News: Wolfie sidelined for season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
ryan you say perry is injury prone can u tell me how many games hes missed since coming to manly in 08

He's missed a few decent games Cam. Important one's if memory serves. I found some stats, and here is his missed games since 2000:-

2000: Missed 22
2001: Missed 0
2002: Missed 2
2003: Missed 4
2004: Missed 6
2005: Missed 19
2006: Missed 3
2007: Missed 10

I'll supplement that with not knowing WHY he missed those guys - may not have been injury??? He just misses games.

That being said, and after reading what I have, point taken on the loyalty key, and to be honest, yes, that would be a draw card in acquiring players, so I will some what give in on that point.

That being said, when is the line drawn in the sand guys and gals? Do we pay Brett $400k odd per annum for the next 5-6 years because we are loyal blokes? So far, we have flushed $800k + down the toilet for the last two years missed. I shudder to think of the coin that has been spent off the field here with who knows what.

Please don't get me wrong. I love Brett Stewart as a player. BIG time. Admittedly, his aura lost some brightness after the pre-season launch two years ago, but I'd always rather a Brett Stewart in our team before any other fullback to be honest (apart from maybe Billy Slater - another probably unpopular suggestion).

I'm not meaning to be slack, but could the $650k odd sitting on the sideline through serial injury prone players be the difference between a 2010 Manly Premiership, and just a runner up??? That's the big question. 

Please don't make this about me bagging a player or whatever - Brett could be anyone, and I'd be arguing the point.

Plus, imo, we have way too much depth to warrant paying these players on the sidelines. Heck:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. William Hopoate
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson

could almost do the job next year, and would be on peanuts to boot.

Moot point but Perry made his debut in round 17 of the year 2000, bit harsh to include those as missed games.

That backline inspires me with no confidence Ryan

If we want a current example of a top line player being shown some loyalty by a club, Benji Marshall is the one, and he is paying it back to them now (not on today's efforts though). If they are young enough, and obviously hugely talented, you are stupid to just cut them loose in their mid 20s when they could still come back to haunt you playing for another club

Actually, I have a better example than Marshall, I just looked at our team of the century, and saw Ben Kennedy there. Injuries played a part in Newcastle choosing other players over him, bet they regretted that when they saw what he was going for us

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183318.msg262625#msg262625 date=1273987307]
ryan you say perry is injury prone can u tell me how many games hes missed since coming to manly in 08

He's missed a few decent games Cam. Important one's if memory serves. I found some stats, and here is his missed games since 2000:-

2000: Missed 22
2001: Missed 0
2002: Missed 2
2003: Missed 4
2004: Missed 6
2005: Missed 19
2006: Missed 3
2007: Missed 10

I'll supplement that with not knowing WHY he missed those guys - may not have been injury??? He just misses games.

That being said, and after reading what I have, point taken on the loyalty key, and to be honest, yes, that would be a draw card in acquiring players, so I will some what give in on that point.

That being said, when is the line drawn in the sand guys and gals? Do we pay Brett $400k odd per annum for the next 5-6 years because we are loyal blokes? So far, we have flushed $800k + down the toilet for the last two years missed. I shudder to think of the coin that has been spent off the field here with who knows what.

Please don't get me wrong. I love Brett Stewart as a player. BIG time. Admittedly, his aura lost some brightness after the pre-season launch two years ago, but I'd always rather a Brett Stewart in our team before any other fullback to be honest (apart from maybe Billy Slater - another probably unpopular suggestion).

I'm not meaning to be slack, but could the $650k odd sitting on the sideline through serial injury prone players be the difference between a 2010 Manly Premiership, and just a runner up??? That's the big question. 

Please don't make this about me bagging a player or whatever - Brett could be anyone, and I'd be arguing the point.

Plus, imo, we have way too much depth to warrant paying these players on the sidelines. Heck:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. William Hopoate
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson

could almost do the job next year, and would be on peanuts to boot.
[/quote]
so wat ure sayin is perry hasnt missed many games at manly
i wonder why???

Hey Cambo. Has somebody hacked your account as I just noticed that your "Gender" (located below your post count) is marked as being a girl.

I'm with Ryan on this one ,cut him loose  ! ,Wolfman & Perry also.. Lets start freeing up money & injecting some of our cheap ,local , quality talent....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6