NRL, which should be congratulated on taking the proactive step to protect the online welfare of its players. Other sports such as AFL and rugby union have approached the AFP about conducting similar programs.

Any suggestions that Manly players had acted inappropriately in any way during this education exercise is a complete misrepresentation of what was a positive experience for everyone.

For any query with respect to this article or any other content requirement, please contact Editor at [email protected]

Thanks MissKate.

Just what is Lowe going on about when he is quoted in the original article?:

"Rather than Lowe being angry with the allegedly caught-out players, he was "disappointed in the manner in which the whole thing was done".

"They (the players) were entrapped," he told Sunday News. "They were just young people.

"I certainly believe that everybody has to be very socially aware of what they're getting themselves in for... but I just believe it was very unfair and mischievous the way they did it."

He is off side with Warringah Council. Is he now off side with the AFP?

And offside with most fans.  So out of his depth he might as well be swimming in the Brisbane River in mid January.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186509.msg317126#msg317126 date=1298326710]
And offside with most fans.  So out of his depth he might as well be swimming in the Brisbane River in mid January.

To soon asshat
[/quote]

Didn't realise the 20 year wait period for comedy applied to this?

Shane, just google Satire for me quickly

Matabele link said:

Another cheap shot to satisfy your self-serving agendas Matas?

Where's the perspective?

Where's the outrage at the DT and News Ltd? Instead of attacking the source, you attack our own again?

A reminder of the AFP quote:
http://www.afp.gov.au/media-centre/news/afp/2011/february/AFPs-online-seminars-with-NRL-clubs.aspx

"Any suggestions that Manly players had acted inappropriately in any way during this education exercise is a complete misrepresentation of what was a positive experience for everyone."

Who published the misleading and untrue story? News Ltd
Who published the story you are now relying on to attack Manly's CEO?  News Ltd

Do you ever learn?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4