Next week v Rabbitohs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frank said:
I can't see us losing another game this year.

Rounds 26 will be a loss if we win this week.

Why? We will already have teh MP wrapped up, probably rest 3 or 4 woth niggles and the Cowboys will be at home and need to win to make the finals and finally the icing, the cows will need to win so the NRL has at least 1 Qld team in the finals as both the titans and bongos will miss out.

Fluffy said:
Frank said:

Why? We will already have teh MP wrapped up, probably rest 3 or 4 woth niggles and the Cowboys will be at home and need to win to make the finals and finally the icing, the cows will need to win so the NRL has at least 1 Qld team in the finals as both the titans and bongos will miss out.

Hope your wrong Fluffy I am going up to watch that game. It will be tough Cows are on a roll and are extra solid at home this seaon.

Even if we lose this weekend we are a massive chance to win the last 4 against the Titans, Eels, Panthers and Cows.

I hate losing but it's probably a good time for a loss.

I reckon it would be near impossible to win 8 straight from now.

Effectively winning this puts one hand on the minor premiership, and though I know that's not the main game, it's about time we got one of those again.
The question is are they better than last year? Without having seen much of them (only watch Manly mostly) it seems their outside backs are sharper and possibly better defensively.
Are we better than last year? I think yes. It seems we are less injury hampered and seeing some vintage form from Brett and more recently Lyon. Matai may be having his best year and DCE continues on the trajectory of superstar. Others either at or close to last year's standard. Maybe Jorge dropped off a little.
There is no point denying though that we have been stampeded a couple of times this year and that's the main concern. We definitely need Watmough and his energy to combat the battalion of brutes about to be sent at us.
Their main concern I think is whether the halves can deliver in the big matches. This probably falls a little short of a finals showdown but it could be we have some pyschological hold over Souths, at least I hope so.

Yeah they've settled on a combo lately, especially in the back line.

I actually hope Sutton recovers and they put him at 5/8 again (ahead of Keary). He's no playmaker and stifles their attack (and crowds Reynolds).

I'm starting to agree that a loss now might be a blessing in disguise...

If we win (at the SCG) I'll be fine by that as well!

Fluffy said:
Frank said:

Yeah, and those rested should not even go near the airport. In fact, those rested should be everybody in the team, who puts their hand up for a rest. Valuable experience for the B team forwards.

Fluffy said:
Frank said:

Their replacements will step and embrace the first grade Manly culture. They will become super heroes. Sort of like........wolverines. But without the stupid jerseys.

You heard it here first.

The Wheel said:
Fluffy said:
Frank said:

Hope your wrong Fluffy I am going up to watch that game. It will be tough Cows are on a roll and are extra solid at home this seaon.

I hope I am wrong to but history has shown us that a team that turns up beats a team that doesn't no matter what they look like on paper.

Wabbits are now claiming they will use Bennett's slur to motivate themselves for Friday night. Um, thanks Wayne.

Choc has been cleared of a knee injury and will play. Both Snake and Matai trained yesterday after concussion concerns and should be ok. Jorge wasn't at training due to his ankle injury and will be given until Friday to prove his fitness.

Stevo said:
Can anyone in QLD confirm for me wether this is the live game or the 9-30 game?

All games are played live.

I think @Bones has pointed this out before.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7