News: NRL poised to strip Melbourne Storm of points over salary cap breaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No, but one could argue if all the teams were playing on a level field would it have still been a 2007 Eagles cheats gf & 2009 Eels v cheats gf, we maybe wouldn't have gotten knocked out by them last year etc

We should get the minor premiership money for the season we finished second on for and against!!!!

Gallop just said on Fox - "to Melbourne's credit they accept it in full"
Credit?? what credit, oh the credit when your sorry etc only after you've been CAUGHT. ha ha ha ha ha

Now lets see if waldron & bellamy are exposed as being involved and the names of the players that received the rorting benefits identified.

How many people do you think will walk out on the club now?

Don't celebrate too much boys.

It's News' way of killing off the Storm, leaving the NRL back in just two Australian states. If it's not a national game, they don't have to pay a national price for the TV rights. The Rebels get all the old Storm fans & Rugby League is relegated to a 2nd class, localised competition.

I smell a rat. News outing News just before News have to negotiate a contract. You tell me.

Duff link said:
Don't celebrate too much boys.

It's News' way of killing off the Storm, leaving the NRL back in just two Australian states. If it's not a national game, they don't have to pay a national price for the TV rights. The Rebels get all the old Storm fans & Rugby League is relegated to a 2nd class, localised competition.

I smell a rat. News outing News just before News have to negotiate a contract. You tell me.

Love your work,Duff  :eek: :)

Jatz Crackers link said:
Now lets see if waldron & bellamy are exposed as being involved and the names of the players that received the rorting benefits identified.

Waldron was the king rat, it will be interesting to see if any criminal charges will come from all of this.

Points to ponder:

Breached salary cap by $1.7 million over five years.  That's only averages out at around $220K per annum - not much in the operations of a footy team overall.

They will get no points this year.

They are stripped of premierships in 2007 & 2009 (However neither Manly nor P/matta will be credited with these premierships. Just confirmed by Gallop at Fox News a few minutes ago.) ::)

Advertising will now probably have to be changed with pictures of Melbourne in promos.  These should be gone.

I never thought I 'd say this and its sticking in my throat but I feel sorry for the blokes who didn't know what was going on and did their best for their club.

I just hope we are in the clear and continue to stay that way. :(

yeah agree feel bad for the blokes who played the games

I dont want the Premiership in 07, we did not win the game so it would mean nothing.  Just say we go beaten by a bunch of cheats!!!

I agree I dont want 2007 grand final. We lost the game, whether they cheated or not.
Plus I dont think the Eels deserved it last year!

I do think that the Minor Premierships for the years that were stripped from them should revert to whomever came second and the prize money should go to them also

I wonder if the players really did not know?

DO they have to disclose all 3rd party deals? If so did they disclose the deals or did they rely on the club....

Only people i feel sorry are the fans - they are the only ones who can safely say they had no idea

Any wonder sMyth decided to stick with them a few years back when the Tits were chasing him and also that other guy who's name I can't think of who had the agreement with the Tits and then went back and signed on again with the Storm and they ended up having to give the Titan's a couple of players to make up for the swap.

Also, they Storm had apparently signed Stat Decs to say that everything was above board with the finances of the club but they have turned out to be false declarations. Isn't this a crime with lawful penalties applied?

lsz link said:
I wonder if the players really did not know?
DO they have to disclose all 3rd party deals? If so did they disclose the deals or did they rely on the club....
Only people i feel sorry are the fans - they are the only ones who can safely say they had no idea
I have no doubt that some of the lesser profile players at the storm would have had no idea about the rorting of individual contracts of those higher profile cheats.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6