Next man up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Potential forward pack this year.

8. Aloiai
9. GKT
10. Jake T
11. Olakau'atu
12. Fainu
13. Fifita

14 Croker/ Lawton
15. Tuilagi
16. Keppie
17. Paseka
Strong line up ,
Only change would be the mistake free and competitive Fulton ahead of the volatile Keppie

My confidential informants have tipped me to the fact that Weekes has been seen training a lot at 5/8 ... (can anybody confirm) ... I would see this as possibly a measure to make him a genuine #14 prospect for this season .

If so, he may be the next man up ..

My confidential informants have tipped me to the fact that Weekes has been seen training a lot at 5/8 ... (can anybody confirm) ... I would see this as possibly a measure to make him a genuine #14 prospect for this season .

Agree Weekes is the man and I do think 14 may be his spot

Not sure on that but Seibold said himself that Weekes been training full back all off season under the tuitalage of Brett Stewart. Unless this changed recently

Not sure on that but Seibold said himself that Weekes been training full back all off season under the tuitalage of Brett Stewart. Unless this changed recently

thanks ... my son was my CI, and he said he heard it from some "blokes" in a podcast ... but it did resonate with me ...

thanks ... my son was my CI, and he said he heard it from some "blokes" in a podcast ... but it did resonate with me ...
May be right. The interview I saw was filmed around christmas/Nye. So it's possible they started training him at 5/8 also.

Some ramblings from an unoccupied mind ...

I can't see Fainu figuring in any meaningful way in '23 ... he will likely debut later in the season, but at 19 he will be brought on slow and steady ... he will make his mark in '24 ...

Fifita more likely to step up this year ... but again in will be done slow and steady .. some bench roles, with more involvement in the back end of the year ..

GKTC and Roach will fight it out for back up hooker role ... and GKTC not guaranteed to win ...

Myers ... again at 19 ... slow and steady .. next year is his .. hopefully get a debut this year ..

Alec Tu'itavake is the other young forward waiting in the wings .. turns 22 in March .. and may just steal a jump on the other young lions this year ...

Is Cooper Johns a better footballer than Croker and can he handle a high defensive workload? If so, he may eventually be a better dummy half option than Croker.

My Trial team for the Roosters

1.Weekes
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Veaga
6.Schuster
7.Johns
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bullemor

14.Chan Kum Tong
15.Keppie
16.Sipley
17.B Trbojevic
18.Harper
19.Tuipulotu
20.S Fainu
21.V Fifita
22.Condon

Is it a 22 man trial squad for the second game with unlimited interchange?

Lots of mouths to feed with Fulton and Roache probably to next two up (if Roache is available)
Looks good - add Matterson, would like to see Matterson and Roache have a go. Pity about Humphries............

Quite sure that i did notice one interview with Siebold some time ago where he suggested that Weekes would be given some pre season training as a 6 but not sure if that has eventuated . Cooper Johns short kicking game was not too bad just as a side note . Think that Latu Fainu is still 17 turning 18 sometime this season , again did not seem to play much footy last season , certainly hope that that can change this year with a lot more participation at a better lower grade level and the experience factor . How to get Weekes into the mix longer term apart from no doubt being the start up one this week . even with Garrick "s prior tenure there Sure that it would be getting a lot of consideration . Think that Roache has been signed instead of just train and trial but not in the main squad , so not sure how things will pan out there . Surely if Garrick was in serious contention for centre spot , would have had a run there last week , Could only expect Koula , Parker , Harper to be given a run in the centres this week . be surprised if Garrick will spend much time there and for the season proper . Tuitavake was good in the i st grade trial last season , just could not seem to replicate that good input with injuries and whatever for the rest of the season but hopefully can still came on well , Sam Fainu and Fifita look to be following the same trajectory as Olaka - atu , big , raw boned strong runners . High stepping , good on their feet , not that dissimilar from Paseka . if their ruck defence measures up on a consistent basis , really will add to the forward strength arsenal

I am hoping Weekes to be our 14 and Boyle to be in the top 17 either starting or on the bench . Cannot wait for the trial team list to come out tomorrow .

Croker is marginally behind Jake in being our best defender. Despite his lack of creativity on attack, don't underestimate how important he is to the team.
That's true, but it will be interesting to see if other forwards work harder in defence under the new coaches. Generally, dummy halves make the most tackles in NRL teams. Last year, Croker was 7th in this list.

Croker is marginally behind Jake in being our best defender. Despite his lack of creativity on attack, don't underestimate how important he is to the team.

And I think we will see that he will have added a few extra strings to his bow this year . He will be confident in the role after 2 years ... and will naturally become more dominant.

Found it interesting that Siebs took him as one of the 3 to go the AFL team training ... think we will see him kicking more this year.

And I think we will see that he will have added a few extra strings to his bow this year . He will be confident in the role after 2 years ... and will naturally become more dominant.

Found it interesting that Siebs took him as one of the 3 to go the AFL team training ... think we will see him kicking more this year.
Yep interested to see if he can offer more on attack this year. I thought he flashed glimpses when he was a 5/8 of being able to do a lot more on attack than he has showed the last two years.

That's true, but it will be interesting to see if other forwards work harder in defence under the new coaches. Generally, dummy halves make the most tackles in NRL teams. Last year, Croker was 7th in this list.

The big change will come if our forwards work harder in attack .. a dummy half playing a against a defence going backwards is a very very different dummy half waiting for the tackled player to get up, and against a set defense.

All the players mentioned are forwards and one will probably be next but geez I thought Myers looked very good with is limited opportunities. I still expect Parker to be in the centres with Koula to start the season but if Myers does well at Blacktown, a call up this year could be on the cards.
I think you're right but one more bad head knock and Parker will most likely sit the rest of the year out.

Just wanna give a wrap to Gordie. Played fantastic on Friday night, heaps of energy and played with passion. When there would be a break in play he would be bringing the boys in together, congratulating and encouraging them. He was a captain in the lower grades and I can definitely see him being Manly captain one day.

Also just wanna note, he was the nicest manly player I have ever met, so friendly and talkative, Hope he gets a run this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6