News: Thurston tests the water in Sydney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only nice area in Townsville it along the esplanade and annadale IMO. The 5-15mins drive between those two places is hot, dry and complely empty of a person whose IQ is > 50.

Mata i haven't been there in 5 years myself, did they get rid of the parkies yet? (Actually the last time i was up there i watched the Tigers beat em in the Grand Final  ;D ;D ;D ;D)

I was only there for the weekend.  Parkies?

They've redeveloped the entire frontage of the Ross River, called it Riverway and it's basically several km of parks, BBQs and cycleway.  Then they built a cultural centre (an oxymoron in Townsville surely) along with a 100m resort pool. 

AUSTRALIAN Test halfback Johnathan Thurston won't be banned from Queensland selection next year if he decides to defect to rugby union for 2011.

Thurston is off contract at North Queensland next season and has sent shockwaves through the NRL by declaring: "I could easily see myself being a Wallaby."

His manager is currently entertaining offers from rival clubs and codes, with reports Thurston could earn over $1 million per season in rugby.

Queensland chairman of selectors Des Morris says while a switch to rugby for Thurston would be very disappointing, it would not harm his chances of playing Origin for the Maroons next year.

"We can only pick them on their form next year, hopefully rugby league will keep him," said Morris.

While Thurston's comments could only be a smokescreen to beef up his NRL contract, his potential defection has the potential to destabilize the rampant Maroons Origin side.

"It could happen, but no one's bigger than that game," said Morris, disappointed to hear Thurston openly talking about rugby union as an option.

"From a rugby league person I am disappointed that that's how some players feel these days."

Thurston said he had to do what was best for him and if that was playing rugby, he would.

"You don't like hearing rugby league players saying that," said Morris.

"It's not as if some of these blokes are on struggle street."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6