News: Manly can't afford Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah agree maroon and white. His defense was just incredible, his starch in our line will only encourage some of the others to lift their game

For sure. People remember all the tries he scored, but I'd bet he probably stopped around half that number from being scored against us. Outstanding whether he was cleaning up or putting on a big hit.

I have seen no other player reinvent himself like beaver did. In his final years he became one of the best offloaders in the game and his usually great defence stiffened up and he became a hit merchant. When he was captain back in the beagles days he wasnt ready but he is a leader now and a bloody fine one at that

If i was a blues selector i would have got Menzies and buderus back from england this year as the blues lacked leaders as well

You just cant buy this stuff. The last one of these types on the market was Ben Kennedy

The amount of "cleaning up" he did in the back play and support play in attack, made him the legend he was. He could play 70% of the back rowers in the game of the break...STILL!!!
If it was good enough to let Terry Hill come back when he was crippled and overweight, surely you would give Beaver a job of the bench.
I bet Mighty Max will have another interpretation than "ask lowie"

Spot on.

And great players...and he is a GREAT player, don't lose their chops especially as he has still been playing...and scoring tries, and making tackles...We're not talking about a Gasnier return here. Beaver doesn't need to learn how to play the game again!

If it doesn't happen fine-but some of these arse wipes in the front office better make it look like they at least tried. It is the least they owe him!!!

F...ing administrator's-better of letting some of the forum identities run the club. Couldn't hurt surely.

Yes, I appreciate that it's not like he played for no monetary reward during his outstanding career, but Manly still owe him for all the years that Steve Menzies WAS Manly! Just imagine, and it's not beyond happening, if another NRL club were to come up with an offer for him for next year. He probably wouldn't take it, given his loyalty to Manly, but who could blame him if the powers that be at Brookvale passed him over.

If Beaver ever played for another NRL club besides Manly,I would become physically ill...

Piss Bailey off and sign The Mighty Beaver!!!!

really if the club dont look at every avenue to TRY & SERIOUSLY  lure beaver back then somethings not right !!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP LOWE !!!!!!!!!!!

It's just hard to understand how they can say "we can't afford him". Have they even asked how much he wants? I can't see him asking for an extravagant amount.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNLzoAcImfI
[/youtube]

The move he puts on for David Williams try at 1:09 -> 1:14 or so in this clip is nothing but awesome. This guys had so much skill, time and composure

From that video, I would actually take Orford back too they had a great combo

Thanks for that link Dan!!!
Reinforces how great the Beaver was/is...
That GF try still brings a tear to my eye after seeing it atleast 50 times.

Just look at that combination Orford Stewart Menzies. The reason why we are a shadow of 2008.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6