[Resurrected] Nicho Hynes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Sharks re-signed Kennedy so pretty clear cut that Hynes is going there as a 6.

I don't think Manly should be spending a lot of coin on outside backs. Maybe depth/squad players but certainly not a 1.8m player. We should be looking at Jayden Sua.
Any chance of prying away Jack Williams from the Sharks. I don’t think he gets enough game time.

Snake you are a man in the know... would koula be this type by next season?
I see the Blacktown game against the Bears (Rorters) is on Fox at 1.20pm Sunday. I will be watching for exactly the question you posed above @Kalvin . Also wouldn’t hurt to see what young Rorters that may be in the situation @Snake described....behind incumbent established players. Tafua named in the centres should be interesting as well.

Last edited:
I have heard that Hynes met with Des not long before this announcement but the Sharks offer was too good to refuse. 600k is good coin! I don't think we were ever really in the running but at least we showed interest and he gave us the opportunity to meet and put our offer forward.

Can't believe you didn't meet with him and said you had an "in" with the judiciary panel!

this one's on you!

:giggle:

I don't know about that Woodsie, there's a lot of other fullbacks ahead of him, and I reckon they will look him for 5/8 as they've just resigned Will Kennedy.

Even still .. $600k is chump change for a top line half or fullback ... one that can play both at his level are rare ..

When you consider blokes like Dugan, DZW, Moylan etc etc are on about $800k and blokes like Hunt and Milford are on a million ... even our Walker was on close to 6ook before his troubles ..

Still think he is a bargain ..

Even still .. $600k is chump change for a top line half or fullback ... one that can play both at his level are rare ..

When you consider blokes like Dugan, DZW, Moylan etc etc are on about $800k and blokes like Hunt and Milford are on a million ... even our Walker was on close to 6ook before his troubles ..

Still think he is a bargain ..
Don't forget though that blokes like Milford, Taylor, Hunt etc. all had break-out seasons similar to Nicho (or even better) prior to signing those big paydays...

$600K may be a good deal, or it may not... hard to tell with a guy that has only started 2 or 3 games and is playing in the Storm system...

personally I would be very concerned with how Mr Croft has turned out once released from the luxury of playing at the Storm...

I see the Blacktown game against the Bears (Rorters) is on Fox at 1.20pm Sunday. I will be watching for exactly the question you posed above @Kalvin . Also wouldn’t hurt to see what young Rorters that may be in the situation @Snake described....behind incumbent established players. Tafua named in the centres should be interesting as well.
Surprised that Suli isn't having a run to get some match fitness.

Don't forget though that blokes like Milford, Taylor, Hunt etc. all had break-out seasons similar to Nicho (or even better) prior to signing those big paydays...

$600K may be a good deal, or it may not... hard to tell with a guy that has only started 2 or 3 games and is playing in the Storm system...

personally I would be very concerned with how Mr Croft has turned out once released from the luxury of playing at the Storm...
A couple of key differences with Hynes compared to Croft:

• Croft never played this well at Melbourne
  • Bellamy never publicly stated that he wanted to keep Croft like he has with Hynes

Sounds like a cue for a Schodringer's cat story .. you are correct in saying it may or may not be value .. but you take a punt on any player when they change clubs ..

A couple of key differences with Hynes compared to Croft:

• Croft never played this well at Melbourne
  • Bellamy never publicly stated that he wanted to keep Croft like he has with Hynes
Croft had some pretty good games for the Storm - and Bellamy thought he was the next Cooper Cronk at one point...

According to the Herald but that amount seems a little high to me.
he came here as a "last-chance saloon" and then we renewed his contract after scraping into the 8...

you have to wonder at what point we went "WOW!!! You Mr Suli are worth an extra $400K per year!!!"

According to the Herald but that amount seems a little high to me.
I don't think it's that high, possibly around $450K
he came here as a "last-chance saloon" and then we renewed his contract after scraping into the 8...

you have to wonder at what point we went "WOW!!! You Mr Suli are worth an extra $400K per year!!!"
Suli had a good year in 2019, we didn't really scrape in , we came in equal fifth with Parra and may have even snuck into the top four but for Turbo missing most of the second part of the year and even then we were robbed in that semi against Souths.
His contract was up and he rejected a much larger offer from the Dragons to stay, around $650k, having said all of that, may have better for all parties if he took the Dragons' offer.

At the time, we were in a bit of a hole & was reported that St Merge were offering Suli significantly more
Or so his manager claimed at the time but Dragons were struggling for strike players at the time so probably valid . Still think that Suli is being undervalued somewhat in recent times , hasn 't given value for money but still think that he can offer something quite worthwhile if again used properly with some decent early ball and opportunity . As i have mentioned previously , my main concern for some time now has been him being quite injury prone with a lot of time on the sidelines . Anyway while he is with Manly , just have to expect or try to get the best out of him

At the time, we were in a bit of a hole & was reported that St Merge were offering Suli significantly more
Yes we were in a bit of a hole. I would have very happy to see Suli go to St Merge though. He has never been a consistent NRL player, and I think his best days as a centre are behind him. He also isnt suited to playing on the edge, and I really wonder if we can somehow incorporate him in our prop rotation. But looking at our prop depth I think that would turn out to be a waste of time as well.

I think we should let him go to a team looking for a power centre, but I cant see who would take him now. If we could do a swap out with Dufty for the rest of the season (before August 1st), things could work well for both clubs. If we strike a deal to pay some of his freight next season, and also secure Dufty for two years on reasonable coin, we have gone a long way to solving our fullback depth issue. Plus Dufty would be another handy backline utility player, who has genuine strike ability, from anywhere on the field. I would have loved to have got Hynes back but that isnt happening unfortunately. Thoughts?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10