News: Max: Time for peace and harmony

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look, I read the other day that under Saint Grant the income for the Eagles went from 9 mill in 2006 to 12 mill this year.  For a team that in 2006 was nowhere, to a team that made the GF in 2007 and won it in 2008 by a record margin  imo this isn't such a great leap.  I know some of you are wedded to this guy, but realistically CEOs come and go.  Sure some are better at it than others, but there are people out there who could have, and will do just as good a job, and maybe, just maybe, do it better.  Lets get behind the club and see what happens.  Throwing insults around will get us nowhere.   

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Possible peace Plan.

Max Delmege to step aside from the board appointing another Delmege person (not neccesarily another Delmege) in his place, still retains his share of voting BUT potentially takes away the drama's attached for a new CEO.

Scott Penn steps down as Chairman but retains board position, again same reason as above.

Football Club rep to take position of Chairman of the new board.

AND here's the \"curved ball\".

The Football Club person to be a woman......seconded to the board to replace Kerry Sibraa who has resigned.

Some have suggested Sarah Murdoch but that won't happen (she doesn't have the time nor is in the country enough)......perhaps one of the high profile \"Eagles Angels\".......I don't have a full list of them, maybe a Layne Beachley or Melinda Gainsford????

We'd be the first club to appoint a woman as Chairman........AND, if anyone can \"broker a peace\" it might be one of those ladies!!!

Just an idea......any thoughts everyone???
  I had misread this as *what was going to happen* rather than a proposal.  Hence the curt one-liner.  My bad.

However, of all the proposals being put forward - they do seem reasonably complicated. 

I would suggest there is one critical question that needs to be answered and then resolved before anything can really be decided about the club's shape going forward.

Are the differences between Delmege and Penn reconcilable?

If they are not then one or the other should buy the other out for a reasonable price.  Whilst ever there is disagreement and impasse between the two parties, everyone else is just caught in the crossfire - players, staff, fans, FC members etc etc etc.

Beyond the resolution on that issue, I would suggest there is great merit in researching the structures for other privately owned entities.  How does it work for Man Utd for instance?  Or some of the big NFL entities?  Surely there must be lessons in their success for us?

I just think the current structure is convoluted, it has grown organically and is designed to address several insecurities from several directions.  Perhaps it's far better to throw out the whole current structure and start again along the lines of succesful models elsewhere?

The only thing that would be not negotiable in terms of retention would be that Manly stays put.  But even this would need to be considered in light of the Brookvale upgrade.  If all the energies gone into recent in-fighting had gone into lobbying governments for funding it would have been no bad thing. 

Matabele link said:
I had misread this as *what was going to happen*

I had originally done the same thing until other posters had commentated on it.

It was headed "Possible peace Plan"

And is nothing but one persons idea...a person who is keen to see "peace and harmony" in our great club.

But it is nothing more than a concept (for discussion)!!

It was headed \"Possible peace Plan\"

And is nothing but one persons idea...a person who is keen to see \"peace and harmony\" in our great club.

But it is nothing more than a concept (for discussion)!!
  Which is what I will do forthwith.  But as I said above - I fear our current thinking is off a base of "what do we fear".  Perhaps the club structure should be thought through from a perspective of "what is best practice and/or world leading".

Finally I agree with something you have said!!

Long term we need to look at other options, and yes perhaps this is from overseas.

I am more concerned with the short term, waiting a year or two for some new fangled plan to come in could see us well and truely in the Poo.

Long term we need to look at other options, and yes perhaps this is from overseas.

I am more concerned with the short term, waiting a year or two for some new fangled plan to come in could see us well and truely in the Poo.
  And I'm of the opinion that in the short term the FC Board should be publicly called to account for putting the interests of the FC memberships ahead of the holistic picture and needs of the Manly club.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=180789.msg228765#msg228765 date=1245580071]

And I'm of the opinion that in the short term the FC Board should be publicly called to account for putting the interests of the FC memberships ahead of the holistic picture and needs of the Manly club.
[/quote]
I'm still catching up, but assume you mean 'what they perceived to be interests of the FC memberships'. Because apart from generally fostering league in the district, and overseeing the juniors... acquiring & holding shares in Sea Eagles is the stated purpose and object of the FC club...Maybe acquiring shares is easier if the FC club is stronger at the expense of Sea Eagles but then the whole structure is completely nonsensical.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180789.msg228774#msg228774 date=1245580418]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=180789.msg228765#msg228765 date=1245580071]

[/quote]
I'm still catching up, but assume you mean 'what they perceived to be interests of the FC memberships'. Because apart from generally fostering league in the district, and overseeing the juniors... acquiring & holding shares in Sea Eagles is the stated purpose and object of the FC club...Maybe acquiring shares is easier if the FC club is stronger at the expense of Sea Eagles but then the whole structure is completely nonsensical.
[/quote]  You will find my thoughts on the 3rd page of this thread.

http://www.silvertails.net/forums/topic,180798.30/

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4